Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2015, 04:34   #76
Registered User
 
patn44's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mobile/Pensacola
Boat: Columbia 8.7 (29')
Posts: 35
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

"never give up, never, never, never..." Winston Churchill to the graduates at Eaton.
__________________

__________________
patn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 04:38   #77
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,140
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patn44 View Post
"never give up, never, never, never..." Winston Churchill to the graduates at Eaton.
He is my Rocna!

__________________

__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 05:25   #78
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,312
Images: 75
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Its a source of amazement and amusement that any thread on CF, regardless of the topic will develop into a bunfight.

Im disappointed in myself and the contributors that despite, politics and guns being mentioned........ we did not manage to include anchors within the topic.

We really need to work on it. !!

don't be silly, nobody anchors in the med,only those idiots that can't afford a marina.

even in the places where anchoring is acceptable people generally tie to trees or rocks onshore as well
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:42   #79
Senior Cruiser
 
hpeer's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Posts: 3,900
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

If not already mentioned the Germanwings crash is starting to look suspicious.

Too early to draw connections, but bears watching.
__________________
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 07:17   #80
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
If not already mentioned the Germanwings crash is starting to look suspicious.

Too early to draw connections, but bears watching.
I understand what your saying ,but I thought there was a problem the second that i heard that a Lufthansa flight went down,especially considering that it was an Airbus A 320 even though it was 20 plus years old..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 07:29   #81
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,217
Images: 2
pirate Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Appears to be a suicide.. co-pilot locked the skipper out when he went to the toilet..
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 07:39   #82
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Well, it is just how I see your line of thought but it has nothing to do with inappropriate neither with all those out of context posts that you have taken from another thread, it has to do with this:
Your 'thinking', if we can call it that, is so convoluted that your statements are incomprehensible.

I defy you to support your inference my 'line of thought' is 'fundamentalistic' with fact. My posts are all there for you to use.

As for saying your comments from the 'Tourists Murdered in Tunesia' thread are out of context, the discussion here is very relevant.

Quote:
"The fundamentalist mindset is defined as one that cannot be changed by evidence."
O.k. bud, present your evidence I am a fundamentalist.
Quote:

The silliest smear | The Economist

Reading this book my help to understand the type of fundamentalist thought I am talking about that is not a exclusive of Muslim Fundamentalists:

"9/11, suicide bombings in the Middle East, anti-abortion terrorism, the American militia movement, teaching creationism in schools, the collapse of the Argentinian economy, the rise of the far right in Europe, riots at Miss World: what ties these seemingly unrelated phenomena together? All are products of a fundamentalist mentality, determined to crush all opposing ideas."

Icon Books ยป Fundamentalist World
So, pray tell, in the context you've quoted above what is fundamentalism? Contained in the quote is a list of what the writer believes are the products of 'fundamentalism'.

Quote:
...and yes, the fundamentalist thought, as I said previously " is the opposed of tolerance that can only be born from the understanding of different realities and different ways to look at reality".
Totally incomprehinsible.
__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 07:56   #83
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Ludlow Wa
Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Posts: 1,975
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Yeah I know.. can't imagine how I got a 'Huggy Bear' kinda image..
When I first saw this thread I thought Weavis was just stirring the pot. Now Boatman has hair spray....enough apparently to power a mortar in addition to its normal use...oh the depravity! Are there no limits?
__________________
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 08:02   #84
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,217
Images: 2
pirate Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
When I first saw this thread I thought Weavis was just stirring the pot. Now Boatman has hair spray....enough apparently to power a mortar in addition to its normal use...oh the depravity! Are there no limits?
Thats what happens when you get into futures...
Got case's of the stuff..
But the hairs gone..
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 09:09   #85
Registered User
 
Polux's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal/Med
Boat: Comet 41s
Posts: 5,765
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic

I am really impressed with the German wings's airplane crash. That's more one that is crashed by a pilot with mental disturbances. On the last few years several airplanes were crashed by pilots with mental disorders or psychological perturbations, far more then airplanes crashed by terrorists. That's crazy!!!

It seems that a more tight control has to be put on the mental condition of the pilots. I understand that a guy wants to commit suicide, I am not a religious man and I see it as a personal choice (if the mental condition is normal) but killing with him 150 people? That is just weird and frightening. It says something about the selfishness and egocentrism on modern societies.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 09:39   #86
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic.
You won't? You can't, because you have no evidence to support your over the top, ludicrous assertions. And in case you failed to notice, the 'topic' is the 'Changing Face of Cruising in the Med', and the OP's focus is upon the security situation there. Particularly as activities by terrorists are predicted to have a growing effect on cruising in the area.

