Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 19:16   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 82
Surveyor for Boat in Palm Beach / Melbourne, FL Area

Hey everyone -- happy new year!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend -- preferably frZom personal experience -- a good marine surveyor in the Palm Beach-Melbourne, FL area (or one not far away who would go there to do a survey on a 30' sailboat).

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Mike
__________________

__________________
MikeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 20:56   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus
 
TaoJones's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montrose, Colorado
Posts: 9,850
I can, Mike . . . and he's a member here, to boot. Member amarinesurveyor is based in Jupiter, FL and he surveyed Bumfuzzle for me when I was considering purchasing the vessel. I was impressed by his thorough survey, the highly-detailed followup written survey, and his honest, straightforward advice.

As it turned out, I rejected Bumfuzzle based on Brian's survey, and I figure he saved me many thousands of dollars. You can contact him through Cruisers Forum via PM if you're interested in his services.

TaoJones
__________________

__________________
"Your vision becomes clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks within, awakens."
Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)
TaoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01   #3
Ram
Registered User
 
Ram's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cruising Greece
Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Posts: 2,298
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
I can, Mike . . . and he's a member here, to boot. Member amarinesurveyor is based in Jupiter, FL and he surveyed Bumfuzzle for me when I was considering purchasing the vessel. I was impressed by his thorough survey, the highly-detailed followup written survey, and his honest, straightforward advice.

As it turned out, I rejected Bumfuzzle based on Brian's survey, and I figure he saved me many thousands of dollars. You can contact him through Cruisers Forum via PM if you're interested in his services.

TaoJones
Was this before or after the round the world trip ??
__________________
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:43   #4
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus
 
TaoJones's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montrose, Colorado
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Was this before or after the round the world trip ??
Within a couple of weeks of their arrival back in Ft. Lauderdale at the conclusion of their circumnavigation.

TaoJones
__________________
"Your vision becomes clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks within, awakens."
Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961)
TaoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:49   #5
Registered User
 
FloridaWriter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maitland, FL
Boat: Bristol 29
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
Hey everyone -- happy new year!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend -- preferably frZom personal experience -- a good marine surveyor in the Palm Beach-Melbourne, FL area (or one not far away who would go there to do a survey on a 30' sailboat).

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Mike

I can stronly recommend Chan Chapman in the Cocoa / Melbourne area. He is meticulous, extremely thorough and highly knowledgable. I've known Chan for a long time and he would be the only surveyor I would use.

Good luck,

David

CHAPMAN MARINE SURVEYOR
P.O. Box 236023
Cocoa, FL 32923-6023
Phone: (321) 633-0860
Fax: (321) 633-4377
chanchapman@ChapmanMarineSurveyor.com
__________________
David www.bristol29.com
"The lookout that first sights the cat shall have ten guineas and remission of sins, short of mutiny, sodomy, or damaging the paintwork." - Jack Aubrey
FloridaWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 15:24   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 82
This is great. Thanks, guys.

Regards,
Mike
__________________

__________________
MikeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
surveyor

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experienced Sailor/Surveyor in LA Area to Check Out a Boat for Me? HobieFan Construction, Maintenance & Refit 2 24-08-2009 22:37
Anchoring in Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale Les Bechdel Atlantic & the Caribbean 3 22-02-2009 21:04
Reputable Surveyor in Newport Beach area? Cassive Dollars & Cents 1 27-01-2009 12:37
West Palm Beach dw5055 Meets & Greets 4 09-05-2008 22:58
Long-Term Stay in Palm Beach/Jupiter FL Area Frost Atlantic & the Caribbean 5 09-01-2008 07:45



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:22.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.