Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2014, 14:18   #16
S/V rubber ducky

Boat: Hunter 410
Re: Upgrade Project List

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwater View Post
* Better water filtration. Should be comfortable drinking from the tap.
* Ventilation, fans and bug screens.
* Trash storage

There is more to my list that what I posted because I really only listed bigger $ items.

But I agree you have to be able to drink from your tanks. Because I got a pretty bad gum infection once that I blamed on one of my tanks I now keep a good 1+ ppm of free chlorine in them (I measure and test it) and use a carbon filter for drinking water use. It is definitely more important than most give thought to. (I'm a water treater and know the answer for this problem)

Ventilation is good upgrade and improving is on my list. But it is low cost and I will get to it.

Trash on the other hand I only have been looking at my current trash can and notice it is a poor use of the space and bigger one could be found/fit for the space. But what else do you have on this to add? I don't think I'm thinking of a trash compactor as a washing machine seems more useful, but I could be wrong (happens).
Old 27-09-2014, 06:12   #17

Boat: 1976 32' Downeaster

Right now we have solar and a composting toilet on our upgrade list. We are fortunate that we actually do have a wind vane. Watermaker we are undecided on and will wait until we get out there a bit and decide if we want it.
But first we need to fix our leaking hatch.... priorities.
lilbabypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:47   #18
S/V rubber ducky

Boat: Hunter 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I always maintain a boat upgrade list. These just come about when I'm on the boat when I realize I've thought to myself "it would be nice to have ......." more than once.

I wonder how others come about theirs and whether it looks anything like the things that sound worthwhile to me. So mine currently has the below items on it:

wind instrument
cabin heater
folding helm wheel
electric aft head
water maker
whisker pole
Honda generator
TV
better shower sump pump
better mattress

How many want the same items or already have them? Is there something along these lines that you have installed that worth it to you?

I think I've decided to only consider the better mattress and the heat before heading out. All other items I think should just go on a wait and see list till I'm convinced the use warrants the money. Maybe I can just outrun the heat need