Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2011, 09:12   #1

Boat: Bayfield B25. 23 ft plus the bowsprit
Salvage Boat

Looking at a 30 foot beneteau that sank during Katrina motor and transmo rebuilt electrical problems of course. Lights and instruments are problematic. Hulll is solid
Sails not original but serviceable needs standing rigging and lifelines and a rewire. Frig,propane stove, removed but there,new macerate pump not installed. Most of the stuff that's broke ,,,I never had any way..
Thoughts/opinions appreciated
Keith in Biloxi
Canoso1751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 11:39   #2
jzk

Re: Salvage boat

Sounds like the makings of a nice deal. Just be sure that the price reflects the issues that you could encounter...
jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 12:45   #3

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

What year, what would it be worth fixed? Electrical can be a PITA replacing everything with proper wire etc, Standing rigging, were tanks cleaned , flushed? Any hidden mold issues? Think of what it would realisticaly cost to fix and get functional, the stuff that doesnt work that you can live without can still be a an issue, on resale and causing other issues. is there proof of rebuild not just pickle and cleaning? Also are you checking for moisture issues in the deck and any cored areas?
Think of what total costs are then double it. Then think about market value and deduct 30% ( hey it was a katrina boat prolly cost a few 100. dollars) So IMHO ( for what its worth ) Unless the boat is very new, and very nice, or VERY very cheap. I would be cautious
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 12:59   #4

Boat: Bayfield B25. 23 ft plus the bowsprit

Good points all ,,but this is the guy that owned the boat when she sank, he was second owner. If this is true , and he was repairing the for himself , it changes the picture a lot ,,,,to me anyway.
The boat is a 93,,,,I am waiting on all the paperwork he has on the repairs he made. He is leaving the area because of family issues and is tired of working on it, is the story I have.
Canoso1751 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salvage