Not surprised you miss the relevance.

Quote:
I am really impressed with the German wings's airplane crash. That's more one that is crashed by a pilot with mental disturbances. On the last few years several airplanes were crashed by pilots with mental disorders or psychological perturbations, far more then airplanes crashed by terrorists. That's crazy!!!

It seems that a more tight control has to be put on the mental condition of the pilots. I understand that a guy wants to commit suicide, I am not a religious man and I see it as a personal choice (if the mental condition is normal) but killing with him 150 people? That is just weird and frightening. It says something about the selfishness and egocentrism on modern societies.
Your conclusion is to say the least odd. It says a lot about you though.
__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 09:49   #87
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Well, I will not reply to Wrong's posts and that will contribute to put this thread on topic

I am really impressed with the German wings's airplane crash. That's more one that is crashed by a pilot with mental disturbances. On the last few years several airplanes were crashed by pilots with mental disorders or psychological perturbations, far more then airplanes crashed by terrorists. That's crazy!!!

It seems that a more tight control has to be put on the mental condition of the pilots. I understand that a guy wants to commit suicide, I am not a religious man and I see it as a personal choice (if the mental condition is normal) but killing with him 150 people? That is just weird and frightening. It says something about the selfishness and egocentrism on modern societies.
I dont think that he had a mental problem or that it was suicide, I being the pessimist that i am at this time feel it is something more nefarious ..Time will tell...Lets see where we are in 6 months..Ouch! those sanctions hurt..Germany was told that there would be repercussions to harsh sanctions..Once again I hope I am WRONG ...By the way, how long have you been working at the Lubyanka..?
__________________
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 10:59   #88
Registered User
 
Polux's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal/Med
Boat: Comet 41s
Posts: 5,765
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I dont think that he had a mental problem or that it was suicide, I being the pessimist that i am at this time feel it is something more nefarious ..Time will tell...Lets see where we are in 6 months..Ouch! those sanctions hurt..Germany was told that there would be repercussions to harsh sanctions..Once again I hope I am WRONG ...By the way, how long have you been working at the Lubyanka..?
The co-pilot was German without any link to terrorists, what makes you say that a German pilot would be inflicting sanctions to Germany and on the behalf of whom? If he was making some kind of terrorist statement he would have broadcast it, it would make it public, it would be on the black box, but the said nothing remaining mute all the time.

To see on this a terrorist attack on the behalf of somebody goes against all know facts...but then some just don't care about evidences
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 11:05   #89
Registered User
 
Polux's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal/Med
Boat: Comet 41s
Posts: 5,765
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
....
..Your conclusion is to say the least odd. It says a lot about you though.
The conclusion regarding the last year's intended crash of airplanes support what I have said and this one, looking at the evidences that we have now, seem to confirm that tendency, meaning that the last intended crashed airplanes were more due to pilots's mental problems then to terrorist attacks but then you don't care about facts so... you can conclude what you want.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 11:11   #90
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: The changing face of cruising in the Med.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
The co-pilot was German without any link to terrorists, what makes you say that a German pilot would be inflicting sanctions to Germany and to behalf of whom? If he was making some kind of terrorist statement he would have broadcast it, it would make it public, it would be register on the black box but the said nothing remaining mute all the time.

To see on this a terrorist attack on the behalf of somebody goes against all know facts...but then some just don't care about evidences
Exposure to your twisted logic, condescendent attitude and mostly unintelligible content hurts my head and my eyes beg for relief.

You really should find something else to fill your idle time. Out of your league in most any thread in Cruisersforum.

You'll be the first member I've ever put on ignore.
__________________

__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruising

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Way Should a Raw-Water Strainer Face ? bazzer Engines and Propulsion Systems 8 10-05-2010 16:23
For Sale: North Face Waterproof Duffel Bags rmmtx3 Classifieds Archive 2 25-04-2010 07:38
Keeping the face dry in the rain Glenn C Off Topic Forum 21 27-11-2008 22:01
Keeping the face dry in the rain bibi13 Health, Safety & Related Gear 2 01-11-2008 18:14



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:20.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.