Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2014, 10:57   #1

Boat: Still saving up for the next one!
looking for a sailboat to buy

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking to buy a cheap sailboat (yeah, yeah I know this is a complete contradiction in terms!).

Have seen lots of nice old boats under 25K in Mexico but would like to know from any members whether it is possible to buy something in Asia.

Perhaps from some other cruising bum that has had enough of wife or husband/got cabin fever/run out of cash/etc. and wants to go home.

Am looking for a classic cruising yacht 36+foot. Has to have "lovely lines to fill my heart with joy as I row out to her" (borrowed these words from a famous boat builder, perhaps it was Herreshoff, am sure he won't mind though).

Looking forward to any replies.
Freddy_Vagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 21:21   #2

Boat: Freewind 40'
Send a message via Skype™ to Moufflon
Re: looking for a sailboat to buy

Hi Freddy, nearly a month since you posted your question it has attracted over 200 views and no replies, bet your feeling a bit down. it’s a good question and deserves a reply by someone, the first problem is: you are posing the wrong question on the wrong website, the majority of CF members that own boats will tell you that to CRUISE you need a boat that can pass a survey and be of insurable value in excess of $50K. To find one in Asia, it takes over $15K +to get here. Do not lose hope! I live in Asia. Last year there was a Ferro 39” that was given away for its non-paid mooring fees. So they do exist. But your budget is unrealistic.
Moufflon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailboat