Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18   #226
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Change of Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Seems to me you have got free lodging on board until you get paid even if you are no longer employed. What are they going to do call the police? Just tell the owners you'll be staying on board until the money is in the account. In the meantime provision up with case of Foster's or other local brew and put your feet up and put a couple of shrimp on the barbie.
Another rub... they've arranged for the 'Termite Man' to come and bomb the boat tomorrow and then she's to be lifted onto the hard where lving aboard is not allowed... bludi good organisors... just crap when it comes to organising money to pay out...
I could say more but it could be taken down and used in evidence against me....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21   #227
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Change of Plan

can ye move her before hew termite guy gets there? or is that felonious???

do they have the mechanic's lien kind of action so you can be paid at some time in life????
Old 07-10-2012, 08:32   #228
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Change of Plan

If this was Portugal or Spain I'd see the Port Captain and he'd chain her to the dock and prevent any movment till the matter was settled... but seems the Harbor Masters here are pretty toothless in these matters... just hoping the Water Police can come up with something in the morning.. if not then its down to a lawyer...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01   #229
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
If this was Portugal or Spain I'd see the Port Captain and he'd chain her to the dock and prevent any movment till the matter was settled... but seems the Harbor Masters here are pretty toothless in these matters... just hoping the Water Police can come up with something in the morning.. if not then its down to a lawyer...
Phil, don't forget to keep the log book and any other ships papers very tightly in your hands. Don't let anyone near them or let them out of your possession for even a minute.

They might get you off the boat but you can carry (hide) the paperwork.

Good luck with it tomorrow
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28   #230

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

This kind of reminds me of another thread involving Aussies.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ame-90310.html
Old 07-10-2012, 15:43   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post

Ouch - but i guess there are scumbags in every jurisdiction. The rest of us Aussie's have to be extra nice to make up for them, to redeem our reputation.
Boatman has been treated abominably, and I've offered any help i can give, even though i live 4,000 kms away.
Old 07-10-2012, 16:51   #232

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

I just rang the the water police here in Victoria, They said to get a lawyer immediately,
Old 07-10-2012, 17:04   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Another rub... they've arranged for the 'Termite Man' to come and bomb the boat tomorrow and then she's to be lifted onto the hard where lving aboard is not allowed... bludi good organisors... just crap when it comes to organising money to pay out...
I could say more but it could be taken down and used in evidence against me....
Wonder if the Termite Man has been paid for the work yet? Might want to have a talk with him before he starts fumigating and tell him your story. He might not be so gung ho to start if he is still owed some cash too. Just a thought.
Old 07-10-2012, 17:45   #234
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Wonder if the Termite Man has been paid for the work yet? Might want to have a talk with him before he starts fumigating and tell him your story. He might not be so gung ho to start if he is still owed some cash too. Just a thought.
Termite Man is AQUIS (Government Quarantine Service); the owners won't be messing them about - they have more power than Customs, Police, Army etc all put together .
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 07-10-2012, 17:59   #235

Boat: PETERSON 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz

But that's not fair too Aussies. This is bad journalism. I have most things on board that they had. Except the musk ox. Very bad reporting.
Old 07-10-2012, 18:27   #236

Boat: Able 50

Yeah, I had to get rid of my musk ox. Bloody thing refused to poop in the litter tray. I kept on finding little messages in the anchor locker. Sneaky bugger thought I didn't notice.
Old 07-10-2012, 18:45   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post
Yeah, I had to get rid of my musk ox. Bloody thing refused to poop in the litter tray. I kept on finding little messages in the anchor locker. Sneaky bugger thought I didn't notice.
You should have given it a bucket of its own
Old 07-10-2012, 19:03   #238

Boat: Custom Freya 20m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname
Termite Man is AQUIS (Government Quarantine Service); the owners won't be messing them about - they have more power than Customs, Police, Army etc all put together .
Let us not underestimate the power of individuals. Freemantle/Perth is a very small town with an even smaller boating population. If the O of this boat do the wrong thing by Boatman it will take a very short time for a circulating email and the like to let the locals know what has happened. Very difficult to live in a small community with a bad reputation. I reckon the local newspapers would class this as newsworthy.
Old 07-10-2012, 19:30   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Jeez, seems Boatman can't catch a break. As I say to people who ask why I spend so much time on my boat I say because there's too much trouble on land. Just hope Boatman gets things squared soon.
Old 07-10-2012, 19:38   #240

Boat: Able 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwaiting View Post
You should have given it a bucket of its own
Yeah, I thought of that but the prospect of training a musk ox to empty its own bucket was a little daunting.
Closed Thread