I was told before, but it happened anyway: I bought a boat because I wanted to sail and it turns out sailing is not exactly what I have been able to do since then...Worse, the boat is about 1000nm south of where I will be grounded for the next month for (happy) family
I sailed her up from Singapore
to Kota Kinabalu with a pro I hired and thats where she is now (a 38ft Downeast cutter
1978 in OK condition). If I could I'd take off for a few weeks and sail her up the Philippine coast, but I cant...I guess a good time would be when the SE monsoon sets in tpo make it less of an uphill battle. I think it's a about a two week trip then, unless you want to take the scenic route
up the PH coast.
So what are the options: Have her delivered? Seems awfully expensive - hire three and pay for airfares and everything? Hmm. Wait until I can sail her up with crew? Thats going to be a long wait. Find someone who always wanted to sail the Philippines
? Unlikeley. Sell her? No way.
Ask Santa for a delivery
crew? Possible. Find someone who is needs a hike back to HK? not sure...