Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 02-05-2014, 15:39   #1

Boat: 46' Kanter Pilothouse CUtter
Suggested route(s) - Grenada-Stewart, Fl. in October

Hello Everyone,

I am sailing my boat from Grenada (Grenada Marine) to Stewart, Fl. this upcoming October - wondering if there is a best (sailing) route for such a trip. My draft is 7'3".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mark.
mryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 19:13   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 50
Re: Suggested route(s) - Grenada-Stewart, Fl. in October

First I would stock up on lots of beer. Then I'd head straight across to Puerto Rico, through the Mona Pass, hang a left and skirt the North Coast of Hispanola, up through the Old Bahamas Channel, catch the Gulf Stream North of Cay Sal bank, and rocket home to the newly dredged deep water inlet of Stuart. Should take you about 10 to12 days all downhill sled ride depending on your boat. That's assuming you don't stop of course. Make sure your autopilot is bullet proof cause it'll be working overtime surfing the swells. Good luck.
Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote

Grenada, route

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On