This is an email I sent to the Vancouver Office and the reply I got back.
Could I have clarification of the following please,
1) I have EU and Canadian Citizenship I do not need a visa for French Polynesia
for up to 90 day stay.
2) My Thai partner does need a visa.
3) She is living in BC Is it allowed that she applies for French Polynesia
visa in Vancouver?
As we are sailing from BC to the Marquises we can only guess at our arrival date.
3) In our situation is the maximum application time prior to arrival in French Polynesia will still be 3 months?
4) are there any regulations
that I need to know for entry to French Polynesia by Sailing Vessel?
Thank you for your consideration.
I got this back!
residents of BC must apply for their visas in Vancouver. If you do not know the exact date of your entry in Polynesia, please provide a tentative earliest date for your arrival.
You may apply starting 3 months before your intended arrival.
For customs regulations
, please refer to the official French Polynesia authorities.
So I finish work at the start of July. We will leave July 1 if possible. As we live in the North it is a pain (an expensive one )to travel down. However we will do what we must LOL. So any info like : do you have to have medical
and boat insurance
. Lockable booze locker? Who are the official French Polynesia Authorities?
ANy help greatly appreciated?
Steve and Luksana
(More of a Thai Cooking
and Golden Retriever site at the moment.)
All the best from the North Coast