Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07   #46

Boat: 1972 Morgan OI
Send a message via Skype™ to aireus01
I know when we sail south from SF CA Will have flare guns put around the cockpit so if a pirates come to try to rob us we will be ready. Plus we have two Austrian cattle dogs that OWN THERE BOAT and will attack anyone who tries to get on our boat. I feel more at ease with them onboard. Than having a gun. We don't want to go to jail just because of a stupid gun that your Not suppose to have anyway. Its not worth it. We will not give out water to anyone/fishermen for fear of what we have heard happen in the past with boaters in Mexico. I didn't work my ass off to pay off our boat. Just to have it taken by pirates. I will fight to the death for my boat and my family.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40   #47
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: The Way to Treat Pirates

The irony is that for a country that does not exist and never has and never will - Somalia don't half cause a lot of problems!

Somalia exists in the same way that DOJ_Land exists, it don't matter how many people draw lines on a map, or even if the UN give it a seat - The Eastern Seaboard of the USA, NW Afghanistan and Lapland won't ever exist as a single country......no matter how many people want it to be so.....or only the one person .

Top tip - if half of your country is killing the other half (and vice verce) your country has problems , if your country has ten halves (or more )and is doing the same then it doesn't exist as a country - time to try a plan B.

For "Somalia" the answer is:-

1) Divide it into 3 (Puntland / Somaliland / The ***** that is left over Land).
2) Sharia Law
3) More Guns
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00   #48

OMG.

I rarely laugh out loud at internet stuff, but the part of that video in slow motion where the moron is yelling "owwwww" made me laugh. What an idiot.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09   #49

Boat: 1969 allied seawind ketch 33ft

flares flares flares with sporadic blasts from a 12gauge loaded with steel cored slugs at the waterline helm and engine been there done that most hatian and central american pirate wanna be's use wooden or frp boats fire is your freind( insane laughter and lighter fliking)
Old 03-05-2012, 12:03   #50

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutherian View Post
flares flares flares with sporadic blasts from a 12gauge loaded with steel cored slugs at the waterline helm and engine been there done that most hatian and central american pirate wanna be's use wooden or frp boats fire is your freind( insane laughter and lighter fliking)
Wouldn't SSG's be more effective on a bobbing, moving target?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17   #51

Boat: Heritage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
I think the proper and humane thing to do is send them and all of their relatives to the USA, (or UK) hook them up with subsidized housing, free medical care, food stamps, a generous grant for school, and a small business loan. They're just poor victims of the unscrupulous exploitation of their country by us 1st worlders. .
Yup but you forgot Canada No wait a minute on second thought you can have them.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57   #52

Location: New Mexico and our S/V is in Fort Pierce..hope to be there soon and sailing.
Boat: S/V"KAREN", Pearson Alberg 35. an achilles dingy, 2 kyaks.

@Astral Blue.....OMG and here I am laughing my head off over that.....sick or what ? Thanks for sharing...I am still gigling...okay scratch the "flare gun " defense....LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 14:50   #53

Boat: Looking for Cat. between 32-40ft to sail around the world From Florida startn 2012.

Try it & see what happens when you have that many cans of fuel with the fumes that are given off them as most are either empty & have no lids on, I worked in the fire service & have seen them go BANG. just from fumes . have al look at you tube with a person filling a car & static igniting the car, Woman's static electricity ignites petrol fumes. !! you will soon have a diff. view !!
Old 03-05-2012, 15:57   #54

What I don't see mentioned here - though it does get mentioned in other, similar threads - is that as merchants driving big tankers and container ships employ more and more lethal protection systems - you don't get rid of the piracy problem - just the pirates move to easier targets - fools running slowly up the Red Sea in little plastic boats shooting one shot flare guns against automatic AK-47's...
Old 03-05-2012, 16:23   #55

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagreenberg68 View Post
First off, I will be the first to put a .50 cal round shot through the head of any one trying to board my vessel with out my permission, and if out at sea I will tie the worst anchor i have around their neck and send them below. I will not call the coast guard or any other "authorities" it will be a moot point at that juncture.
Sure you would

Old 03-05-2012, 16:25   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile View Post
Once again, the best solution is all too often the simplest!
Stay away from the bad spots?
I'm amazed that some just cant seem to figure that one out.
Old 03-05-2012, 16:35   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutherian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Wouldn't SSG's be more effective on a bobbing, moving target?
Regardless of what was used, it would certainly give the pirates justification to hose you off with the AK47 with an RPG up the clacker for good measure.

Easier and safer not to be in these areas and not be a target in the first place.
Old 03-05-2012, 21:23   #58

Boat: Bayliner Victoria 2750
Send a message via Yahoo to Astral Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanna reiter
@Astral Blue.....OMG and here I am laughing my head off over that.....sick or what ? Thanks for sharing...I am still gigling...okay scratch the "flare gun " defense....LOL
It took me a while to get it out of my system. Its precious! Muahaha!
Old 03-05-2012, 21:38   #59

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

All I can say is if he had shot himself with 1 of my FLARE Guns he would never need to wash his face again !! LOL 1 is a 10 gauge with a 14 in barrel, the other is a 12 guage that has an 8 in barrel and shoots 3 in mags the 10 gauge will and has shot 4 in Military rounds ! Great for the sending of signals !! for help of course!!
Old 03-05-2012, 22:36   #60

Boat: Ed Monk designed 34' Sloop Second Wind

There goes those evil. trigger happy, gun loving Americans depriving peaceful mariners of their right to freely navigate. AGAIN!
Closed Thread