Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 16:25   #1

Boat: Looking for a new boat
SoCal Destinations

The lady and I are taking a couple of weeks off. We live aboard in the San Diego Area and are looking for cool stuff to do. We are kind of planning on taking a little mini cruise. We've done mission bay and the Coronados. Catalina is looking like a bit of a stretch right now (bit too much work). What are some cool anchorages/sights to see via sailboat in the area? Does Dana point have an anchorage? Is Dana point cool? Is Zoonega cool? Glorieta Bay? Any hidden Gems?
unbusted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 21:08   #2

Boat: Sceptre 41
Dana Point has a nice museum. have you gone to mision Bay. Glorietta Bay is nice too. Really depends on what you want to do. anchor or sail. We did a real nice four day trip. Started from Coronado Cays sailed up to SDYC anchorage then out thru point loma and then up to Mission Bay. From there depending how hard I wanted to sail I would got to Oceanside or Dana Point. I've actually done the trip from Customs dock to newport in one day. From Dana Point to Catalna is only a 25 mile trip http://www.amazon.com/Cruising-Guide.../dp/0071374647 If you don't want to go to Catalina you can work your way further up the coast.this is a real good book about the California coast.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
zuniga is open ocean but only 10 ft deep for anchoring--is where the anchor outs are required to reside anymore---the jetty itself isnt cool--holes boats and hides in high tide....glorietta bay is ok for 3 days at a time, required to get a permit 24 hours in advance from the port nazis....oops--i mean harbor po lice......there arent really any close places to go--ye have already dont them lol.....have fun!!.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote