Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:58   #1

Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch
Send a message via MSN to irwin28
Tampico, Mexico

Been thinking about making a trip to tampico in about 2 weeks. I just came back from mexico "aquismon" and i would like to go back but by sail. It is on the same parallel more or less as where i want to go back to but im not too crazy about going to tampico blindly. Just curious about anchorages, mooring, slips and things to watch out for etc. Any imput will be appreciated.
irwin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 20:34   #2

Tampico

Do not know anything about boating facilities in Tampico, and haven't been there in a long time, but that is about the last place on earth I would ever
want to go to. It is dirty, nasty and corrupt. And those are it's good features. There are a couple of other places I can highly recommend though. I absolutely love Vera Cruz. It is a very lovely city, and does have some boating facilities. The yacht club there hosts the race from Galveston every other year. Also, there is a little tiny place, about 150 miles S. of Brownsville. Name is La Pesca. Actually has some jetties and a lighthouse there. Is where the river from Lake Guerro enters the gulf. Last time I was there, was a sort a marina a mile or so up river, that had diesel fuel. Is a store in town, that has basics. Just inside the jetties, on the north side of the river is a small indention, about 8' deep, that is just the perfect size to anchor up one boat, by tying off to land on two sides. Kinda neat place, and nice friendly people. But once again, I can not say anything good about Tampico.
Nice N Easy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico