Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 18-02-2006, 11:25   #301

whoa

What happened in here? I have read all the recent posts and have the following comments.

It seems bad blood has been flowing from both camps - no one can claim cleanliness here!!

Secondly I remember this boat and guy coming here to NZ - spoke to him in Nelson and he emailed me a few times as I had a few drinks with him. Keen guy if I remember right. Nice yacht, pretty brave and tough guy. Yachts name was Providence Australian registered and he was importing it or having it registered in New Zealand or something. Bum is your real name Peter Bank?
Old 25-02-2006, 08:19   #302

Boat: 1972 37' irwin center cockpit
wildcat

I beleive there was a poster here who thought of buying Pat and Ali's wildcat but had read many bad things about the manufacturer. This would be supported by p-n-a's experience with their boat. This was before Pat and Ali bought it. He decided on a Prout instead. After reading the dialogue between Pat and Wildcat manufacturing, I would say he was right. So as an earlier poster said that he thought wildcats were fine boats, I would disagree. That someone would actually question the quality of the manufacturer, and that Pat and Ali would have the problems that they have had, seems like weighty evidence. I don't think he was clairvoyant, just educated. I am sure Pat and Ali wishes they had bought his Prout instead! So, for me, no wildcats.
Old 25-02-2006, 11:39   #303

Its more than monthly

Mudnut's on the net,scene set,"missus...Mudnut ya look all stressed!,Mudnut....yeh Im having my P-and-A's,Missus.... Is that anything like P-M-S ?Mudnut...Na its happening more freqently now!Missus...Do ya know about H-R-T?Mudnut...No dont know H-ow R-honda T-hinks.Sorry,it sounded funny when all those single letters were introduced!!!C'mon,I thought this thread was being put on the back burner.DNR stands for Do Not Resussitate(sp??)For fear I will become a vegetable...
Old 25-02-2006, 15:00   #304

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure
A quick poll - just how many forumites out there have someone holding a gun to their head, forcing them to read and respond to this thread?

Here's a thought - if you don't like this thread, then don't read it. Don't post to it. For those of us who have enjoyed or do enjoy it, we can continue to do so. There must be a reason some people like the thread - after all it is the most widely read and most responded-to thread on the entire forum. Personally, I think a lot of members were attracted to Cruisers Forum, due to this particular thread. That imho is a good thing.

Kevin
Old 25-02-2006, 17:42   #305
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Yes Loadsman, I do. It's the little voice up there, I am sure he's armed.

"you don't like the thread, don't read it"....Awwwe come on, I'm only Human. Some read gossip mags, I read this thread

"Don't Post to it".... But I have to have the last say. It drives me nuts if I don't have the last say, and then I start arguing with the little voice,...and he's armed remember.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Old 25-02-2006, 23:27   #306

I have to have the last say!!

Hey Wheels,looks like you will have to post another to stay on top of that last comment.HEE HEE.Loadsman,C'mon mate 'see the funny side.See! now Wheels HAS to reply.Every time this thread goes slack someone says something and boom!someone just has to reply!There has been a lot of "Off Topic"here,and thats what I think is driving it on and on and on.I have no disrespect for P and A,or Rhonda for that fact,hell even Bum lifted it up a notch.Have a beer ,cheers!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 00:51   #307

I found this forum from the Bumfuzzle site. Does anyone still look here? There sure a lot of opinions about Pat and Ali. Did you notice that they're back after a one month absence. So I was wondering if you all could resist the temptation to keep this thread going, especially seeing that the latest update is as contraversial as any in the past.
I enjoy Pat's writing style and I can't help thinking he enjoys sailing more than he lets on. I hope one of you experienced sailing folk tell him what that yellow line is for.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:02   #308
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Another One

Hmm, too many guys come in here with the first posting to say the same.

