1. Winterize engine
, run anti-freeze through if fresh water cooled, remove thermostat and run anti freeze through if raw water
cooled. You should change oil
and filter before
hauling the boat.
2. Empty fw system and run potable anti-freeze through lines. Leave taps open. If pressurized hot water drain tank, connect in and out hoses, run potable anti-freeze through.
3. If you have a garboard strake plug
, open it for the winter.
4. Remove upholstery, wet lines etc. If you have storage
space take as much home as you can.
5. In Toronto most of us store with the masts down. If you leave yours up slack the shrouds a bit. It doesn't hurt to slack the belt(s) on the engine a bit too.
6. Make sure the boat is sitting so that any water in the cockpit
The spiders will be there to greet you in the spring.