Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 25-10-2015, 11:06   #196
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Watch out for Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
Emerald Rose is looking for news on Meja located in marina at barra. we know Eric and Terry rode it out at the hotel but haven't heard from them since storm.
Phone Marina Puerto de Navidad: (+52) 314 337 9014
or
Hotel Cabo Blanco: (+52) 315 355 6496

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 11:44   #197

Ok, I am baffled at what Cherise and Sea dreaming responded. I have reread all posts multiple times to see if I or others responded in an inappropriate way. I always try to speak truthfully, politely, and in a constructive manner. As far as I can tell there was not one response towards Cherise that was "attack mode", impolite, demeaning, hostile, accusative, profane, or unkind.

I would only state that she posted a question whether the media had hyped the news about Patricia. I stated facts of how incredibly dangerous this storm was at highest wind speed and lowest millibar pressure ever recorded. I also threw in facts about how quickly storm intensified and never seen before by weathers scientists. Never said one single thing that could be construed as "attack".

Cherise, if it was interpreted as an attack on your person please accept my apology. Please explain what it was on my part or other responses to your question that you would think we should "Peace Out".

I am a scientist so logic is important to me. Please educate me so I can have a deeper understanding of humans what I did or others did that we should "chill". It is confusing to me when you asked a question whether media hyped it.... And I politely said I don't think they did and here is why I don't think they did. Would u agree with the logic that if u pose a question and answers to your written question are contrarian to your position that it is simply a fair response and exchange of ideas ? What is there to "peace out" about?
No one insulted your intelligence, reputation, or were demeaning to you in any way. Please show me or any other responders to your fair question how are responses would be interpreted any other way than fair exchange of ideas.

Adult forums, which we are in, are here for the exchange of ideas and information. No one is here to rubber stamp anyone's ideas if they don't agree with the truth. Your question was a good question and a fair question. The facts that I and others responded to your question were just simply sharing with u what information was readily available. Seahag, our dear sweet companion, was in the teeth of the 'gator, also was clearly expressing her shock at how wicked and powerful this Cat 5 was.

So, I guess I would say lastly show me, or others who responded, what we need to peace out about ... If u ask a question expect a response. If the response is truthful and sources to verify it are readily available ... If that response shows u that "media didn't hype it"... Then u need a paradigm shift. Happens all the time in people's lives ... Does for me.

One thing I read quite some time ago that I have never forgotten. " just because u think it, doesn't mean it is true." U can bank on that.

Old 25-10-2015, 13:20   #198

Boat: 2ft wide dreaming chair

don't worry, alan.
that's just how the world turns today.

the question was asked accepting only one correct answer as seen in the reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
Someone else might agree and say - yeah the US media making out Mexico to be worse than it is. Sorry, I guess Im just a Bozo!
anything else was not requested and thus deemed offensive.
Old 25-10-2015, 15:03   #199

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Ok, I am baffled at what Cherise and Sea dreaming responded. I have reread all posts multiple times to see if I or others responded in an inappropriate way. I always try to speak truthfully, politely, and in a constructive manner. As far as I can tell there was not one response towards Cherise that was "attack mode", impolite, demeaning, hostile, accusative, profane, or unkind.

I would only state that she posted a question whether the media had hyped the news about Patricia. I stated facts of how incredibly dangerous this storm was at highest wind speed and lowest millibar pressure ever recorded. I also threw in facts about how quickly storm intensified and never seen before by weathers scientists. Never said one single thing that could be construed as "attack".

Cherise, if it was interpreted as an attack on your person please accept my apology. Please explain what it was on my part or other responses to your question that you would think we should "Peace Out".

I am a scientist so logic is important to me. Please educate me so I can have a deeper understanding of humans what I did or others did that we should "chill". It is confusing to me when you asked a question whether media hyped it.... And I politely said I don't think they did and here is why I don't think they did. Would u agree with the logic that if u pose a question and answers to your written question are contrarian to your position that it is simply a fair response and exchange of ideas ? What is there to "peace out" about?
No one insulted your intelligence, reputation, or were demeaning to you in any way. Please show me or any other responders to your fair question how are responses would be interpreted any other way than fair exchange of ideas.

Adult forums, which we are in, are here for the exchange of ideas and information. No one is here to rubber stamp anyone's ideas if they don't agree with the truth. Your question was a good question and a fair question. The facts that I and others responded to your question were just simply sharing with u what information was readily available. Seahag, our dear sweet companion, was in the teeth of the 'gator, also was clearly expressing her shock at how wicked and powerful this Cat 5 was.

So, I guess I would say lastly show me, or others who responded, what we need to peace out about ... If u ask a question expect a response. If the response is truthful and sources to verify it are readily available ... If that response shows u that "media didn't hype it"... Then u need a paradigm shift. Happens all the time in people's lives ... Does for me.

One thing I read quite some time ago that I have never forgotten. " just because u think it, doesn't mean it is true." U can bank on that.

1- Questioning the media's dedication to truth and/or accuracy is normal.

