Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2006, 12:55   #16

Michael

I know where Winthrop, WA is!!

It's south, by southwest from where you live at!!

I know my geography!!

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 19:21   #17
Kai Nui

Michael,
I experienced one of the worst cases of this at a local building supply store. We went in looking for stainless screws. We could not find any stainless hardware, and asked one of the clerks. He took us to the nail isle and started pointing out boxes of nails, asking if that was what we wanted. I explained we wanted screws made of stainless steel. He looked at me like I was from another planet, and pulled a box of sheet rock nails (not screws) off the shelf and handed them to me. I politely explained that these were still not screws and left. I really makes you wonder.
Old 23-02-2006, 23:59   #18

Kai.

That's the major problem with customer service in this day and age.

Just like the Beers thing. That was mentioned in another thread, over a week ago. Bad customer service can hurt business.

By the way Kai. Was that person very young? That could also answer many questions there?

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 13:03   #19

Boat: Privilege 37
I bought a second hand raft a couple of years ago after doing some research, By far the best available to me was the Avon ocean. This made of butyl (rubber) and has a double inflated floor. All the gear inside was in vacuum packs. I had it serviced by the local agent and insisted on seeing it inflated (quite normal for this agent.

I only forgot one thing - the weight of the thing is too much for where I wanted to stow it! doh
Old 24-02-2006, 18:30   #20

I under stand there is a date on those life rafts . when they become obsolete??? and cant be repacked or serviced???
kraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 18:38   #21
Kai Nui

Not sure about an "expiration date", but you do have to watch what you buy. A friend of mine got a used raft, and took it in for service. THe material was so deteriorated that it could not be repaired. Fortunately, he got it for free. He probably could have saved the cost of having it checked if he had information on how to repack it.