Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2012, 01:45   #61

Re: Cruising Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmachine View Post
Ahoy Paul, I found that this is the most useful document to wave at the officials trying to treat you like a floating ATM, that is, like you are are a charter yacht.

http://www.josc.org/downloads/Transsib.pdf

Cheers from Keith.
I second that , we got our copy (officialy) a few of years ago now, it's like having the Genie in the lamp.....
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 03:57   #62

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaniwha View Post
Hi Undercutter,

Where did you get a copy of the Indonesia cruising regulations from? Online?

Thanks,
Paul.
Jakarta Offshore Sailing, here they are.

By the way we were never overtly hit up for bribes or fees of any kind during our month there although we did buy a couple of coffees and an occasional pack of smokes in gratitude for everyones assistance. They really love Canadian smokes, lol.

regulations Indonesia.pdf Views: 87 Size: 48.9 KB ">Customs-IRJDSUNE9932123321222xxeww-regulations-IRJDSUNE9932123321222xxeww-Indonesia.pdf

customs clarification.pdf

Customs clarification Indonesia.pdf
undercutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 04:04   #63

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Try again to attach regs

Customs clarification Indonesia.pdf

customs clarification.pdf

Customs regulations Indonesia.pdf
undercutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 23:07   #64

Boat: Peterson 46

Excellent,

Thanks everyone.

Paul.
sytaniwha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:13   #65
Pusher of String

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Trisbal 42, Aluminum Cutter Rigged Sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif
No offense to anyone I hope but for a bunch of folks who are or intend to be "world cruisers" this thread shows a fair amount of intolerance. Having lived in Asia for 25 years I can assure you that stereotyping any Asian culture or country is going to be incorreect.

Most Asians who do not travel establish their stereotypes the same way westerners do. By watching tv and then watching the tourists.

Western culture is depicted through television to be rich, without moral, spoiled, warmongering and rude. Imagine if all you knew about the USA was Jerry Springer, Jersey Shore and CNN warclips.

Now imagine if hundreds if not thousands of Indonesians showed up every month in Baton Rouge with pockets bulging from millions of Rupiah on sex holidays to invade strip clubs and dance clubs. The good ol' boys would be having a field day...

Yes one could argue that the sex trade is a monetarily driven, government sponsored problem. But clearly Westerners and now rich Asians are the enablers.

Going to Bali, Jakarta, Phuket, Bangkok, Manila, Olongopo or Cebu and saying you've experienced Asian culture is like going to Hollywood blvd or Kings Cross and saying you've experienced US or Australian culture.

Anyway - sorry to preach. If you ain't interested in Indonesia, don't go but please don't slag them off. I have many Indonesian friends as well as Thai, Filipino, Malysian, Vietnamese, basically the whole spectrum. And yes there are individual crazzies and a-holes in every society.
Amen. I had a boat in lumut malaysia for 5 years. When i hear advice that says "only stay in the touristy safe areas". It makes my head explode. The safest places in south asia are the small villages and areas away from borders or tourists. It really is not different from anywhere in terms of people and place. The cities are more dangrouse than the towns, and the attitude that you bring is the attitude you will receive.

"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."
Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
foolishsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, Indonesia