Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2016, 13:31   #31

Boat: Hunter 25, Santana 20, Hallberg RASSY 33 " Mistral" San Juan 21 MKI
Re: Shake out to Alaska

Thank you!. Putting my 4-108 m motor back together as I write this. Pumps done, and injectors were new, needed minor adjustments. Hoping to have this ol girl running early next week.

An hour on the test bench, should tell me everything I need to know regarding the motor. Analyze the oil, new filters and fresh oil. Then into my truck, and south bound for install.

Guys, I REALLY, want to get out their. I recognize the possibilities, I'd rather die on a great adventure, then sitting on my arse picking my nose. A couple miles off shore, isn't that far, it would be a tough swim, but I will get it done if put in that position. Also have a life raft on board, and a 10 foot zodiac hard bottom with a 6 hp motor, if needed.

Only thing that really scares me is sharks, hate sharks, like I said they scare me. Almost got eaten by one in 83 in Tariffa Spain, dam close. Not really planning on swimming, or seeing any sharks.

Every summer I spend weeks on really cold water on the rivers of Oregon and WA, over the past twenty five years of rafting I've been bucked, off my share of rafts in some huge rapids, and some not so huge Rapids. point being if I get boofed, the survival principals are the same mostly.

Been watching the weather, early next week looks like nice coastal,weather, in fact a bit to mild, wind wise. ,I want to push this boat, in decent wind, want to experience her under sail. I'm guessing she will be fit for passage first week on Nov. then await a good window, and I'm out.

If she's got defencies I want to discover them early. I'm overly certain she's a supreme performer, she is a Hallberg RASSY, 33, and built to see the world.

Off to deck a Perkins diesel head.

Thank you all again.

Dirk
Dirk Williams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska