Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2013, 08:15   #631

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

St Augustine Municipal Marina
111 E Avenida Menendez
St Augustine, FL 32084
United States (US)
904-825-1026 (Fax: 904-825-1025)

Conch House Marina Resort
57 Comares Ave
St Augustine, FL 32080
United States (US)
904-824-4347/800-940-6256

St Augustine Marine Center
404 South Riberia St
St Augustine, FL 32084
United States (US)
904-824-4394 (Fax: 904-824-9755)

Intracoastal Marina
200 E Nix Boat Yard Rd
St Augustine, FL 32086
United States (US)
904-824-0138

Plus more, I only gave well rated marinas.
Old 22-11-2013, 08:31   #632

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519
I have stayed at a lot of the St Augustine marina the municipal marina is my favorite but the one right at the beginning of the intercoastal at the St Augustine outlet is better for longer-term if you can I would buy pass Jacksonville at six more hours down south you're in St Augustine and if you wanted you can even user morning balls and the dinghy dock is only $10 and you're sitting right in front of the fort
Old 22-11-2013, 08:44   #633
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

Scoob.... good on ya man.. been away so did not know you'd set orf...
Appears your doing pretty damn well.. play it like a chess game.. two moves ahead and a couple of counters...
As to the must have showers... if the docks got water I prefer to run the engine and use my own... I know what's been in there..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 22-11-2013, 08:58   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
Need something inexpensive, with clean showers, and laundry.
Not to be pessimistic, but the old business saying goes: "You can get it fast, cheap and good. Pick any two."

That said, look a little farther up the river past Jax at the Fleming Island Marina. You can also get a cheap mooring at the Green Cove Springs Marina, but if you're leaving your wife and pets there, you probably don't want that.

In St. Augustine, look at the River's Edge Marina. Not really cheap, but looking at $20/ft. at the Municipal Marina, it's all relative.

I concur with Don1500 about Fernandina Beach. That would be my choice if I didn't have to worry about that pesky "inexpensive" thing. But you get to define "inexpensive", so give it a look.
Old 22-11-2013, 09:17   #635

Boat: S2-9.2 CC & IP40

It probably would make sense to get on the waiting list for the Marina you were originally wanting....maybe something will open up by the time you get down there.

Guessing this is probably high season in florida with all the snowbirds down there. Also if you are taking the ICW look at the marinas enroute...you may find one in a warm enough climate and in your budget, to stay a month or so. SC and GA don't really get all that cold till after December. Just a suggestion.
Old 22-11-2013, 11:04   #636
cruiser

Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"

They said their docks are unsafe.
Old 22-11-2013, 15:01   #637

Last year in Jan I went thru Jacksonville and it was 27deg F St Augustine not much better- Advise keep going to Ft Pierce-many MARINAS AND VERY MUCH WARMER AND CLOSER TO GULF STREAM.
Old 22-11-2013, 15:20   #638

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
Seafarers Marina is cheap. but you won't like it. Dirtiest most ill kept showers I have seen yet. I felt dirty after the shower. People are great but the marina is the pits. I now stay at Arlington. It does rock some (I, too, have to stay on the end of the dock.) but it's not too bad. easy in and out. Stores and restaurants are within biking, but not easy walking distance.

You might want to consider coming in at Fernandina instead of Jacksonville, quick, easy entrance and exit to the ocean, dock right in town, good showers and stuff. Easy to go outside and down to St. Augustine the next day, About 60 miles. Fernandina is also a good place to lay over and wait for better weather.
One good thing about Fernandina is you can scoot over to Cumberland Island and take the dogs ashore with the ding. Wild horses and such. Very cool.

St.Augustine is a nice stop but full time it can be pricey. Hidden Harbor might fit the bill if they have room. We thought about moving our boat up there after we get it back in the water but being its a 2 hour drive from the house have decided against it.

Titusville is relatively inexpensive and nice and clean big bathrooms and laundry and we like it. The also have a transient special.

For low cost old school marina you could try Seven Seas in Daytona. Not the best bathrooms or laundry (kinda awful) but the price is good and they have a good greasy spoon diner on site.

Harbor Square in Merritt Island is inexpensive and the bath and laundry I would rate low to OK. One good thing is it is about a mile inside the locks for Port Canaveral so getting outside is easy.
Old 22-11-2013, 15:28   #639

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519
I anchored at Cumberland Island for a week it was very cool
Old 22-11-2013, 17:40   #640

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garbone View Post

For low cost old school marina you could try Seven Seas in Daytona. Not the best bathrooms or laundry (kinda awful) but the price is good and they have a good greasy spoon diner on site.
I had my bottom painted at Seven Seas last month. Not many slips so call ahead. Good people, the restaurant is a typical Daytona 7AM to 3PM type place, breakfast and lunch. Good ships chandelry on site as this is a working boat yard. There are many shops just up the road on A1A. March will have all the bikers coming in for Bike week, and Feb has NASCAR, (Daytona 500), all very noisy. But I winter in Daytona (I'm at Loggerhead now) so I put up with all that.

The channel getting in is narrow but I had no problem with 6' draft.
Old 22-11-2013, 18:56   #641

hELLO sCOOBERT- iM HAVING FUN FOLLOWING YOUR ADVENTURE--HOWEVER iM KINDA LOST TRYING TO FOLLOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AND HOW DID YOU GET THERE--FOR EXAMPLE -DID YOU SSIL DOWN CHESAPEAKE BAY? ARE YOU NOW THRU THE LOCK ON THE ICW GOING TO NC? PLEASE ADD MORE DETAILS....
Old 23-11-2013, 04:20   #642
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetheleo View Post
hELLO sCOOBERT- iM HAVING FUN FOLLOWING YOUR ADVENTURE--HOWEVER iM KINDA LOST TRYING TO FOLLOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AND HOW DID YOU GET THERE--FOR EXAMPLE -DID YOU SSIL DOWN CHESAPEAKE BAY? ARE YOU NOW THRU THE LOCK ON THE ICW GOING TO NC? PLEASE ADD MORE DETAILS....
Goodmorning. Ocean city md is outside. We cut in at norfolk, and are now in the biggest joke of this trip.
Overpriced everything.
We stopped at the famos prime rib place last night for dinner.
What a joke. When we get to wifi, there is a gross story from that place.
I would not eat there if you believe in germs and bacteria.
Old 23-11-2013, 04:23   #643
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Sounds like getting about and seeing Americana is really agreeing with you. I didn't know New York was such a nice place as a reference. Maybe you should turn around before it's too late?
Old 23-11-2013, 04:52   #644

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
Goodmorning. Ocean city md is outside. We cut in at norfolk, and are now in the biggest joke of this trip. Overpriced everything. We stopped at the famos prime rib place last night for dinner. What a joke. When we get to wifi, there is a gross story from that place. I would not eat there if you believe in germs and bacteria.
Where are you exactly?
Old 23-11-2013, 05:07   #645
cruiser

North Carolina.

I spent a winter in okeechoobie (sp) i know what the south is like.
But icw prices are a joke.
Closed Thread