Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2007, 15:57   #1
cruiser

Beluga Diving problems Tonga

While spending 5 months of the hurricane season in Vavau Tonga I sent many emails thru Beluga Diving, including invitations for friends to fly down and join ,me. Altho they charged me for each email ,I found out later that not a single email was sent.
There are other options to dealing with Beluga Diving in Vavau. Best to use them.
Brent
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 17:01   #2

Boat: Willard 40PH trawler, ALOHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Riel
While spending 5 months of the hurricane season in Vavau Tonga
Malo'e lelei! You are one lucky devil! I lived on the island of Kapa in the village of Falevai in Vava'u for two years, about 40 years ago.....and I still can't get Vava'u out of my blood!

Here is an interesting little factoid. Robin on the s/v DOVE dropped anchor at Ava island on his solo circumnavigation as a 16 year old. That would have been in the early '60's. Ava is the beautiful little island right across the channel from Falevai.

Fakatulolo, the chief of Kapa island, loved to tell me this story. He would laugh so hard I thought he was going to faint. Seems that Robin shot one of the goats on Ava for food, thinking it was a wild goat. Well the goats belonged to Fakatulolo and he and some of the villagers went over to investigate on hearing the gunshots. As you know the Tongans are quite large - men well over 6 ft. tall and 300 pounds. Well this group of villagers confronted Robin with machetes in hand and (here Fakatulolo is laughing so hard he has trouble continuing with his story) evidently Robin thought they were going to put him a pot and eat him. Fakatulolo said he never saw such a scared boy in his whole life! Well, the Tongans did invite him to a feast in Falevai, but Robin was the guest of honor to celebrate his sailing adventure.

Sorry, I digress. I don't know anything about Beluga Divers.
alohaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 00:39   #3

Why didn't you use the Aquarium Internet Cafe and send it yourself?
Kapena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diving, Tonga