LOL, oh, great. I picked a fine time to get clean and sober. And now I want to learn to sail??? I must be truly insane!!!!!!!
*evil/cackling laugh* BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....
..."came to believe a power greater than ourselves could restore me to sanity".
I feel restored everytime I set sail with one last look cast back at the insanity left behind.
__________________ "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
1. Try to make the boat go forward.
2. Don't hit anything.
3. Don't get too close to shore.
4. Sailboats heel over. It's okay. Supposed to do that.
5. When you raft up, have adult beverages to share. You will be liked.
6. Don't let your halyards slap in the marina.
7. Read The Annapolis Book of Seamanship.
1982 Catalina 25, #2897; SR/FK/Traditional; Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas.