Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 00:59   #16

Boat: Oceanic 46 (Jack Savage)
If you go to Birkenhead Point Marina, and walk north west on Victoria Rd for about 500 metre's there is a service station called United 24 on the left hand side. I filled my 2 bottles there yesterday. You have to walk past the Shell station as they only have exchange bottles. I hope this helps!

https://trekkingthesea.blogspot.com.au/
surfingminniwinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03   #17

Boat: Able 50
Re: Propane Refill in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by svfinnishline View Post
No refill as yet but narrowing the field -

It seems filling stations only exchange bottles nowadays so that option is out.

But I called Cass Brothers Plumbing and they seemed happy enough to fill the bottle, so making progress. I just need to rent a car to get out there as taking gas bottles on public transport seems to be frowned upon in this day and age.. did anyone say bomb? Anyway saving up jobs to do that require a car so that I can get out there and do a few other things to make a $75 car rental worth while.

Thanks for all the help, its much appreciated.
Rent a car ? Are you nuts ? From Pyrmont to Cass Bros is about 2k. Get yourself to Parrramatta Road ( AKA Broadway ) and take bus 461, 480 ,483 - all stop right outside Cass Bros. Altenatively take bus 440, 436, 437, 438 and get off at the first 90 degree turn right off Parramatta Road and walk about 200m West to Cass Bros. It is on top of a BIG hill on the left.

Eeeezzeee !
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post
Rent a car ? Are you nuts ? From Pyrmont to Cass Bros is about 2k. Get yourself to Parrramatta Road ( AKA Broadway ) and take bus 461, 480 ,483 - all stop right outside Cass Bros. Altenatively take bus 440, 436, 437, 438 and get off at the first 90 degree turn right off Parramatta Road and walk about 200m West to Cass Bros. It is on top of a BIG hill on the left.

Eeeezzeee !
With all due respect...try carrying gas bottles on to a train or bus, it aint happening.

Bavaria 50 Cruiser
SimonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56   #19

Boat: Able 50

For starters, I don't want your respect. Criticise me as you please.

Given that you aren't the guy carrying the bottles, what's it to you ?

I won't bore you with tales of all the gas bottles I have carried on buses in many countries.
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39   #20
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Actually carrying a gas bottle on public transport in Sydney does raise a significant point regarding the transport of dangerous goods in general and the applicable laws.

What one could do 10 or 15 years ago or still do in other countries is irrelevant.

I don't know about Sydney buses but you can't carry a flammable materials on Sydney trains. I reckon they would claim that a gas bottle would be considered to contain a flammable material.
See Conditions of travel - CityRail

I suspect the same rules would apply to the buses but an email to them cold be a good idea.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, sydney