Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2016, 19:41   #121

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78
Re: Still using the excuse you can't afford that boat?

I am truly looking forward to anchoring out with Zee and listening to her stories. My 2nd sail is at Sailcare being refurbished, my heat exchanger has just been cleaned and powder coated and my leaking injector pump has hopefully been tightened enough that it's ok for now. My main boom car and traveler are being replaced at Garhaur, the arch and risers were removed, sandblasted and powder coated and i just got new goose neck parts for the main boom.
Now i've got to reinstall all these items in August so i can get out again and learn how to anchor.
Until then, I'm enjoying the heck out of being a Marina Queen. I've only in this game for 11 months and so far I'm loving it.
Zee, wait for us, I promise we're on our way
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:16   #122

Boat: Seafarer36c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtPitt View Post
l 11 months and so far I'm loving it.
Zee, wait for us, I promise we're on our way
I don't think anybody waits for anybody else but you never know when somebody might show up. It is so cool to come into a remote anchorage and see a friend.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:36   #123
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i will be in mazatlan repairing a while. will be able to meet all who visit.
and i know the best injector pump rebuilder and electrickerymen, so if ye need assist, it is around.
happy sails.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 06:27   #124

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I don't think anybody waits for anybody else but you never know when somebody might show up. It is so cool to come into a remote anchorage and see a friend.
I didn't mean to literally wait for us, just to keep cruising and we'll see you out there. So many on this forum have helped us get to where we are; from that 1st post of what kind of boat do i buy to refit and repair advice and it'll be cool to run into the nice helpful ones ( not the snarky ones ) when we're finally out on the water full time. Drinks will be on me.....not literally.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 06:32   #125
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtPitt View Post
I didn't mean to literally wait for us, just to keep cruising and we'll see you out there. So many on this forum have helped us get to where we are; from that 1st post of what kind of boat do i buy to refit and repair advice and it'll be cool to run into the nice helpful ones ( not the snarky ones ) when we're finally out on the water full time. Drinks will be on me.....not literally.
only thing i await is mechanicry electrickery and parts and wood and carpenters .....oh yeah and water letter outters
the rest can wait until i am not direly emergent.....ha ha ha ha yeah i wait until too late for repairs.
it was too much fun breaking the boat, now i gotta fix so i can break it again.....

as for meeting folks--it is interesting to meet and get to know some of the folks passing thru this lifestyle. many merely pass thru and others stay a while , travelling. the friendships are good ones. perhaps that is because of the transience of this lifestyle.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 23:18   #126

Boat: Sold Catalina 250
Re: I call BullS$!T on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockabout View Post
buy one with a scratch on it /Head not flushing/alternator not charging enough/solar panels over charging/anti foul gon off/dinghy grating on the davits/galley stove wont light/ the 3 cylinder Perkins motor in each hull work fine/auto bilge pumps only work on manual/sails have rust stains and old decals/anchor chain rusty /admiralty anchor fouling on most things forward /manual winch clunks/anemometer reads voltage/sonar only works on simulation/slightly used condition for 50.000 live on board while learning boat maintenance/and end up with a cruising cat thats been maintained and you have an idea on what to keep an eye on while learning to sail her

Is this where you start?
I am about to have a panic attack, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 02:50   #127

What you hate most in others is what you fear most in yourself
WHY would you care what the next person does
sartorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 04:20   #128
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorst View Post
What you hate most in others is what you fear most in yourself
WHY would you care what the next person does
That's why people are here, to save others

Tags
cal