Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2009, 08:12   #16

Boat: Annapolis 44
It is mostle at the Nordland end of the bay on the shores. It continues around the south end as well. The tidelands get seeded with oysters that are harvested a year or two later. I was up there last weekend and saw some workers with sacks harvesting.
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 20:50   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
On the 30 day anchoring rule, how far do you have to go and put you hook down again to be legal? Also, if your at a mooring buoy, I guess that doesn't apply. (does it??) Don't worry Jade, I am pretty religious about my pollution. I don't even use an outboard on my dingy because of oil/gas contamination. And I don't motor my yacht around either for the same reason. Every couple of weeks I would take my boat into a pump out, or if I used my Compac, I would just dingy in with my porta-potty.
I better shut up, because I am beginning to sound weird. What you guys don't know about me won't hurt you
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 21:06   #18

Two spots...

I don't remember the rules about moorings, but iirc you need to contact the local port authority before you can legally set a permanent mooring. I think the jurisdiction would fall under the Port Townsend port authority.

Another option would be to find two anchorages (or more) which are reasonably convenient to where you need to go, and oscillate between them every couple of weeks. So, head in to PT for a pumpout, then down to Mats Mats bay to drop the hook for a while. Then go pumpout, and over to Indian Island. Then pumpout and take a turn 'round Point Wilson and down into Discovery Bay (there's a bus line on the east shore road goes strait up to PT, or the other way to Sequim.) Etc. Rinse, repeat. Find places that get you access to where you want to be, rather than solely being right off the shore of your destination.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog anchored in a coral atoll.
Amgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 00:57   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Jefferson County Mooring Buoy Compliance:
Mooring Buoy Compliance

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 00:38   #20

Boat: Tom Thumb 24'
Re: liveaboard: anchoring port townsend in tiny boat

I realize the last anyone posted to this was 2009.
But how did this work out for you Newt?
Where did you end up anchoring?
I have been thinking of taking the Sailmaking & Rigging Class they offer and would be living on my 25' sailboat. I would be very interested in hearing how it worked out for you and/or suggestions. Thanks!
calypsosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchoring, liveaboard