Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2015, 10:27   #46
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Watch out for Patricia

ok this bitch aint no steenkeen 5 make it a 6. it is to makelandfall north of us thank the gods. i am still outside cone of death errrr uncertainty. death may be more accurate
cat is nervous. i know, poor bubba. yes we do have a place on land if this is too unholy.

yes the place is crawling distance.

bubba refuses to get into his travel carrier to go to condo.

please make sure the actress playing me is a strong one, and that bubba is represented by a lion.
yes i turned off aircond

when i turn off 110v, i will leave, but i feel as if my boat has a better chance if i am on her. i am welloutside the delineatiion of cone of uncertainty. let us pray she stays or moves more northwestward. i cm onmap in htis case is well out, a sall day yesterday damn thing was on top of us, the blue demarkation line of cone, that is.

i will write when i get out of this ****.

please yes i am fukkingnervous. pray if you got it. please.
for all the souls here and other bays on pacific in danger of losing their lives and homes. i am in a spozedly safe and secure marina.. we see how good a cane hole it is after we finish this....i am spidered into my slip better than i knew i coudbe
pray for the locals who stand to lose life and home. please.
it aint over till itis over.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 10:28   #47
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

I believe was a tropical storm like only 24 hours ago. Not much compared to a couple/ several Americans that died several years ago in some foreign country, news cycle wise. No doubt will be uber hyped on the news this weekend.
Old 23-10-2015, 10:38   #48

Boat: Rafiki 37

Stay safe Zee. What would we do without your garbled wisdom.

Why go fast, when you can go slow
Old 23-10-2015, 10:39   #49

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Zeehag

I don't know you and I have not been following any news. Patricia only came to my attention today. But I am watching and offering what ever internet, armchair, land locked support I can. I am glad you have a plan B. But get kitty into his carrier if you have to implement the plan!
Wishing you both the best! Maybe Neptune will trade a toast with rum to provide a bubble of calm around you! I'll give that some serious energy when I get off work! Be safe!
Sea Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 10:40   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
please yes i am fukkingnervous. pray if you got it. please.
for all the souls here and other bays on pacific in danger of losing their lives and homes. i am in a spozedly safe and secure marina.. we see how good a cane hole it is after we finish this....i am spidered into my slip better than i knew i coudbe
pray for the locals who stand to lose life and home. please.
it aint over till itis over.

i am not a religious man but i am making an exception for this one. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people in the path of this beast be safe Zeehag keep the kitty close!
Geekatlrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 10:47   #51

Boat: Bristol 35.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
patricia is a category 5 monster fromhell taking aim at sw mexicoast. she is a beautiful formation, and as such will be deadly as hell
the center is to hit mexicoast some few miles from here. so...
right now i am out of the cone of death. i hope we stay out here.

this mayhem will make a destruction of all in path. we are luckily in a protected arwa. lets hope it is protected enough.
we have neighbors, yes, they are staying on boat. we have megas and cruisers..
i see there will be much damages to the beachfront towns. what wasnt gone in jova in 2011 will be gone from this one. it is most sad.
but inhere, inside the marina puerta nueva, it is somewhat diffeerent.. we will se ehow protected as this progresses.
i will notify folks of my imminent demise. or i might do that notification of death thing after the storm passses
gonna be a monster... all the best to ya darlin.. be safe
Old 23-10-2015, 10:54   #52

this unholiest of antichrists was a tropical storm just 24 hours before she was a 5 wholly sheets mon. this is a lil wee tad scary. frightful? wild? definitely an adventure.
let talk rapid intensification.
thank gods for storm 2k. they scared the carp outta me. damn.
excellent workmanship, truly my favorite storm chasing watching praising folks. yes. i love them too. they make me smarter

for my friends and nannies out there-- F the tsunami, we has a cane to consider, and secondly,
i praise all the gods ever in existence that we are outside the cone of death err uncertainty. i like the label death better--gives a cane its due respect.....
this bitch is beeyoooteeeful, which means lotsalotsa deadly. the mor eggorgeous the storm formation, the deadlier they are. remember katrina, that wimp of a cat 5???? lickmy boots, says patricia.. yes stonger than kat. mutha of all muthas. gods i am good...
praise to all the dogs this is a not here but there and that there is sparsely populated landfall. (think overeducated kid you can figger me out yet..lol i will always be a kid)
sorry puerto vallarta, you are NOT first hit, so keep ypur pink panties from twisting up.
this **** is real.
and it is not yet here.
okaaayyyy....
i did ask the gods for rain. fukkinwatchwhatyeaskforbitch. oops please if you are sensitive, please dont read the strungtogether words.. i am in no mood to speak nice. you suckers are silkly clad in your safe posh or not bedrooms without leaks in a temperate zone without massive fun and frolic, scowling an senvying our lifestyle.
now look what we get. y'aall bitching about cali boat buying tax or other imaginary and definitively superfluous things in life-- just remember if i die, your **** aint squat. sorry. perspective.
this is real. people die in these.
we talking stronger than katrina here, folks.
please dear dogs and gods may we please allow the locals some reprieve. they do not deserve to die in a cat 6 pos wimpy ass storm .
our post exam is gonna include-- how much of the barra de navidad malecon and beachfront will remain post batterng ram
how many locals will be washed away and out to sea..
how many houses will disappear.
oh praise all the dogs and gods i am outside the damn cone of death. doesnt mean we wont die, just means it will take longer.

oh i forgot to add anchors and guns to this lil bit of fun. remember i may die so you cannot mess with me..nyaa nyaah...
no i am not using an anchor .. yet, and no flareguns either.
if i do use a flaregun it will be a cqr too light for boat so i can retrieve it easily without problem.. and considering using my propaane tank, yes full, as an anchor marker......
ok guys, have at it... make me laugh harder than ever. please.
no bashing, remember i am a dying woman...... so.... make me laugh..i will be bashed enough by momma nature before monday.
Old 23-10-2015, 10:54   #53

Boat: Bristol 35.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Magic View Post
You must leave. The destructive force of this storm is unimaginable. This is the most powerful hurricane EVER recorded in the Americas. A Cat 5 storm, which starts at 157 mph, is 500 times more destructive than a Cat 1 at 75 mph. Patricia really should be a Cat 6 (if there were such a thing) at 200+ mph. Storm surge may be as high as 30 feet! Katrina had a surge of 31 feet in Mississippi, and it was a Cat 3 at landfall. The surge went 3 miles inland, and took everything with it. To say nothing of New Orleans, which is 60 miles from the coast.

I hope you miss the worst of it, but I'd get on shore, get to high ground, as far from the shore as I had time for.

My thoughts are with all of you in the area.
bingo.. a no brainer.. the magnitude of this is laughing at hurricane holes. don't wait till it's too late to run for the hills.
Old 23-10-2015, 11:16   #54

Boat: Hughes 25 - Tulip

..... so.... make me laugh..i will be bashed enough by momma nature before monday.

Oh sweetie you're not going to die, but do stock up on a good sword, you're going to be fending off Captain Hook or Tiger Lilly soon, but the ride to Neverland on top of that eye should make for a memorable spinnaker run!
sammyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:16   #55

i am in a protected nook in a lagoon. we will not have swells nor much but a really good rise in tide. wind os blowing opposite to imcoming surge so i think we safe from watery grave fro now.
however the blowjob will be impressive.
it is slowly building as she approaches shore. ther eis a condo within realistic crawl distance of boat.
i am way too mean to die.
yet. i hope.
i practice daily. i am a centimeter outside the drop zone. 20 linear miles north of manzanillo. linear not road map. manzanillo expects 74 kt winds. we may see 100 kts.mebbe not, as manzzanillo has historically more wind than we do... airport measures 56 when we measure 45. we see. we have more hills than manz, and ....
so pray for the locals please. they are damn good souls.

oh an di love the peter pan reference a s we do fly when we sail.
you allbehave.. remember i am mean so therefore i wont die. but i can get scared as hell.
Old 23-10-2015, 11:23   #56

Boat: William Atkin Cutter

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Zee and all who are in the path, and will remain so until we know you are safe once again. Spent many hours here in Katrina, here in Slidell, LA.
LEOCAT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:27   #57

tried to edit but no joy..

2:20pm EDT weather channel is saying it will go onshore at Manzanillo/Colima this evening. here is a photo from NOAA from 11am EDT
the pressure just keeps going down... I know its a horrible storm..but it could not go in at a better spot... not terribly populated. I cannot imagine it hitting miami or someplace with a huge pop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	math formula.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	111478  
bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:29   #58
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Watch your lines after the storm passes. In some conditions post - storm there are extremely--- way outside the normal extreme ---- low tides.

Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive autocorrect errors.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:32   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
I believe was a tropical storm like only 24 hours ago. Not much compared to a couple/ several Americans that died several years ago in some foreign country, news cycle wise. No doubt will be uber hyped on the news this weekend.
Weather channel is doing nonstop coverage..
TWC, just said that a NOAA plane flying out of MacDill in Tampa has found central pressure of 874 Mb. lowest ever.. as someone else said, HOLY CRAP.

IF one can stream... you can watch it online here:
http://www.weather.com/
bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:38   #60
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Sorry Zee but I don't think its easily survivable in your position.

The latest air recon from an hour ago shows huge winds well outside the centre.

I think you should get off the boat.

I know you know your exact location much better than me but I can tell you that last years Hurricane Gonzalo was only 100 knots and if I knew before I I would have gotten off. And during it I was wondering what the hell I was doing.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-23-20-23-28_1.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	111479  

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote