Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2016, 03:20   #16

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)
Re: SCAM?

Rustic, this kind of Scam is used in Oz as well, exactly as described.
Just try to put something for sale on Gumtree, for $5k to $10k and see what happens.
I bet a bottle of beer that you get some invites (for a scam), mostly via text that ask you to respond via an email address in the text, not the email address of the ad.
I have not been caught, but it has come close a few times.

Dead give-aways are:
- poor grammar/command of English
- willing to pay full price or price you indicate
- text or email never describes item accurately, general descriptions are used (like in templates)
- unable to check item personally
- pickup is always 'promised' to be completed by 3rd party

If I am wrong, I will buy you a beer or two.
Old 26-03-2016, 03:30   #17

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankOnthewater View Post
Rustic, this kind of Scam is used in Oz as well, exactly as described.
Just try to put something for sale on Gumtree, for $5k to $10k and see what happens.
I bet a bottle of beer that you get some invites (for a scam), mostly via text that ask you to respond via an email address in the text, not the email address of the ad.
I have not been caught, but it has come close a few times.

Dead give-aways are:
- poor grammar/command of English
- willing to pay full price or price you indicate
- text or email never describes item accurately, general descriptions are used (like in templates)
- unable to check item personally
- pickup is always 'promised' to be completed by 3rd party

If I am wrong, I will buy you a beer or two.
If your right, ill buy you a beer that way we both win , and I am partial to Pure Blonde

I wasnt doubting the scam operates in Australia, but i can't see how it can work in Australia. Banks in Australia cannot 'clear' a cheque and then weeks later when it bounces take back the money. It's not lawful in our Australian banking system. if banks don't 'clear' a cheque with it's home bank, then the bank it self bares the financial loss.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 05:13   #18

Checks are disappearing everywhere including the USA. The last set of checks we got was over 3yrs ago and we have most of them still.

Blockchains are only one solution and if you are going outside the banking system (ie: bitcoin), they come with their own set of issues.

One option would be to take the check in and ask for it in cash. Then deposit the cash. Odds are they will tell you they won't hand over cash right away.

I'm pretty sure, you can't be charged a fee for a check you received but it bounced. You won't get the money but there shouldn't be a bounced check fee.

All said, this is clearly a scam.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 09:16   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Checks are disappearing everywhere including the USA. The last set of checks we got was over 3yrs ago and we have most of them still.

Blockchains are only one solution and if you are going outside the banking system (ie: bitcoin), they come with their own set of issues.

One option would be to take the check in and ask for it in cash. Then deposit the cash. Odds are they will tell you they won't hand over cash right away.

I'm pretty sure, you can't be charged a fee for a check you received but it bounced. You won't get the money but there shouldn't be a bounced check fee.

All said, this is clearly a scam.
You most definately will be chargd a fee in this country for a bounced cheque in this country. Both the sender and receiver will be charged a fee that varies from $25 to $45.

I don't see cheques dissapearing for a while yet as businesses still use cheques and whilst they remain legal tender they cant be refused for payment of accounts.

The best option for a situation like the OP's is to simply dont except cheques for payment at all. In our country what's called 'bank cheques' or a 'bank note' is a safe option and there is no waiting time.
Old 26-03-2016, 09:26   #20

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

I always tell them to send the check and then I tell them I deposited it when I really didn't. Then they keep asking me for the difference and I lead them on.

"Yes I wired you the difference. Didn't you get it? There must be a problem at Western Union. Oh dear. Try again"

And the FBI won't do nuttin. Won't even return your call so don't bother.
Old 26-03-2016, 23:15   #21

Boat: Lord Nelson 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabarzini View Post
Thank you everyone. Excellent. The check looked very real.
It's usually a stolen and washed check. I used to get calls like this all the time when I worked a regular beat. There's likely nothing the FBI or local PD will be able to do. Just rip it up, throw it away, and avoid all contact with those people.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Steve Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 00:49   #22

What I could never understand is if the person depositing such "bank check" and receiving at some point the proceeds, closes the account and walks away from that bank how is he still responsible for that check bouncing later on?

If the bank can go after him subsequent to such a bounce that means the "cashing" part was never a really such but just a loan advanced by the bank.

I understand that for obvious reasons the laws are mostly on the banks' side and not on the side of the victims of such scams but the check scams are just a tiny portion of the various bank accounts scams overall so at some point the consumers might want to press the lawmakers to start pushing the banks to do their due diligence and take some responsibility for declaring a check, transfer, credit, whatever, "cleared" and then reversing the charges.

I always come back to the situations involving stolen identities and the ease with which the scammers access the accounts. To me it means that the banks/credit companies did not do their job in verifying that it was actually the account holder who was accessing the account. And absent a proof of malfeasance by or a direction from the actual account holder I don't see a reason, other than hefty political contributions from the banking industry, that the legal onus and the risk of loss after such scam should be put on the account holder. Kind of like punishing a responsible gun owner whose weapon was obtained by fraud by the criminal and used in commission of a crime.

PS May be 30-40 years ago one could argue of the need for few days or weeks to "clear" a bank check. But with today's technology and speed of communications how long should it take for a US bank to "ping" a bank which purportedly issued that check to see if that particular check including the stated amount is legit? 30 seconds? 2 minutes? 30 minutes? And until that "ping" is answered in the affirmative if the bank disperses the "funds" the risk of loss should be on that bank. Under such system none of these scams would exist to begin with. Or the checks would disappear as too undesirable as instruments of payments.

PPS If PayPal can do a decent enough job of scammer protection/insurance I'm pretty certain so can the banks.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 05:42   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabarzini View Post
Thank you everyone. Excellent. The check looked very real.
The check looks real because it may very well BE real. Just because the check is real, though, that doesn't mean there is any money in the account to back it up.
denverd0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:15   #24

Boat: Privilege 435

As an experienced fraud detective and an expert in these type of scams, I can confirm what everyone is telling you; it is a scam.

Banks throughout the world have to operate on set timelines when it comes to cashing cheques. Most countries are around five working days for local cheques and seven working days for foreign cheques. However, banks have to clear cheques through clearing banks, it may be that a cheque has to clear through several banks before it gets to the originating bank.

There is readily-available software for people to make their own cheques for their own small independent company. Using a package like 'Versacheck', fraudsters can easily forge a cheque and send them out en masse to people advertising things for sale. Most of the time, your bank will confirm it as a fraud within the time limits but very often the cheque hasn't done the rounds and the money clears into your account. What most people don't realize is that this doesn't mean that you have the money. A cheque is simply a promissory note to pay the amount written thereon.

What happens next? When you tell the fraudster that the cheque has cleared he will make up a sob story about his mother dying or the pet budgie being gravely ill. He tells you that he can no longer buy the boat but that if you return the money to him (via an untraceable Western Union transfer), you can keep 25% (or so) for your troubles. You think to yourself that this is fair, you give him some of his money back and then a week later the cheque bounces because it's a forgery and your account goes overdrawn.

Often fraudsters will buy things that are easy to ship. If you advertise a Rolex online I would put money on you receiving one of these scams. These scams are even better because once the cheque clears, you ship the Rolex, and you return the extra funds that he accidentally sent you which was supposed to have been for import duty and taxes.

Go ahead and play with him by telling him the cheque has cleared; see what happens. (He is using an untraceable email anyway...Google, Yahoo etc...). Don't put the cheque into your account, your bank will get upset with you even if you forewarn them and you may well get your account closed.

I could bore you for hours.
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:32   #25
Cat Cruiser

Community Sponsor

An absolute scam. We get 1-2 of these a week. Generally the email contains some form of how they'd like to 'urgently' wrap up the transaction/ receive product etc.

Hybrid Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:40   #26

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark

When I get one of these offers I always tell them, yes, send the check! I also always give them a bogus address. If you try to scam me, it will, at the very least, cost you your time and postage.

My brother fell for it back when he was 18 or so. He cashed the check, got all the way to the step where he wired the money. Western union flagged the wires, called the house to verify them. He got all the money back and gave it back to the bank.

Sent from my XT1080 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 28-03-2016, 08:12   #27

So deposit the check, tell them it cleared, then wait for them to ask you to send some, or all, back. Tell them, glad to! I will send you a check, just like you sent me. They will insist on a wire transfer. Nope. You sent me a check, I am sending you a check.

Then tell them, okay, you will wire the money, but only if they send another check for the wire transfer fee. When you get it, tell them you changed your mind and you are just going to send them a check for everything.

In other words, dick with them for a little while. It can be fun! The last thing that they want to do is waste time and effort on someone who isn't going to fall for the scam. So get them to waste as much time and effort on you as you possibly can.
denverd0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 08:36   #28

Boat: Privilege 435

I received one of these similar scam attempts a good few years back. He was sending me a cheque to deposit into my account the same as the OP.

I was bored at work do I decided to mess with him for a while just to fuel my twisted sense of humor. I subsequently pasted the emails in reverse order so that they can be read from the top down. It's a long read but quite funny.

I am David. He is Stanley. (Please excuse my purposely poor grammar).

Hello David,
> > >
> > > Please check your postal box is also likely you receive the first 9000
> > > pounds that was sent today.
> > >
> > > I await to hear from you as soon as possible.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Daniel
> > > P.S Whats the soup today?

David wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > I have checked UPS web-site and your package seems to be stuck in KY in the U.S Can you chase it up and
> > see what has happened to it. I am waiting for it.

> Hello David,
> >
> > I will try and make contact to know why the delay.But meanwhile try and
> > check your postal box to see if the other check has arrive.
> >
> > Regards
> > Daniel
> >

> David <dgeraghty@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Stanley.
>
> I look forward to receiving the cheque this week. I have a concern though. You just sent me an email and didn't use the code word that I insisted on; 'What's the soup today'. I am worried because last time we didn't use the code word someone else emailed me who said they were you but it wasn't you and I sent them the money which was for you.
> I want to make sure that I send the money to the right person so I want to change the code-word. My business partner is Mr. Miehoff and I have decided that we should use his name as the new code word. I am a Godly man and I have grown to trust you. I hope that you can trust me. In future, all of your emails must have the name Mr. Jack Miehoff. Please make sure that you put the exact words, Mr. Jack Miehoff in all of your emails. I hope this is O.K.
>
> Also, I have recently received a lot of money ($92,000.00) and I need to move it out of my bank account here in Bermuda. The reason is that my wife and I have split up and I don't want her to know that I have so much money. I need to put this in an account outside Bermuda that is not in my name. do you know of an account where I can keep this money? It will only be for a few months and I will be happy to pay the person to use their account.
>
> My wife and I split up because of an argument. When we started dating she had two young sons named Amal and Juan. They are identical twins but she gave them up for adoption when they were only three months old. Now, six years later she has been trying to find them. She found Juan but can't find Amal. Because they are identical, I told her that if you've seen Juan you've seen Amal but she is not happy with that and has been spending all of my money trying to find him. I hope that you understand.>
> I need to move this money urgently. Please get back to me as soon as
> you can.
> God bless you,
> Your friend,>
> David.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:49:11 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
<danielstanley_3@yahoo.co.uk> said:
>
> Hello Mr David,
>
> I would be so glad to help you out.but i want to know what % will you
> give the person that would provide you the account for the transfer and
> how long will you take back the money,and when will you want to
> transfer the money?
>
> Let me have answer to these question soonest so that we get started.
>
> Regards
> Daniel - Mr. Jack Miehoff

Dear Mr. Stanley,

It is great to hear from you and I hope that you and your family are
well. I am so happy that you might be able to help me to find somewhere
to hide my money. It will be for about two months until I can get some
relief from my wife. So if you can give me a hand to get some relief that would be
goood.

I would be willing to give 5% to the person who would look after my
money. By the time I am ready to send it, the amount will be
$100,000.00 so 5% would be exactly $5,254.16. Do you think that is fair or should I give more? I must be sure that this money is secure and that I can get it back as soon as I need it.

I will be ready to send it by the New Year but the bank will be closed
so either I do it tomorrow or it will have to be next week. Should I
send it tomorrow or should I wait until I get the two cheques you have
sent me?
Please let me know as soon as possible as I need to be relieved very
soon.

Yours, Always

Jack Miehoff.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:22:52 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello Mr David,
>
> There is no problem about the safety of the money my friend is very
> trustworthy.i have known him for many years and we have done business
> worth huge amount and he has also remain steadfast.
>
> About the money you will give him no problem he would take it because i
> told him also that you are a friend and also a business partner.so he
> said no problem with the amount.
>
> You can transfer the money tomorrow if you can it would be better
> before the year ends.
>
> You will split the money into two and send with these two bank account
> below:
>
> Account name:- FRANCIS PAUL
> account number:- 2090 0130 81 0080026884
> bank name :- CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRANEO ( CAM)
> bank address:- CALLE MAYOR 105, EL PALMAR 30120
> Iban :- ES70 2090 0130 8100 8002 6884
> swift code:- CAAMES2A
>
> .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
> Account Name:- FRANCIS
> Acount surname:- PAUL
> Account number:- 2100 2786 02 2000040053
> bank name:- LA CAIXA
> Bank Address:- CALLE SAGASTA 18, 30005 MURCIA - SPAIN
> Iban:- ES39 2100 2786 0220 0004 0053
> Swift Code:- CAIXESBB
>
>
> So send the transfer slip through scan to my email immediately you
> transfer the money tomorrow.
>
> I await your reply soonest.
>
> Regards
> Jack Miehoff

David <dgeraghty@fastmail.fm> wrote:
Dear Mr. Stanley,

I will send the money tomorrow. Shall I send it in Euros, Pounds,
Dollars or Fajitas? What money do they use in Spanish? I Have not been there.

Jack Meihoff.

Hello David,
send it in euros or dollars.i will wait for the confirmation tomorrow.
Regards
Jack Meihoff

Dear Mr. Stanley,

I will send the money tomorrow. Bermuda is five hours behind Spain. I
will ask my secretary; Patricia Mieas to send the money in the morning. She is a woman of God and I know that I can trust her with everything. If she cannot get to the bank in the morning, I will send the money at lunchtime, but that will be after 5.00pm in Spain.

If you reply to me to let me know if this is O.K, please include my
secretary in the email. If she doesn't see her name on the top line of
the email she won't read it as she will think it is just for me.

At the top of the email, put; 'To Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas'.

I will let you know tomorrow when the money has been sent.

Yours,

Always Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas.

> > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:03:16 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > said:
> > > 'To Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas'
> > >
> > > There is no problem is okay.But let me have the transfer slips after
> > > the transfer to the two accounts as i told you to split the money.
> > >
> > > Till i hear from you soonest.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Jack Miehoff

> > David wrote:
> > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> >
> > I went to the bank today to transfer the money to the accounts that you said but there is a problem. The bank said that they could not do the
> > transfer because of something called 'Know your Customer'. The lady at the bank said that I should be careful about sending
> > all of my money to Spain as some accounts there are not very trustworthy. She said that she would still send the money if I really wanted to and I said that I did want to and that I could prove that you
> > were a friend of mine. She says that if I can bring a photo of you she will send the money today.
> >
> > Will you be able to send me a photograph today? The wire transfer is all ready to go.
> > I hope to hear from you soon.
> >
> > David.

> > > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:49:49 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > > said:
> > > > Hello David,
> > > >
> > > > It is your money.if you really want to transfer it nobody has the right
> > > > to ask you what you want to do with it.moreover my friend is a
> > > > goverment man and wouldnt like to be involve by sending his picture.he
> > > > is rich $5000 is nothing to him,he just want to help.
> > > >
> > > > So forget about it.okay
> > > >
> > > > Let me know when you receive the cheque.which i think you should get
> > > > the first one by now.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Daniel
> > > >
> > > > Jack Miehoff

David wrote:
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > Sorry again to have messed things up with the bank. I am not used to
> > > lying.
> > >
> > > I received the cheque for $9,000 today. What should I do with it?
> > >
> > > The banks are now closed until Tuesday.

> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:53:54 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > said:
> > > Hello David,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the receipt of the check.is it $9000 or 9000 pounds.i
> > > believe it is suppose to be 9000 pounds.let me know.
> > >
> > > Also how long will you bank cash it?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Daniel

> > David wrote:
> > It is 9,000 pounds. I am not sure ‘how long my bank’ cash it but it is very long. It run from the corner of Reid Street all the way to the other side of the car park.

NOT AN EMAIL SENT TO DANIEL STANLEY…
But in the mean time, I have sent a report to Spain via the International Police INTERPOL. Hopefully his account will be suspended in the near future and he will therefore be unable to receive wires…

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:41:33 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> said:
> > Hello David,
> > I tried calling you yesterday on phone you picked the phone and you cut
> > in on me.why?
> >
> > Well what is the status of the cheque?
> >
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Regards
> > Daniel
> > Jack Miehoff

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:57:28 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> What is the update on the cheque?You said it will take a few days to
> clear.
>
> Regards
> Daniel
>
> Jack Miehoff

Hello David,
You will take 900 pounds which is your commission and wire 8100 pounds you will deduct the transfer charges from the 8100 pounds.
This is the account info for transfer below:
Account name:- FRANCIS PAUL
account number:- 2090 0130 81 0080026884
bank name :- CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRANEO ( CAM)
bank address:- CALLE MAYOR 105, EL PALMAR 30120 SPAIN
Iban :- ES70 2090 0130 8100 8002 6884
swift code:- CAAMES2A

Please i need the transfer slip confirmation scan and send to me immediately you transfer.
I await to hear from you soonest.
Regards
Daniel
Jack Miehoff

Hello Daniel,

I have sent a fax to my long bank and have told them to send 8100 pounds to your account in France as instructed.

They said it was 3.50pm and because of daylight savings time they are not sure if the money would go through on tonight or on Monday morning because it is almost Saturday in Europe. They said that it takes a few hours to send a wire and that they do not work over the weekend. (They are very lazy in Bermuda and they should get a proper job like you and me).

Because i sent a fax instruction, I do not have the bank advice slip that you wanted. I will get this first thing on Monday morning and send it to you.

I hope that you have a good weekend. I am going to spend my 900 pounds on my girlfriend. She is mad at me because she caught me with a tranny named Clive who I met at church so I have to buy her some jewellry and make her happy again. She says that if I don't divorce my wife soon she is going to take a knife to Little John, but I don't know who Little John is and I don't know what he has done to upset her. Glad I'm not in his shoes.

Have a good weekend my friend and I will speak to you soon.

David

+0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> What is the update on the cheque? I have not got it. > Regards
> Daniel

David wrote:
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > I hope that it is you that I am speaking to and not someone else > > > > > > because you didn’t use the code word in your last email. > > >
> > > Because it might not be you we have to change the password again > > > just to be safe. If it is not you, please don’t use the new password. Please > > > use the old password so I know that it is not you.

> > > The new password is the name of the company accountant; Mr. Heir. > > > His first name is Paulmei. If you write to me and I am not in the office. > > > The same as before use my secretary’s name and the new password. > > > So you will need to write ‘Pat Mieass and Paulmie Heir’

> > >David.

@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> Sorry I forgot the password but this is me. What is the update on the wire? I have not got it.
> Regards
> Daniel

Pat Miess and Paulmie Heir

THEN I GOT BORED……………..
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > Thank you so much for trusting me but I have decided that I am going > > > to keep all of the money which you sent to me. When I cashed your > > > first cheque I spent it on hookers and drugs. I enjoyed myself so much > > > that I have decided to become a drug addict and have sex constantly with loose and wanton strangers. I wish you luck in your future ventures. Your intellect and business aptitude is matched only by your impressive command of the English language and I have no doubt that your enviable ability has been honed to the sharpness of a bowling ball with the constant abrasiveness of your cutting wit.

Good luck.

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:23:22 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:

> Mr. David,
> You are dishonest and I do know why I trusted you. You say that you are a man of >God but you are not.
> Do not email me any more.

Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 16:04   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privilege View Post
However, banks have to clear cheques through clearing banks, it may be that a cheque has to clear through several banks before it gets to the originating bank.
This is what amazes me. Have these people not heard of computers? Even if there were 100 banks in the chain, it would be trivial to "pre-clear" a check as funds-available in under a second if they were using 1990's technology. What the heck is going on in banking that this takes days or weeks?
RainDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 16:13   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privilege View Post
I received one of these similar scam attempts a good few years back. He was sending me a cheque to deposit into my account the same as the OP.

I was bored at work do I decided to mess with him for a while just to fuel my twisted sense of humor. I subsequently pasted the emails in reverse order so that they can be read from the top down. It's a long read but quite funny.

I am David. He is Stanley. (Please excuse my purposely poor grammar).

Hello David,
> > >
> > > Please check your postal box is also likely you receive the first 9000
> > > pounds that was sent today.
> > >
> > > I await to hear from you as soon as possible.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Daniel
> > > P.S Whats the soup today?

David wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > I have checked UPS web-site and your package seems to be stuck in KY in the U.S Can you chase it up and
> > see what has happened to it. I am waiting for it.

> Hello David,
> >
> > I will try and make contact to know why the delay.But meanwhile try and
> > check your postal box to see if the other check has arrive.
> >
> > Regards
> > Daniel
> >

> David <dgeraghty@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Stanley.
>
> I look forward to receiving the cheque this week. I have a concern though. You just sent me an email and didn't use the code word that I insisted on; 'What's the soup today'. I am worried because last time we didn't use the code word someone else emailed me who said they were you but it wasn't you and I sent them the money which was for you.
> I want to make sure that I send the money to the right person so I want to change the code-word. My business partner is Mr. Miehoff and I have decided that we should use his name as the new code word. I am a Godly man and I have grown to trust you. I hope that you can trust me. In future, all of your emails must have the name Mr. Jack Miehoff. Please make sure that you put the exact words, Mr. Jack Miehoff in all of your emails. I hope this is O.K.
>
> Also, I have recently received a lot of money ($92,000.00) and I need to move it out of my bank account here in Bermuda. The reason is that my wife and I have split up and I don't want her to know that I have so much money. I need to put this in an account outside Bermuda that is not in my name. do you know of an account where I can keep this money? It will only be for a few months and I will be happy to pay the person to use their account.
>
> My wife and I split up because of an argument. When we started dating she had two young sons named Amal and Juan. They are identical twins but she gave them up for adoption when they were only three months old. Now, six years later she has been trying to find them. She found Juan but can't find Amal. Because they are identical, I told her that if you've seen Juan you've seen Amal but she is not happy with that and has been spending all of my money trying to find him. I hope that you understand.>
> I need to move this money urgently. Please get back to me as soon as
> you can.
> God bless you,
> Your friend,>
> David.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:49:11 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
<danielstanley_3@yahoo.co.uk> said:
>
> Hello Mr David,
>
> I would be so glad to help you out.but i want to know what % will you
> give the person that would provide you the account for the transfer and
> how long will you take back the money,and when will you want to
> transfer the money?
>
> Let me have answer to these question soonest so that we get started.
>
> Regards
> Daniel - Mr. Jack Miehoff

Dear Mr. Stanley,

It is great to hear from you and I hope that you and your family are
well. I am so happy that you might be able to help me to find somewhere
to hide my money. It will be for about two months until I can get some
relief from my wife. So if you can give me a hand to get some relief that would be
goood.

I would be willing to give 5% to the person who would look after my
money. By the time I am ready to send it, the amount will be
$100,000.00 so 5% would be exactly $5,254.16. Do you think that is fair or should I give more? I must be sure that this money is secure and that I can get it back as soon as I need it.

I will be ready to send it by the New Year but the bank will be closed
so either I do it tomorrow or it will have to be next week. Should I
send it tomorrow or should I wait until I get the two cheques you have
sent me?
Please let me know as soon as possible as I need to be relieved very
soon.

Yours, Always

Jack Miehoff.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:22:52 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello Mr David,
>
> There is no problem about the safety of the money my friend is very
> trustworthy.i have known him for many years and we have done business
> worth huge amount and he has also remain steadfast.
>
> About the money you will give him no problem he would take it because i
> told him also that you are a friend and also a business partner.so he
> said no problem with the amount.
>
> You can transfer the money tomorrow if you can it would be better
> before the year ends.
>
> You will split the money into two and send with these two bank account
> below:
>
> Account name:- FRANCIS PAUL
> account number:- 2090 0130 81 0080026884
> bank name :- CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRANEO ( CAM)
> bank address:- CALLE MAYOR 105, EL PALMAR 30120
> Iban :- ES70 2090 0130 8100 8002 6884
> swift code:- CAAMES2A
>
> .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
> Account Name:- FRANCIS
> Acount surname:- PAUL
> Account number:- 2100 2786 02 2000040053
> bank name:- LA CAIXA
> Bank Address:- CALLE SAGASTA 18, 30005 MURCIA - SPAIN
> Iban:- ES39 2100 2786 0220 0004 0053
> Swift Code:- CAIXESBB
>
>
> So send the transfer slip through scan to my email immediately you
> transfer the money tomorrow.
>
> I await your reply soonest.
>
> Regards
> Jack Miehoff

David <dgeraghty@fastmail.fm> wrote:
Dear Mr. Stanley,

I will send the money tomorrow. Shall I send it in Euros, Pounds,
Dollars or Fajitas? What money do they use in Spanish? I Have not been there.

Jack Meihoff.

Hello David,
send it in euros or dollars.i will wait for the confirmation tomorrow.
Regards
Jack Meihoff

Dear Mr. Stanley,

I will send the money tomorrow. Bermuda is five hours behind Spain. I
will ask my secretary; Patricia Mieas to send the money in the morning. She is a woman of God and I know that I can trust her with everything. If she cannot get to the bank in the morning, I will send the money at lunchtime, but that will be after 5.00pm in Spain.

If you reply to me to let me know if this is O.K, please include my
secretary in the email. If she doesn't see her name on the top line of
the email she won't read it as she will think it is just for me.

At the top of the email, put; 'To Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas'.
I will let you know tomorrow when the money has been sent.

Yours,

Always Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas.

> > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:03:16 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > said:
> > > 'To Jack Miehoff and Pat Mieas'
> > >
> > > There is no problem is okay.But let me have the transfer slips after
> > > the transfer to the two accounts as i told you to split the money.
> > >
> > > Till i hear from you soonest.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Jack Miehoff

> > David wrote:
> > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> >
> > I went to the bank today to transfer the money to the accounts that you said but there is a problem. The bank said that they could not do the
> > transfer because of something called 'Know your Customer'. The lady at the bank said that I should be careful about sending
> > all of my money to Spain as some accounts there are not very trustworthy. She said that she would still send the money if I really wanted to and I said that I did want to and that I could prove that you
> > were a friend of mine. She says that if I can bring a photo of you she will send the money today.
> >
> > Will you be able to send me a photograph today? The wire transfer is all ready to go.
> > I hope to hear from you soon.
> >
> > David.

> > > On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:49:49 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > > said:
> > > > Hello David,
> > > >
> > > > It is your money.if you really want to transfer it nobody has the right
> > > > to ask you what you want to do with it.moreover my friend is a
> > > > goverment man and wouldnt like to be involve by sending his picture.he
> > > > is rich $5000 is nothing to him,he just want to help.
> > > >
> > > > So forget about it.okay
> > > >
> > > > Let me know when you receive the cheque.which i think you should get
> > > > the first one by now.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Daniel
> > > >
> > > > Jack Miehoff

David wrote:
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > Sorry again to have messed things up with the bank. I am not used to
> > > lying.
> > >
> > > I received the cheque for $9,000 today. What should I do with it?
> > >
> > > The banks are now closed until Tuesday.

> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:53:54 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> > said:
> > > Hello David,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the receipt of the check.is it $9000 or 9000 pounds.i
> > > believe it is suppose to be 9000 pounds.let me know.
> > >
> > > Also how long will you bank cash it?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Daniel

> > David wrote:
> > It is 9,000 pounds. I am not sure ‘how long my bank’ cash it but it is very long. It run from the corner of Reid Street all the way to the other side of the car park.

NOT AN EMAIL SENT TO DANIEL STANLEY…
But in the mean time, I have sent a report to Spain via the International Police INTERPOL. Hopefully his account will be suspended in the near future and he will therefore be unable to receive wires…

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:41:33 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
> said:
> > Hello David,
> > I tried calling you yesterday on phone you picked the phone and you cut
> > in on me.why?
> >
> > Well what is the status of the cheque?
> >
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Regards
> > Daniel
> > Jack Miehoff

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:57:28 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> What is the update on the cheque?You said it will take a few days to
> clear.
>
> Regards
> Daniel
>
> Jack Miehoff
Hello David,
You will take 900 pounds which is your commission and wire 8100 pounds you will deduct the transfer charges from the 8100 pounds.
This is the account info for transfer below:
Account name:- FRANCIS PAUL
account number:- 2090 0130 81 0080026884
bank name :- CAJA DE AHORROS DEL MEDITERRANEO ( CAM)
bank address:- CALLE MAYOR 105, EL PALMAR 30120 SPAIN
Iban :- ES70 2090 0130 8100 8002 6884
swift code:- CAAMES2A
Please i need the transfer slip confirmation scan and send to me immediately you transfer.
I await to hear from you soonest.
Regards
Daniel
Jack Miehoff

Hello Daniel,

I have sent a fax to my long bank and have told them to send 8100 pounds to your account in France as instructed.

They said it was 3.50pm and because of daylight savings time they are not sure if the money would go through on tonight or on Monday morning because it is almost Saturday in Europe. They said that it takes a few hours to send a wire and that they do not work over the weekend. (They are very lazy in Bermuda and they should get a proper job like you and me).

Because i sent a fax instruction, I do not have the bank advice slip that you wanted. I will get this first thing on Monday morning and send it to you.

I hope that you have a good weekend. I am going to spend my 900 pounds on my girlfriend. She is mad at me because she caught me with a tranny named Clive who I met at church so I have to buy her some jewellry and make her happy again. She says that if I don't divorce my wife soon she is going to take a knife to Little John, but I don't know who Little John is and I don't know what he has done to upset her. Glad I'm not in his shoes.

Have a good weekend my friend and I will speak to you soon.

David

@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> What is the update on the cheque? I have not got it. > Regards
> Daniel
David wrote:
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > I hope that it is you that I am speaking to and not someone else > > > > > > because you didn’t use the code word in your last email. > > >
> > > Because it might not be you we have to change the password again > > > just to be safe. If it is not you, please don’t use the new password. Please > > > use the old password so I know that it is not you.
> > > The new password is the name of the company accountant; Mr. Heir. > > > His first name is Paulmei. If you write to me and I am not in the office. > > > The same as before use my secretary’s name and the new password. > > > So you will need to write ‘Pat Mieass and Paulmie Heir’

> > >David.

@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:
> Hello David,
>
> Sorry I forgot the password but this is me. What is the update on the wire? I have not got it.
> Regards
> Daniel
Pat Miess and Paulmie Heir

THEN I GOT BORED……………..
> > > Dear Mr. Stanley,
> > >
> > > Thank you so much for trusting me but I have decided that I am going > > > to keep all of the money which you sent to me. When I cashed your > > > first cheque I spent it on hookers and drugs. I enjoyed myself so much > > > that I have decided to become a drug addict and have sex constantly with loose and wanton strangers. I wish you luck in your future ventures. Your intellect and business aptitude is matched only by your impressive command of the English language and I have no doubt that your enviable ability has been honed to the sharpness of a bowling ball with the constant abrasiveness of your cutting wit.

Good luck.

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:23:22 +0000 (GMT), "Daniel Stanley"
@YAHOO.CO.UK>said:

> Mr. David,
> You are dishonest and I do know why I trusted you. You say that you are a man of >God but you are not.
> Do not email me any more.

that made me laugh, I had people in my office asking what I'm reading.