Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2015, 03:34   #76

Boat: Columbia 8.7 (29')
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

"never give up, never, never, never..." Winston Churchill to the graduates at Eaton.
patn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 03:38   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by patn44 View Post
"never give up, never, never, never..." Winston Churchill to the graduates at Eaton.
He is my Rocna!

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 04:25   #78
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Its a source of amazement and amusement that any thread on CF, regardless of the topic will develop into a bunfight.

Im disappointed in myself and the contributors that despite, politics and guns being mentioned........ we did not manage to include anchors within the topic.

We really need to work on it. !!

don't be silly, nobody anchors in the med,only those idiots that can't afford a marina.

even in the places where anchoring is acceptable people generally tie to trees or rocks onshore as well
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 05:42   #79
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

If not already mentioned the Germanwings crash is starting to look suspicious.

Too early to draw connections, but bears watching.
hpeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:17   #80
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
If not already mentioned the Germanwings crash is starting to look suspicious.

Too early to draw connections, but bears watching.
I understand what your saying ,but I thought there was a problem the second that i heard that a Lufthansa flight went down,especially considering that it was an Airbus A 320 even though it was 20 plus years old..
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:29   #81
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Appears to be a suicide.. co-pilot locked the skipper out when he went to the toilet..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:39   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Well, it is just how I see your line of thought but it has nothing to do with inappropriate neither with all those out of context posts that you have taken from another thread, it has to do with this:
Your 'thinking', if we can call it that, is so convoluted that your statements are incomprehensible.

I defy you to support your inference my 'line of thought' is 'fundamentalistic' with fact. My posts are all there for you to use.

As for saying your comments from the 'Tourists Murdered in Tunesia' thread are out of context, the discussion here is very relevant.

Quote:
"The fundamentalist mindset is defined as one that cannot be changed by evidence."
O.k. bud, present your evidence I am a fundamentalist.
Quote:

The silliest smear | The Economist

Reading this book my help to understand the type of fundamentalist thought I am talking about that is not a exclusive of Muslim Fundamentalists:

"9/11, suicide bombings in the Middle East, anti-abortion terrorism, the American militia movement, teaching creationism in schools, the collapse of the Argentinian economy, the rise of the far right in Europe, riots at Miss World: what ties these seemingly unrelated phenomena together? All are products of a fundamentalist mentality, determined to crush all opposing ideas."

Icon Books » Fundamentalist World
So, pray tell, in the context you've quoted above what is fundamentalism? Contained in the quote is a list of what the writer believes are the products of 'fundamentalism'.

Quote:
...and yes, the fundamentalist thought, as I said previously " is the opposed of tolerance that can only be born from the understanding of different realities and different ways to look at reality".
Totally incomprehinsible.
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:56   #83

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Yeah I know.. can't imagine how I got a 'Huggy Bear' kinda image..
When I first saw this thread I thought Weavis was just stirring the pot. Now Boatman has hair spray....enough apparently to power a mortar in addition to its normal use...oh the depravity! Are there no limits?
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 07:02   #84
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
When I first saw this thread I thought Weavis was just stirring the pot. Now Boatman has hair spray....enough apparently to power a mortar in addition to its normal use...oh the depravity! Are there no limits?
Thats what happens when you get into futures...
Got case's of the stuff..
But the hairs gone..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 08:09   #85

Boat: Comet 41s

Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic

I am really impressed with the German wings's airplane crash. That's more one that is crashed by a pilot with mental disturbances. On the last few years several airplanes were crashed by pilots with mental disorders or psychological perturbations, far more then airplanes crashed by terrorists. That's crazy!!!

It seems that a more tight control has to be put on the mental condition of the pilots. I understand that a guy wants to commit suicide, I am not a religious man and I see it as a personal choice (if the mental condition is normal) but killing with him 150 people? That is just weird and frightening. It says something about the selfishness and egocentrism on modern societies.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 08:39   #86

Quote:
Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic.
You won't? You can't, because you have no evidence to support your over the top, ludicrous assertions. And in case you failed to notice, the 'topic' is the 'Changing Face of Cruising in the Med', and the OP's focus is upon the security situation there. Particularly as activities by terrorists are predicted to have a growing effect on cruising in the area.

Not surprised you miss the relevance.

Quote:
I am really impressed with the German wings's airplane crash. That's more one that is crashed by a pilot with mental disturbances. On the last few years several airplanes were crashed by pilots with mental disorders or psychological perturbations, far more then airplanes crashed by terrorists. That's crazy!!!

It seems that a more tight control has to be put on the mental condition of the pilots. I understand that a guy wants to commit suicide, I am not a religious man and I see it as a personal choice (if the mental condition is normal) but killing with him 150 people? That is just weird and frightening. It says something about the selfishness and egocentrism on modern societies.
Your conclusion is to say the least odd. It says a lot about you though.
Old 26-03-2015, 08:49   #87
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic

I dont think that he had a mental problem or that it was suicide, I being the pessimist that i am at this time feel it is something more nefarious ..Time will tell...Lets see where we are in 6 months..Ouch! those sanctions hurt..Germany was told that there would be repercussions to harsh sanctions..Once again I hope I am WRONG ...By the way, how long have you been working at the Lubyanka..?
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 09:59   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I dont think that he had a mental problem or that it was suicide, I being the pessimist that i am at this time feel it is something more nefarious ..Time will tell...Lets see where we are in 6 months..Ouch! those sanctions hurt..Germany was told that there would be repercussions to harsh sanctions..Once again I hope I am WRONG ...By the way, how long have you been working at the Lubyanka..?
The co-pilot was German without any link to terrorists, what makes you say that a German pilot would be inflicting sanctions to Germany and on the behalf of whom? If he was making some kind of terrorist statement he would have broadcast it, it would make it public, it would be on the black box, but the said nothing remaining mute all the time.

To see on this a terrorist attack on the behalf of somebody goes against all know facts...but then some just don't care about evidences
Old 26-03-2015, 10:05   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
..Your conclusion is to say the least odd. It says a lot about you though.
The conclusion regarding the last year's intended crash of airplanes support what I have said and this one, looking at the evidences that we have now, seem to confirm that tendency, meaning that the last intended crashed airplanes were more due to pilots's mental problems then to terrorist attacks but then you don't care about facts so... you can conclude what you want.
Old 26-03-2015, 10:11   #90

Quote:
The co-pilot was German without any link to terrorists, what makes you say that a German pilot would be inflicting sanctions to Germany and to behalf of whom? If he was making some kind of terrorist statement he would have broadcast it, it would make it public, it would be register on the black box but the said nothing remaining mute all the time.

To see on this a terrorist attack on the behalf of somebody goes against all know facts...but then some just don't care about evidences
Exposure to your twisted logic, condescendent attitude and mostly unintelligible content hurts my head and my eyes beg for relief.

You really should find something else to fill your idle time. Out of your league in most any thread in Cruisersforum.

You'll be the first member I've ever put on ignore.

Tags
cruising