2- In your quest to understand humans, you may want to consider separating them into subgroups.
ie: age, gender, response to jewelry or flowers, etc

------------------------------
Looking for another pretty place to work on the boat.
Old 25-10-2015, 22:16   #200

Cap, tongue in cheek..u cracking me up.
Old 25-10-2015, 23:50   #201

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,

Think Barra may be getting power back in the next 24 hours-ish. People there probably have a lot of work on their plates for the coming week and will be busy and tired.

Sent from my XT1254 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 26-10-2015, 09:42   #202

Boat: dinghies and monohulls small and large

Thanks sea dreaming. Hey sorry folks, my misunderstanding. Peace.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 28-10-2015, 21:03   #203

Glad zeehag is safe. Was reading an old thread about sinking of HMS Bounty replica and someone criticized zee hag on her experience with a hurricane. Asking to the effect of have you even been thru one? Well for sure you have now!!
Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 07:59   #204
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgscpat View Post
Zee saw Solitary Bird afloat and marina looking okay. Guessing Barra saw more like cat one mostly for wind. narrow radius of highest winds plus terrain likely made a big difference.

Sent from my XT1254 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

MIJA is FINE, terry and erik are there and were in hotel a few rooms down from ours.
all boats in htis marina are fine excelt the derelict hodja, which became dismasted.

cat 1 doesnt have an eye with 200 plus mph winds after it, however.....

we got hit after la perula was swept to sea. at least 10 deaths there not being counted. funny how no one is there to answer the fone to say all is well..... hhmmmmm
only one boat in our marina had lines snapping and he uses small tiny lines and string. but he stayed on his boat.
mine lost wood solid boarding ladder, which is a significant loss for me, and one cleat,, thank goodness i had 6 lines that side of boat.... and my 02cool fan dammit....after eyeball sped thru here, when i pumped out boat, there was a white out and monster weather... that is when my ladder was smashed and gone.
bubba and i were out in this crap during brunt also--he is a lil unhappy now, but is coming arouund, poor boy didnt understand why he had to leave his perfectly good cave on boat to go out into danger. freeked his lil self out.
and the hotel was no better than boat--boat safer. gg=flying all kindsathings especially windows and frames to those and palm fronds and cocos.
we lost allthe leaves to the trees on the hill, looks barer than winter here, and topped the palm trees. free coco water now, as all cocos are on grouund.
restaurants and hotels wiped out. yet there is reportedly no damages. and lectrical wiring flyiing al lover barra.. wow.. i am glad i was in isla....lol
cabo blanco, up a canal system, was hit hard, due to rebounding swells of 4.5 ft originally ... lol musta been hell to watch that one. mangroves--fail. seas toook the mangrove boats and relocated em nicely. our marina here under the posh hotel worked out well as the cane hole it was designed to be.
the blessing of our cat 6 cane was the center was small so area damaged wasnt that larg in first place, and it moved fast so we were rid of her in short order. thankfully, a s the towns cannot stand much. colimilla has houses down, pangas everywhere and a sailboat at marys restaurant, which was quickly relocated back into mangroves.

and, for the record, this area has around 19 named storms annually. i been here 3 years. have i expeerienced this before?? not like this, but yes i have had canes and also in my youth in long island we had donna and carla and some others. yes i been in canes many times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12032243_1061456970533160_8053313653082067958_n.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	111793   Click image for larger version

Name:	12108072_1059999560678901_1528257119804075518_n.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	111794  

Click image for larger version

Name:	12032283_1061349377210586_7206090683180376553_n.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	111795  
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 08:23   #205

Cruisers Forum Supporter

barra has now had lights and wifi for 2 days. cleanup is still ongoing, as undermining oof restaurants and hotels on the malecon and restaurants on first street to the beach were destroyed nicely.
yet there is no damage
rodlmffao tell that to the folks whose homes went away.
i have many friends now with no home no way to make living--pangas and engines went away. AND their homes left the land.
this is a sad time for these folks.
life will be back to almost normal in appearance for turism trade in omy less than a month and half.
and someone needs to find the folks of la perula and let them know they are not dead

this beast of a storm rapidly intensified from ts to furycame 6 in less than 24 hours. many here didnt know until the sireen sang that we were in troulble. i advised some fishermen of the problem approaching but they seemed to take it lightly, as nothing like it has ever hit here or any of the mexicoast.
Old 29-10-2015, 13:25   #206

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Patricia has arrived on Lake Ontario. The last two days we have had torrential rains, with localized flooding (nothing severe). Today the winds are blowing steady 40 to 50 knots...with gusts to 60 knots. This is a big wind. I went down to the lake to have a look...the waves were steep and high, maybe 10', but the water was green with turbulence and white with spray, the wave caps blown off by the wind making the entire lake look like the working end of a blender. The pier I visited which is usually high and dry, was fully awash. I confess to remaining in my car, and needed the wipers to see anything at all. Fortunately, most boats here are already on the hard, awaiting freeze-up.

I can only imagine what this storm was like at full strength.
Old 29-10-2015, 14:03   #207

Cruisers Forum Supporter

it was total raging hell.
nothing more to say.
ALL the cute lil tourist towns from cabo corrientes to manzanillo have damages. many were wiped out completely. we know of 15 deaths along the la perula cuasta comantes area to careyes...just swept to sea. more than reported as yet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: