Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2014, 08:42   #16

Re: Rise in global crime and violence

Living in fear is not living. Recognize that no matter where you are you must look out for yourself and not put yourself in harms way, this should be normal behavior. Unfortunately I pity the upcoming generation raised by fearful parents (some on this site) that don't have any street smarts at all.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:19   #17

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
Living in fear is not living. Recognize that no matter where you are you must look out for yourself and not put yourself in harms way, this should be normal behavior.
Well said Robert. If you want to be scared, there is plenty in the world to be fearful of. There is no need to make stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
...In that case, im gonna stick my head back up my ass and see y'all same time next year for another update.

In the mean time folks, y'all have a good time, calm seas, fair winds, keep your ammo dry (or not if your a liberal wannabe victim), tight lines, keep calm and carry on cruising.
I'm going to assume this was a poor attempt at humour Anjou.

By all measurable standards, most global crime rates appear to be on the decline. That was the query you posed. You seem to disagree, so perhaps you could provide alternative data. Or perhaps you should pull your head back out of your ass and refine your query to look at more specific areas of the globe. People don't cruise globally, they cruise locally. Some areas are getting worse, most are not. The Caribbean and South America, for example, are two areas with high or rising homicide rates. Given that these regions attract a lot of cruisers, a focused look at these areas might be useful.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:58   #18

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Rise in populations = rise in crimes..
Castrate them and kill off the gene pool...
Soylent Green was a documentary from the future to some of us.
Can't sail? Read about our travels at https://alchemyonpassage.blogspot.com/. Can't sleep? Read www.alchemy2009.blogspot.com for fast relief. Can't read? Avoid www.volumesofsalt.blogspot.com, because it's just personal reviews of sea books.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:58   #19
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Rise in global crime and violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OReilly View Post
Well said Robert. If you want to be scared, there is plenty in the world to be fearful of. There is no need to make stuff up.

I'm going to assume this was a poor attempt at humour Anjou.

By all measurable standards, most global crime rates appear to be on the decline. That was the query you posed. You seem to disagree, so perhaps you could provide alternative data. Or perhaps you should pull your head back out of your ass and refine your query to look at more specific areas of the globe. People don't cruise globally, they cruise locally. Some areas are getting worse, most are not. The Caribbean and South America, for example, are two areas with high or rising homicide rates. Given that these regions attract a lot of cruisers, a focused look at these areas might be useful.
Naah.. she's just dissed nothings snapping away at the Troll..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 26-01-2014, 10:18   #20

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser

Actually Gentlemen, my question was a serious one, certainly not a trolling post or one designed to provoke a reaction, just a honest attempt to find the truth of the situation.

So, if you say all is well, then indeed, all is well.

Methinks you all waste too much good sailing time over analysing every ones posts in the mis guided hope of finding offence with which to support the latest liberal craze of victimhood.
Old 26-01-2014, 10:23   #21

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Methinks you all waste too much good sailing time over analysing every ones posts in the mis guided hope of finding offence with which to support the latest liberal craze of victimhood.
Ha, Ha, Ha... I get it now. You are trying to be funny. Good one .
Old 26-01-2014, 10:50   #22

Boat: Olson 40

Quote:
Hi Folks

I dont get involved on the forums as I used to and so what appears to me to be a rise in crime and violence related posts has been obvious, - unless ive come aboard on a particularly bad week?

Im very active in other online political areas so im more aware than most people as to the way the world seems to be headed, - but with that comes the danger that some days all I see is evidence of crime, violence and hatred.

Am I to believe this is a growing trend in the cruising/vacation/sailing/live aboard also?

The perennial topic of guns seems to rear its head every so often when a noobie sailor joins the site and that wont ever change, but are anchorages and destinations becoming less safe generally?
If you think violence is increasing, you need to study history. The existence of violence, or your personal awareness of it, does not in any way imply an increase.

In fact, violence and crime has decreased dramatically, even including the current wars carried out to enrich the military industrial complex. The total number of deaths due to "mass murders" since 1960 are less than one KKK rampage against blacks during the civil rights era.

I have intentionally left out references. Investigate, learn.

This is a time of change, but change does not equate to disaster. Do not immediately choose fear.
Old 26-01-2014, 13:01   #23

Quote:
... the latest liberal craze of victimhood.
I see.

If you have something useful to share re "rise in global crime and violence", by all means, enlighten us.

If you're just trolling, you will need better bait than that.
Old 26-01-2014, 13:48   #24
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hm. Don't see this helping me with my cruising much. Just gonna shut this thread, then go stick my head in the sand, and wonder why...
Closed Thread

Tags
enc