Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2015, 06:13   #136

Re: Sea Shepherd adding yet another to its fleet

I honestly don't understand why these Sea Sheppard threads are permitted at all. It is such an inherently political subject.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-01-2015, 06:53   #137

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
You say "management" i say tomato

Either way the FACT is they are NOT EXTINCT!

Seriously though all this thread is proving is there are a whole lot of people with very few facts to go by sprouting opinion as if it is fact fed by the likes of SS propaganda machine
Oh like most other threads.. Lol. Stay calm and move on..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-01-2015, 06:59   #138

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
I honestly don't understand why these Sea Sheppard threads are permitted at all. It is such an inherently political subject.

They continue because some like to excite others. And if they banned all the threads that people disagree with we would have none at all.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-01-2015, 07:38   #139
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Why do people arguing against Sea Shepard sound like Climate change deny-ers

And just how is the preservation of whales from a utterly superfluous whaling activity that the Japanese solely carry out " political".

as for

Quote:
Who gives SS the right to use force to achieve its means ? Vigilantism, thats all it is..
The right to use " force" has led to change all over the globe. I think the British called Geogre Washingtion a terrorist too. ( the terms have changed ) as Geogre III said

Quote:
“We are determined to listen to nothing from the illegal congress.”
Its all in what side you are on,

certainly he advocated the use of violence and even saw that ones intensions should be an excuse for ones actions

Quote:
A man's intentions should be allowed in some respects to plead for his actions.

The constant going on about ships propellors, ignores the issues that such vessel are travelling in packs and can help one another. Equally the tatic is somewhat superfluous, I don't believe they ever actually worked

One can wince at some of Paul watsons methods, but revolution was never brought about by just pasting up billboards
Old 29-01-2015, 08:49   #140

I am most certainly not a climate change denier, nor am I pro sealing or pro whaling. I won't even eat shrimp- because I think the farming methods are so twisted. But if Sea Sheppard wants to use an open forum for fundraising and recruitment, they have to be prepared to hear the other side of the storey.

Old 29-01-2015, 09:14   #141

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Paul Watson puts his ship and the lives of his crew at risk. He should not be given a new ship, he should be given a desk job.
Not even sure about a desk job.
Old 29-01-2015, 09:47   #142
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
I am most certainly not a climate change denier, nor am I pro sealing or pro whaling. I won't even eat shrimp- because I think the farming methods are so twisted. But if Sea Sheppard wants to use an open forum for fundraising and recruitment, they have to be prepared to hear the other side of the storey.

I don't have an issue with a debate, I do agree, that just lashing out at Sea Shepard or its supporters is not that.

Nor do I see people actively seeking support for Sea Sheopard, I support them, but Im not asking anyone here to support them
Old 29-01-2015, 10:29   #143

Who was lashing out? RC pressed me to expand on what were initially benign comments. When I expanded I was accused of making it all up, quite a claim coming from SS when all the evidence to my points was clearly present. I have nothing whatsoever against RC- she's a spirited debater, no doubt, she pressed for answers and got them, there was no lashing out.

The point that seems to be lost is that not every one believes SS is saving the oceans. Or even the whales for that matter. Greenpeace- by far the world's most effective environmental organisation has gone to considerable lengths to distance themselves. They do not believe common criminality furthers the cause.

SS criminal activity brings a ton of heat down on legitimate environmental organisations. They up the ante, where before law enforcement may have thrown there hands up in frustration at a little bit of good spirited passive resistance, now they paint with a broad brush. Treat them all like criminals because there is no easy way to tell the criminals from the legitimate environmentalists.

Whale wars has cheapned the process, it's bloody sensationalism, hollywood at its finest it reminds me of the WWF and there were always those kids in school who believed the charade was real. Then add on the fact the Watson and his cronies are a bunch of bumbling bafoons.

No, I don't think they bring anything to the cause, except for maybe debate.

Old 29-01-2015, 10:39   #144

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
Hey Guys, this is another example of what gets a thread shut down. Has little or nothing to do with sailing and has degenerated into a political argument that is getting personal. I am not the minder, I have just seen this kind of thing before.
Old 29-01-2015, 11:48   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Agree with their mission. Disagree with many of their methods. Ship is operated in a very unprofessional manner.
Actually, if you listen to them and some of their supporters it is never their fault.

They can endanger the other guys ships but when the Japenese defend themselves or retaliate they complain. Pretty funny actually.

I think Watson was just incompetent and on a slow boat. OTOH this Hammarstedt dude is downright scary. He looks like he will get someone killed and be happy about it.

Old 29-01-2015, 12:04   #146

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Thanks for the postings, but this nothing to do with sailing or cruising, and is degrading down to personal issues.

Thread closed.