Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2012, 11:11   #1

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Marina in Puerto Vallarta?

Is there a normal marina in Puerto Vallata proper? I can't find anything on the internet except for an all inclusive resort, not what I'm looking for. Another that I called, "Marina Vallarta" only wants to give me prices for golf. I'd rather park my boat.
Old 26-12-2012, 11:34   #2

Re: Marina in Puerto Vallarta?

There are at least 3 marinas on Banderas Bay. There is Marina Vallarta near the airport and Puerto vallarta. There is Paradise Village Marina that is semi-surrounded by a resort complex. There is also Marina Nyarit. This is the newest marina and the furthest (farthest) from the airport and Puerto Vallarta proper.
stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 11:37   #3

correction. Marina Nayarit Riviera
stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 12:04   #4

Boat: Negotiating purchase of 2nd hand yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to Mexdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914 View Post
Is there a normal marina in Puerto Vallata proper? I can't find anything on the internet except for an all inclusive resort, not what I'm looking for. Another that I called, "Marina Vallarta" only wants to give me prices for golf. I'd rather park my boat.
Marina Nuevo Vallarta
Mejor Marina en Bahia de Banderas | Bienvenidos a Marina Riviera Nayarit at La Cruz - Riviera Nayarit

Here are two links to Marinas in Bahia de Banderas. I agree the webpage for the marina in PV is useless, typical of Mexican webpages. The Nuevo Vallarta gives rates while the La -Cruz on gives an email link.

Nuevo Vallarta is a good Marina but a little difficult to get into PV proper on public transport although it does exist. La Cruz is a better option.

Hope you get what you are looking for.
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1 and I would come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea and 6 eggs. Can't do that now, too many f**kn security cameras.
Mexdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2012, 12:11   #5

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1

My wife's really talented at building websites. I smell a trade deal in our near future...
Old 26-12-2012, 13:52   #6

Location: San Diego, California - Read about our circumnavigation at www.rutea.com
Boat: Contest 48

We have stayed in all three marinas in Banderas Bay. In my opinion, Marina Vallarta is in terrible condition with virtually no maintenance being performed and the water is particularly foul. Nuevo Vallarta has much better facilities and, as someone once said, " . . . you can even see Mexico from there . . .".

Marina Riviera Nayarit in the charming village of La Cruz de Haunacaxtle (it's not even in the same state as Puerto Vallarta) is a modern, well-maintained marina and, last time we stayed there, wasn't too expensive. It does take about a half-hour bus ride to get into PV proper but the buses run often and they're interesting - almost always someone gets on board with a guitar and sings a song or two, then passes a hat.

We're still looking forward to cruising Mexico again.

Fair winds and calm seas.
nhschneider is offline   Reply With Quote