Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2013, 19:52   #706

Boat: OPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Brand name? Several years ago when I road raced I bought a Coleman, no compressor used a Peltier plate I think it's called? Anyway it's basically junk, I would love an actual working portable 12V icebox.
I got one of those Coleman's, what a sack of you know what! Don't waste your money. There are ones that work now, I'm sure someone will chime in with the name. I can't remember offhand.
Old 23-11-2013, 19:59   #707

Boat: Hunter Passage 42
Thumbs up Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
Did you say hi? I do not recall. A ton of people were checking out the boat down there. I feel i made some dream plesant dreams about life at sea.
Let me know if you find one. There is no sailboat suport in albany area, they think we have sale boats. Keep looking!
I was there in Coyemans landing marina to check on my friend Dave who's Mason 43 was docked right next to your boat. You been working on deck teak and my friend was adjusting rig and put new sail. You asked if one of us professional to help you with roller furling or so... You have nice boat but man there is a lot of work to make her shine... Never mind, the boat doing it's job and that's most important. Again, keep going, you inspired me. I actually found the boat. It'll take few weeks to get it all done, so I can say then I boat owner. Good Luck!
Old 23-11-2013, 21:50   #708

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

Someone mentioned that Donald Crowhurst comes to mind when reading about this voyage. I just finished reading "A Voyage for Madmen" which told about the men that participated in the single handed round the world race called the Golden Globe in the late 60's. Crowhurst, an English electronic engineer, was one of the nine men who entered the race and had everyone fooled thinking that he was truely sailing around the world whereas he merely pretended to be at various locations. It's a good book and I think it's very unlikely that Scoob is pretending.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:55   #709
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

The post before yours kind of proves that he is not. Unless it is a conspiracy of major proportions. One way or another, he is having an adventure, so good luck to him.

Coops.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:57   #710

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Quote:
Originally Posted by passat5919 View Post
I was there in Coyemans landing marina to check on my friend Dave who's Mason 43 was docked right next to your boat. You been working on deck teak and my friend was adjusting rig and put new sail. You asked if one of us professional to help you with roller furling or so... You have nice boat but man there is a lot of work to make her shine... Never mind, the boat doing it's job and that's most important. Again, keep going, you inspired me. I actually found the boat. It'll take few weeks to get it all done, so I can say then I boat owner. Good Luck!
When was that?
Old 23-11-2013, 22:15   #711

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
The post before yours kind of proves that he is not. Unless it is a conspiracy of major proportions. One way or another, he is having an adventure, so good luck to him. Coops.
Coeymans landing is near Albany, it´s the start of the journey.
Old 23-11-2013, 22:18   #712
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Coeymans landing is near Albany, it´s the start of the journey.
Ah well, guess that means at least he started.

I had the same doubts as many others about if this whole trip would happen or not, but at this stage, I am happy to eat humble pie.

Coops.
Old 23-11-2013, 22:24   #713

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Ah well, guess that means at least he started. I had the same doubts as many others about if this whole trip would happen or not, but at this stage, I am happy to eat humble pie. Coops.
Me too!!! LOL
At least now Scoobert seems to be able to take wiser decisions....
Old 23-11-2013, 22:32   #714

Quote:

Ah well, guess that means at least he started.

I had the same doubts as many others about if this whole trip would happen or not, but at this stage, I am happy to eat humble pie.

Coops.
Must have been before the start of the voyage since it's only about 15 miles from Albany.
Old 23-11-2013, 22:47   #715
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
Must have been before the start of the voyage since it's only about 15 miles from Albany.
Stomp on me then all of you. Shall go back to deleting posts and banning folks if this is what I get for trying to be nice. Seriously, I am just wishing him well. We had many doubts, and we had more than a few fears, but do we want to be proven right, or would we rather see somebody fulfil a dream and battle through and make it?

Coops.
Old 23-11-2013, 22:51   #716

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Stomp on me then all of you. Shall go back to deleting posts and banning folks if this is what I get for trying to be nice. Seriously, I am just wishing him well. We had many doubts, and we had more than a few fears, but do we want to be proven right, or would we rather see somebody fulfil a dream and battle through and make it? Coops.
Fears and doubts I had, now I wish him well
Old 24-11-2013, 01:55   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Scoobert, Golly don't come to Louisiana, with your attitude some of the folks down here would not hang with your ideas !! even tho the food is cheaper and better but they don't much care for folks that don't have simple manners LOL !!
The man appropriately points out that service is lacking at some finer establishments and suddenly *he* becomes the one with ill manners?

I'm pretty well-traveled myself and understand exactly what he means... NY isn't cheap, but you spend reasonable money and you get stellar service. Many places don't seem to get that part of the equation. The part where you go the extra mile for the patrons. Not because you *have to* but because you honestly appreciate their patronage.

That said, I LOVE the south in general for their hospitality at all price-points, but again, I do understand where he's coming from where restaurants will put out a white table-cloth and serve some warm sourdough thinking that's all it takes to charge premium prices...
Old 24-11-2013, 02:54   #718

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

https://www.google.com/search?q=movi...ient=firefox-a
Old 24-11-2013, 04:14   #719

Boat: Hunter Passage 42

To all of you guys. Don't ever think that all this adventure fraud. I was there and seen Scoobert working on boat for most of the Summer. He is fine person, little funny, wearing pink T-shirt, pink socks and guess what- pink sneakers, but that's OK, he's not like those "quality guys", mentioned in other threads. He's real working person with a big dream and it's great. Here, on this site, so many people doing nothing but posting their "clever" opinions, but Scoob living adventure of his life now and it's inspire me and others. Best of luck Scoobert. If you ever get back to Coyemans Landing, the beer on me in exchange for stories you'll have to tell.
Old 24-11-2013, 06:15   #720

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
This forum is fantastic, but there's an ugly side to it as well. Some members just love to chime in on posts in the classifieds stating an item isn't worth this or that. And others like to dog people and the plans and dreams they have. The moderators try and maintain civility but manners and good form are lacking at times.
Good luck Scoobert! If there's anything I can help you with on the Space Coast let me know.