Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2011, 10:07   #1

Boat: Roberts Ketch 38ft
New Zealand to Newport, RI !

Hi everyone, I just bought my first boat, a 38ft Roberts ketch, steel hull and seaworthy! Ive been trying to figure out my next step and have become very interested in a wooden boat restoration/building school in Newport RI. But now i have my boat im not sure i want to leave her here in NZ! and it would be great to live on a boat while learning about their construction, so the thought of taking her to Newport arises... i think NZ to Panama? Then through and up the East coast, but im not sure about that leg across the Pacific, is it done? What time of year? and what to expect weather wise and time wise? Any help would be much appreciated, im open to alternative routes! Otherwise maybe i sell her in Australia, but i dont really want to. Thanks!
Tomon4winds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newport

Posting Rules