Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2009, 06:24   #1

Boat: WILL BUY SOON
Tell Me About Your Dream Boat

I hope this question has not been asked before (i know search is your friend).Consider the following:

1. You have an unlimited budget,the only restriction is your boat has to be no greater that 40ft, and a monohull sailboat,must be brand new. What would it be,please provide,brand,price.

2,You have a budget of 150k,the restrictions or as follows no greater than 40ft,monohull sailboat,please provide, brand ,price and please elaborate on any refit you might chose..

You must live on this boat,not a day sailor.

Thanks
RELEASEME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 06:57   #2

Boat: boatless atm
Send a message via MSN to bobfnbw
LOL... was just designing my "dream boat" last night.
Its a little off your parameters though.
Aluminum hull, built by kelly archer or kanter yachts.
LOA ~47', beam ~``14', lwl 40', displacement ~29000 lbs light. draft 6.5'
mast hight 65', cutter rigged ketch.
Pilothouse open to back, large nav station to port then head with shower for wet locker, galley to starboard with 8 cf freezer and 12cf fridge. salon forward with wrap around dinete to stbd, settee to port, forward is pullman berth to stbd, and storage and small seat to port. forward of that is a water tight bulkhead accessed from 3x3 hatchh on deck for chairn, line, fender, sail, ect lockerr.
aft of conpainonway is over and under single berths to port, to stbd is a engine space and generator, 120 HP diesel, like a john deer or lugger, and a 6 KW norther lights generator. Espar diesel hot water heat thgoughout.
4 zone ac. further aft is small head and workroom. 1400 ah of rolls wet cell batteries in a space under compainonway vented to outside. 2 agm start batteries. Engine has 300 ah electodyne alternator. 220v powered water maker 40gph. water tankage is 200 us gal, fuel is 330 usg (300 gal in 2 aluminum tanks plus 30 g day tank) holding ~40g, blackwater 25g.
jib is 150% genoa for light airs on a furler. Staysail is 100% hanked on.
Main and mizzen staysails. Main is on batt cars as is mizzen.
Hull unpainted. topsides white. with no skid, no teak decks.
inside is cherry with some exotics. Not much teak at all on this boat.
pilothouse is similar to a sundeer type pilothouse. open in the rear, seating port and stbd. small cockpit with bimini aft. aft deck with large lazerette, swim step sugerscouped stern. 2 digneys, 1 hard sailing, one rib. 15 hp honda outboard for the rib.
cost.... around 800K if I did a lot of the finish work myself I guesstimate.

Now for your second question, the main question is WHERE is this boat expected to reside and persorm. But for your 150K max then I would say a ENDEAVOUR 42 (not 43) purchased for around 110K, and put the rest into upgrades. They are very nice boats and would do well in almoxt any sailing most of us would ever do. If extreme sailing is your forte, like patagonia, ot the artic, then it would be hard to get someting like that for that price, except a one off steel boat, IMO.

I would get to commissioning that first boat today, but unfortunatly I am broke, so I guess my current one with have to do...... but a man can dream.
Have a safe and happy holiday, whereever you reside.
Bob