In addition to having an incredible library of real experiences by real cruisers, one of the really cool things about the SSCA is the Cruising Stations. The Cruising Station Hosts are there to help cruisers when they reach a destination
- Advance information about a port and its facilities
- Local maps and Port Guides
- Assistance in locating boat parts and services locally
- Potlucks, especially around holidays (though cruisers need no excuse to party!)
- Guest speakers and educational programs
- Gams and other get-togethers
- Internet access
- Social and cultural information and exchanges with local people
- Book exchanges
- Humanitarian projects and community involvement
Cruising Stations are available internationally as well as in the US.
We have had hosts give us the use of a car, a dock
, been invited to meals
and more as though we were long lost
friends. Not every host is like this of course, but they all embody the cooperative spirit of cruisers everywhere.