Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2016, 18:47   #16

Re: Robbed in Nassau

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain mitch View Post
The security staff was of no use, I finally found the security guard napping behind a wall.
That guy is always napping! We were there a few years and he was either behind his laptop playing or something or napping.
Antilag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 19:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
Spending the rest of your life in a Bahamian prison makes you a victim, not a survivor, in my book.
Like I said guys, Do what you can consciously deal with. Don't play the basher on me. My decision would be to handle it in my way. You can handle it your way if it happens to you. I pray it never does for anyone.
PortHoleDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:45   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 44i SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortHoleDiver View Post
Like I said guys, Do what you can consciously deal with. Don't play the basher on me. My decision would be to handle it in my way. You can handle it your way if it happens to you. I pray it never does for anyone.
I completely agree with one minor difference. They would "not be wounded" There would only be one story being told to the authorities and that would be mine.

If they are a thief, they are also a liar and would make all kinds of false claims about how they met you on the street and you invited them on board later or how you attacked them or somehow they were the victim. Come into my home, onto my boat as in breaking and entering and as far as I am concerned my life is in danger and I want that person dead.
l2ridehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:55   #19

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
I wonder if that British guy who was murdered in his boat in Nassau last year only thought he only had to worry about sneak thieves. That's the problem with criminals, they don't tell in advance who you are dealing with.
That case was very different from the usual boat boardings. The victim was not a cruiser and it was not in Nassau harbour. There are peculiar circumstances in that murder.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 03-02-2016, 04:58   #20
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Robbed in Nassau

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I completely agree with one minor difference. They would "not be wounded" There would only be one story being told to the authorities and that would be mine.

If they are a thief, they are also a liar and would make all kinds of false claims about how they met you on the street and you invited them on board later or how you attacked them or somehow they were the victim. Come into my home, onto my boat as in breaking and entering and as far as I am concerned my life is in danger and I want that person dead.
Damn... even Sharia Law only demands the right hand of a man caught stealing..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:18   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
Spending the rest of your life in a Bahamian prison makes you a victim, not a survivor, in my book.
I wonder how the food is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Dang... There goes one handed web surfing...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:21   #22

Boat: Nothing large at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortHoleDiver View Post
I agree, I would not have put pants on. I would have pulled the trigger first and dressed as I called the police with the suspect dead or wounded on the boat. I am an LEO of 20years and it's in the training. NO ONE is getting in my salon without meeting my H&K.
You can not imagine how much trouble you would have been in had you done the above! Google Fox Hill Prison.
Tingum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:27   #23

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Thats because they want you to have to eat with the same hand that you wipe with. See killing them is more humane than having to eat with a poopy hand. In actuality he would be doing him a faovr by killing him
Old 03-02-2016, 05:27   #24
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

shiney boats with swim steps and sugar scoops attract rats.
try making your access less easy. what is easy for you and yours is also easy for the thieves .
do not exhibit your wealth.
donot sleep open in a danger zone.
danger zones are areas located near impoverished nations. venezuela, and much of caribbean has become impoverished ... be aware.
pride goeth before a fall.
do not show such pride in items you own.
donot let down your guard.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:39   #25
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
Thats because they want you to have to eat with the same hand that you wipe with. See killing them is more humane than having to eat with a poopy hand. In actuality he would be doing him a faovr by killing him
Naah.. they'll just buy a spoon..

Old 03-02-2016, 05:40   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
I'm bringing my own fork when I visit....

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:44   #27
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum View Post
You can not imagine how much trouble you would have been in had you done the above! Google Fox Hill Prison.
Indeed.

“... The deplorable inhumane conditions coupled with the everyday victimization of inmates at Her Majesty’s Prison, Fox Hill Bahamas are the worst in the world...
... At Her Majesty’s Prison, inmates are deprived of all humane living facilities. Remanded and sentenced inmates consume food that is unfit for animals – slopped oatmeal or bologna cooked in tomato paste or ketchup and served with grits or bread act as breakfast while lunch constitutes high blood pressure and diabetes served in a bowl with dinner being a piece of bread with cheese and tea and on all occasions served in one’s hand and not on a plate. Of course there is commissary which sells noodles however, hot water is something that an inmate must purchase from another inmate in the kitchen, known as the Trustee. There is no warm or hot water for bathing at any time and water for usage must be stored in filthy barrels...”

https://drdmqjohnson.wordpress.com/2...-hill-bahamas/

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:49   #28
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)

Surprised that a 20 year LEO doesn't know what happens when you kill someone who is unarmed and is not clearly threatening your life. Most countries don't have the death penalty for ransacking a shaving kit or stealing a surfboard. You're not a LEO in the Bahamas, you're a foreigner who just murdered a citizen of that country. And you can bet that the citizen you just killed has a lot of relatives in the system that will be judging you. It would be a pretty quick trial. You'll be in jail for a very long time.

And no matter how the legal repercussions go, taking another's life has a lifelong effect on a normal person. And that one never goes away, no matter how tough and blustery and justified you might have thought you were. Pleasant dreams. You'll be reliving it forever.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:50   #29
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Indeed.

“... The deplorable inhumane conditions coupled with the everyday victimization of inmates at Her Majesty’s Prison, Fox Hill Bahamas are the worst in the world...
... At Her Majesty’s Prison, inmates are deprived of all humane living facilities. Remanded and sentenced inmates consume food that is unfit for animals – slopped oatmeal or bologna cooked in tomato paste or ketchup and served with grits or bread act as breakfast while lunch constitutes high blood pressure and diabetes served in a bowl with dinner being a piece of bread with cheese and tea and on all occasions served in one’s hand and not on a plate. Of course there is commissary which sells noodles however, hot water is something that an inmate must purchase from another inmate in the kitchen, known as the Trustee. There is no warm or hot water for bathing at any time and water for usage must be stored in filthy barrels...”

https://drdmqjohnson.wordpress.com/2...-hill-bahamas/
Sounds like RNDQ's, Pompey in the 60's.. without the solitary..

Old 03-02-2016, 12:00   #30

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Perhaps only those on this Forum who are former military with combat experience can truly say how they will respond to a violent attack or boarding. Verbal bravado is no indication of how one responds to a potential life/death situation. In the passion of the moment, one's fight or flight response engages automatically. It is a primal response and is really out of your control. Perhaps that's what happened to the couple on the beach,recently(Murder in Grenada), where the wife was murdered and the man "ran" for help. One can never truly avoid violence in life, but one can attempt to circumvent its potential by one's choices. If an area is becoming unsafe by credible reports of violence, avoid it. It's important to continually evaluate your reason for cruising. Good luck and safe sailing.

Tags
bed, nassau