Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2010, 07:13   #1

Shallow Draft Boat for Sale in SE Asia ?

Gang,

I had a line on a Macgregor 26 on sale in the PI for a reasonable price, but it got sold before I could make an offer on it. Hence, that trip I was mentioning on the "Sail the Chinese See" thread is on hold, til I can find another suitable boat. Maybe someone can help?

The Mac fit our needs because we will only spend a few months a year cruising, and mostly in shallow waters, close by home in the Philippines. The other part of the year, we will need the boat to make supply runs from our relatively remote "homestead" into "town". The Mac's speed under power was a real bonus in that regard.

If anyone knows of a suitable, shallow draft boat for sale anywhere "near by" meaning PI, Singapore, HK, Malaysia or Indo, please let me know. I work via the internet, so I can take a few months to leasurely sail her back to the PI, working in port, and doing that trip I mentioned, "in reverse".

Have looked at a number of dealership sites and written to a few yacht clubs, but so far nothing has turned up. Have thought about trailerable designs and cats, either of which may work. Let me know if anyone knows of a suitable craft for 30k or under.

Thanks to all,

Goner
Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Asia, draft, shallow draft