Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 19:07   #1
Registered User
 
Livia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Currently boatless
Posts: 637
S Pacific Passage Videos

I want to collect a list of videos, posted on youtube, that are logs of the passage between the Americas (Mexico, Panama, wherever) to the South Pacific (most likely French Polynesia, but from the Americas to anywhere in the S Pacific - note that Hawaii isn't S of the equator).

If you want to contribute any favorites, please post links here. I'm collecting them to make a list on youtube on the subject and I will be posting the list on our blog.

I'll be including ours of course:
__________________

Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 20:38   #2
Registered User
 
Dave852's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tavernier, Fl
Boat: Outremer 50
Posts: 657
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave852
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Can't beat Fatu-Hiva for a landfall.

A bit long but Ovive Sails From Florida To Australia - YouTube
__________________

Dave852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 20:49   #3
Registered User
 
MBLittle's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: St Thomas, USVI
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I want to collect a list of videos, posted on youtube, that are logs of the passage between the Americas (Mexico, Panama, wherever) to the South Pacific (most likely French Polynesia, but from the Americas to anywhere in the S Pacific - note that Hawaii isn't S of the equator). If you want to contribute any favorites, please post links here. I'm collecting them to make a list on youtube on the subject and I will be posting the list on our blog. I'll be including ours of course:
Great video! Thanks for that, we enjoyed it.
__________________
MBLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 21:45   #4
Senior Cruiser
 
Ocean Girl's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In transit ( Texas to wherever the wind blows us)
Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Posts: 4,115
Images: 2
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Great vid, thanks for posting
__________________
Mrs. Rain Dog~Ocean Girl
https://raindogps34.wordpress.com
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 23:08   #5
Registered User
 
Livia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Currently boatless
Posts: 637
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave852 View Post
Can't beat Fatu-Hiva for a landfall.

A bit long but Ovive Sails From Florida To Australia - YouTube
Agreed. Looking forward to seeing this one! We are in Tahiti right now and our internet is so-so but I'll try.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 19:33   #6
Registered User
 
Livia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Currently boatless
Posts: 637
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

I have collected 5 passage diaries so far (including ours). I'm trying to limit to the S Pacific and to films that put together clips from throught the passage. The playlist (so far) is here:
Sailing to the South Pacific: Bluewater Passage Films - YouTube
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 12:53   #7
Registered User
 
Livia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Currently boatless
Posts: 637
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

FYI - Just posted another passage diary on our youtube channel. Another 3000 miles in the South Pacific:



We improved the sound quality on this one!
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 14:29   #8
Registered User
 
Dave852's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tavernier, Fl
Boat: Outremer 50
Posts: 657
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave852
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Well done, thanks!


Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Dave852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 15:37   #9
Registered User
 
BlueBuddha's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wolverine Country
Boat: Lagoon 42
Posts: 323
Images: 1
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
FYI - Just posted another passage diary on our youtube channel. Another 3000 miles in the South Pacific:



We improved the sound quality on this one!

Great video. Just curious: Is "estrellita 5.10b" a climbing route?


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________
BlueBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 17:56   #10
Registered User
 
Livia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Boat: Currently boatless
Posts: 637
Re: S Pacific Passage Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBuddha View Post
Great video. Just curious: Is "estrellita 5.10b" a climbing route?
It is (Why Estrellita 5.10b? ~ SV Estrellita 5.10b) and someone recently rapped off the end of their rope on it
__________________

Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
passage

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.