Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 04:07   #1

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
Very bare boat charter in the Whitsundays or similar location

Hello all,

My wife and I are looking for a bare boat charter in the Whitsundays or a similar location.

We've looked around and most seem to be lovely new things with all the mod cons. Aside from the price issue, they don't really meet our needs, as the purpose of the charter is for us to have a bit of a try-before-we-buy; we are looking hard at upsizing to a late 80's Adams 40.

Can anyone recommend a charter outfit that would supply basic older boats of a similar size and style to the Adams? It does not have to be in the Whitsundays, just somewhere warm and sheltered on the East Coast of Australia, which is where we plan to take the Adams when/if we buy it.

We are both competant sailors with plenty of hours of coastal sailing under our belts, though our bluewater experience is limited.

Thank you,

Matthew
GILow is online now   Reply With Quote