Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 20:33   #1

Boat: Colvic Watson 23'9"
Gold Coast, AUS Slipping Recommendation?

Time for slipping and anti-fouling for my boat in SE Queensland. Any recommendations as to vendors? I talked with a guy from Bradford Marine at the Expo yesterday, $1000 plus $150 for Propspeed. But they work out of the Gold Coast City Marina, and Coomera is a bit of a schlep for me. Someone recommended I check out Runaway bay, which is very close to where I have the boat berthed anyway. I called Boat Control, and their price was higher than Bradford: $1,100/$180 for Propspeed. I'm now waiting for a call-back from A1 Marine. Any other places I may be missing? The boat is a 21-foot Roberts Longboat.

PS. Is Propspeed really important? I have read several posts here - or maybe they were on Trawler Forum - that suggested it's a nice upgrade. Thanks in advance!

Don
rabbidoninoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 21:03   #2

Boat: Van de stadt 40
Re: Gold Coast, AUS Slipping Recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbidoninoz View Post
Time for slipping and anti-fouling for my boat in SE Queensland. Any recommendations as to vendors? I talked with a guy from Bradford Marine at the Expo yesterday, $1000 plus $150 for Propspeed. But they work out of the Gold Coast City Marina, and Coomera is a bit of a schlep for me. Someone recommended I check out Runaway bay, which is very close to where I have the boat berthed anyway. I called Boat Control, and their price was higher than Bradford: $1,100/$180 for Propspeed. I'm now waiting for a call-back from A1 Marine. Any other places I may be missing? The boat is a 21-foot Roberts Longboat.

PS. Is Propspeed really important? I have read several posts here - or maybe they were on Trawler Forum - that suggested it's a nice upgrade. Thanks in advance!

Don
i usually get mine lifted at the boat works ( i know you said its a shlep but ive been happy with the service ) and do it myself, 375 bucks for 10 litres of jotum anti-foul an old tarp, some 120 wet n dry and paint rollers job done in a weekend

Steve
van demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men