Would that be Pat or Ali in disguise? Supporting their "style" and wanting to keep the thread alive??
Old 12-03-2006, 06:46   #309

Sure as hell sounds like it!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-03-2006, 08:38   #310

Reading this thread is like watching Professional Wrestling or soap operas. The appeal is to our baser instincts. Oh well, hello fellow voyeurs.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:54   #311
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
"So I was wondering if you all could resist the temptation "
Awwwwe comon, if this isn't a troll of some kind. Mate, what? do you think we are all stupid or something? This has to be Pat or someone Pat has put up to this.
Hmmmm, so there have been no comments on this thread since they themselves were last on line. Now they have made port and are online and bingo, a comment is made here. Hmmmm, me thinks putting to and two together doesn't get me to far off the answer of "smells fishy to me".
Sad, but the more I read of them, the more I realise what a sad pathetic little man he really must be. I mean, what a compleate jerk to have such a low tolerance of fellow cruisers when they state how long they have been out cruising.The attitude to his response afterwards is just pathetic. He suggests to me that he is one of those guys that will smile to you and stab you in the back when he turns away from you.
Hmmmm, maybe I should just shut up now. I seem to be letting him get to me.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:00   #312

Hey Alan

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-03-2006, 12:50   #313

Alan you couldn't be more far from the truth. I've had nothing to do with the Bumfuzzle crew. I just enjoy reading all the contraversy so I thought I'd try to stir things up again instead of having to go back to trying to get a life. It certainly worked. Thanks.
It all confirms what I've always thought about human nature. That we automatically spot the worst in people rather than see the obvious positive points. For example Pat did not realise that the winch had two speeds but the poster on this subject missed the point that Pat discovered this while he was fixing it himself. He must have done a good job too because we haven't heard anymore about it.
I'm sure you could find many other examples of the positive being missed in the focus on the negatives.
Just the fact that you immediately chose to believe that I am somehow connected with the crew is in itself an example of this negative blindness. Yes Pat and Ali were not experienced or skilled when they set out and so they have made a number of mistakes. That's the most sure way to learn. I've learnt a lot from their site and from this forums many threads, that I hope to put to use one day. People who are experienced in any endevour should not be so quick to condem but should be more encouraging.
Remember this thread was not started by Pat but by the knockers. So if you don't like him using it to maintain interest you know who to blame.
Old 12-03-2006, 16:34   #314
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Quote:
Remember this thread was not started by Pat but by the knockers.
Not sure about that, unless ya call Rhonda a "Knocker".

She says she is an avid reader of the Bum-stuff.

Wonder why this here thread would bring out the worst in people?
Would the "worst" be constructive advise on how not to go about things?

Some guys have accused us older folks of being jealous, and that we are just a bunch of coach-potaoes sitting home in front of the computer screen not daring to go out and do what the Bums are doing.

That would be
Quote:
It all confirms what I've always thought about human nature. That we automatically spot the worst in people rather than see the obvious positive points.
The armchair thing would also be plain wrong in most cases if we are still talking about the "knockers".

Although I can only speak for myself, and I don't have a lot of experience sailing the globe, I did buy a big boat and moved aboard when in my 20s. (20 years ago)
Never sailed or owned a boat before that.

Have sailed a few miles since then, and feel I can comment on the common sense factor, or lack off.
Been there, done that.

(Never painted my emergency equipment gray however)

So, uh is this thread like a Jerry Springer show or what?

Somebody goes public with all their BS and their goofy stuff, and nobody is supposed to comment or critisize?
Because if they do, they are jealous or don't have the guts to do what the Bums are doing.....?

Old 12-03-2006, 19:20   #315

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure
CSY Man - when you first moved onto a boat 20 years ago, how many people told you that you shouldn't be there; that you didn't belong; that you didn't know what you were doing? There is a difference between constructive criticism and just plain criticism. Dragging up the non-issue of the gray danbuoy pole indicates your preference for the latter. Sorry for being critical.

Kevin
Closed Thread