Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 19:37   #16

Re: Entering Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
not state--conapesca, the mexican fishery people. federales. they are part of the government of mexico
We are in agreement... I wrote Federal, instead of Federales...

The link I gave is for a mexican federal fishing license , and bash was asking if any other license is needed for the state (BCS)....

Again, the online site allows one to have a valid license with just a printer, credit card, and internet connection in 5 minutes.... (assuming everything is working....) from anywhere in the world.....

Unfortunately many people still think that getting a license is a difficult process, and hence neglect this step. I have seen many Boats pulled over daily off Ensenada by the Navy. They have stepped up enforcement, and rightly so...
h20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 19:52   #17
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

is why also ther eis a san diego office of conapesca, so folks without wanting to use credsit cards for this can do so with cash. is truly simple. the way they toldme the online way was sounded in credibly long. that was 2 yrs ago. this year i didnt bother to ask--just went in and gotit in less than 5 min. in ensenada at check in , everything is in one place--check in, visa, conapesca, aduana..everything.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 19:55   #18

Re: Entering Mexico - Fishing Licence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
is why also ther eis a san diego office of conapesca, so folks without wanting to use credsit cards for this can do so with cash. is truly simple. the way they toldme the online way was sounded in credibly long. that was 2 yrs ago. this year i didnt bother to ask--just went in and gotit in less than 5 min. in ensenada at check in , everything is in one place--check in, visa, conapesca, aduana..everything.
Right... Getting a mexican fishing license online one must have a valid credit card....

And Getting it in person in Ensenada is usually a quick process......
They are very efficient, and friendly in Ensenada (at least I have been lucky the 8 times in the last year I had dealings in the Port Captain's Office)....
Old 03-09-2011, 14:45   #19
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayGudday View Post
Gudday!
Heading south of the border from SF Bay and looking for some advice on what paperwork I will need to enter Mexico. Planning an extended stay.
If you are planning on staying a while, you will also need a Temporary Import Permit before being in Mexico for six months. Once the permit is issued you are exempt from import fees on your boat for 10 years. The TIP is easy to get and any marina (or local cruisers in a place like La Paz) should be able to tell you which local bank you will have to visit to get one. If boarded by the Federales for any reason, they will ask for the permit along with the rest of your docs.
Ellis McKinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 14:53   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis McKinley View Post
If you are planning on staying a while, you will also need a Temporary Import Permit before being in Mexico for six months. Once the permit is issued you are exempt from import fees on your boat for 10 years. The TIP is easy to get and any marina (or local cruisers in a place like La Paz) should be able to tell you which local bank you will have to visit to get one. If boarded by the Federales for any reason, they will ask for the permit along with the rest of your docs.
And with a TIP, one can import parts for your boat duty free....

(just a lot of paperwork..... AHEAD OF TIME )

but it can be done...
Old 03-09-2011, 15:18   #21

my marina takes care of fm3 and tip for me. i am in mazatlan. you dont have to think about those things immediately. you have time for that--is not part of entering/
the parts i have had to purchase so far were cheaper and are same stuff as from usa--they came by airplane, special for me by capitan de puerto.---by over 400 dollars. i aint worried bout any tip for now for that..but is necessary before you are here 6 mos.

the airplane was tiny and my crew went with for the part.
Old 06-09-2011, 20:42   #22

Boat: Pearson Triton 28 (1960)

On road trip to Oregon and Washington so email access is spotty but wanted to make sure I thanked you all for the information! I will be asking about best charts to get me from SF to Mexico in a new thread soon but if you want to jump in early and send me some advice now, I'll take it!

PS - Yes I know, Sailboat owner on road trip....not my idea. But still having a great time!
SayGudday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12   #23

Boat: Catalina 42 Pacific cruise to Australia

Hi Everyone, excellent advise about checking in thanks!
I have had a request from my young crew that Mum & Dad from UK can fly out to visit them at Christmas time in Mexico. I have no idea where we may be at that point, but to be near an international airport for them to fly to, where is the nicest area / marina close at hand to an airport? I did hope to be well into southern Mexico by then but is there a suitable nice area /marina near an airport down that way to fly in from London, UK?
Jamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:07   #24

Boat: S&S Hughes 38

Jamel,how about Puerto Vallarta, or Los Cabos on Baja.Further south Manzanillo,Acapulco,Ixtapa.Flight would likely be routed through Mexico City.Don't forget when checking in at Ensenada to have your engine serial # handy.
highseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:10   #25

Can anyone quote actual dollar costs for entering Mexico?What if a yacht doesnt want to cruise Mexico.They just want to enter the one port,get provisions and fix stuff and then get a Zarpe international for the next country?Is a cruising permit,a TIP and insurance still required?Will they charge for a whole year when you only want a couple of weeks?
nonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:18   #26

Boat: S&S Hughes 38

When I entered 2 years ago at Ensenada,it was less than $200. for everything.You need liability ins. also.
highseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:23   #27

liability ins is mandatory in mexico. is about 211 dollars.
checking into mexico is 23 dollars per crew member.
tip only if staying more than 6 mos
no cruising permit
check out within 48 hours of departure. must check in, must also check out.
donot need engine serial number, unless for tip
jamel--mazatlan has an airport--i think all international flights of long distance come into ciudad mexico then ye take a connector to whichever airport you decide on

if you have fishing gear of any kind, get your conapesca license before leaving san diego.

i just did this in april, 2011.
Old 11-09-2011, 19:43   #28

$200 insurance for a short visit doesnt seem right to me.
nonam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 19:58   #29

211 dollars for a year.
is liability and i s needed in mexico. one may be able to get for 6 months bu ti dont know i wanted only for 6 months but i got a year.
is good for all of mexico.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:43   #30

Boat: looking

Few questions:
1) Am I understanding correctly that I do not have to pay a bond for my boat when I arrive in Ensenada, from L.A.?
2) I don't use credit cards - never have - does this make a difference to the answer for ques. 1 ?
3) I understand that I have to clear out of L.A. when I leave, yes? Do I do that at the San Pedro offices? (boat in L.A. Harbor)
bangkaboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico