Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 14:28   #16

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: Real Cruiser's Quiz: How do you stack up?

I took the OP as a little bit of levity. How did it get turned around>
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 15:00   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Because this site is full of people looking for a reason to be offended. I too took the original post as sarcastic humor.

And for the record, if you anchor near me I will sing you the song of my people. It's played on a little red Japanese suitcase that sips fuel and makes power. And unlike diesel gensets doesn't smell like you're anchored downwind of a school bus
Old 03-06-2016, 15:42   #18

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dreaming View Post
Wow...nothing but hate. Truly not funny. There is nothing here that resembles humor.
Snobs are everywhere it seems. I guess you were born with a tiller in your hand and every skill you will ever need fresh out of the womb.
Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about sailing. Im sure you are much better at it than I am. But Ill stay away because its this kind of cynical attitude that sucks real joy out of life.
Chill...just chill. You will have more fun.
I may be wrong, I am an Aussie after all and we have our own sense of humour , but I really do think he was being sarcastic. You know not serious
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 15:51   #19

Location: Aground in the Yorkshire Dales, awaiting a very high tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
You and me both. Perhaps the degree of humour that one finds in this post might be is inversely proportional to the amount of times that you recognise yourself on the lists?
bobnlesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 15:56   #20

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
27. If you feel the need to rant about "real cruisers" on internet forums then you definitely aren't part of the friendly boating community you so long for the loss of.
+1. Bravo. FYI, none of the "real cruisers" I know consider themselves to be, plus would certainly never try to tell others they are not valid real cruisers. But if the original poster needs to do this to feel better than others, then get after it.

FYI, our cat has two steering wheels, we've been on the water since early March and have traveled from Texas thru Bahamas to Georgetown and now working our way back up the coast eventually back to Texas. I don't consider myself to be a cruiser. But certainly not because the boat has two steering wheels, like the original poster says disqualifies us. Heck, at 33 ft length we were one of the shortest boats in the Exumas! Not sure what value to the boating community he feels threads like this provide. A good one for a moderator to kill.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 16:08   #21

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnlesley View Post
You and me both. Perhaps the degree of humour that one finds in this post might be is inversely proportional to the amount of times that you recognise yourself on the lists?
I think we can all find our selves on the list. Laughing at yourself is fun. Laughing at others not much fun.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:16   #22

Interesting to note that some of the boaters, the ones who have been around the island a couple of times, are enjoying this thread and contributing. You newbies, with your kickers in a knot, need to chill, read between the lines. There is actually much to be learned here, if you care to take the time.
Bry
bcripps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:35   #23

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripps View Post
Interesting to note that some of the boaters, the ones who have been around the island a couple of times, are enjoying this thread and contributing. You newbies, with your kickers in a knot, need to chill, read between the lines. There is actually much to be learned here, if you care to take the time.
Bry
How about this then: "real cruisers" don't label others as "newbies", or tell them they are of lesser importance because of less sea miles.

The value of this forum has always been to share knowledge, support, resources. Not to separate boaters as being real or fake. If this thread was supposed to be ha-ha, then move it to the joke section.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:41   #24

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

I've got an idea yeah me, me has an idea

(h

How about anyone who doesn't like the thread not read the threads

Novel I know. But it's a way of chilling. If you don't get the humour, just move on, don't comment and don't read

Problem solved.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:59   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripps View Post
Bry
Ehhh, we've lived aboard for a decade and have a few mile under our belts. Other than tying up the dingy most points were just the guy being a blowhard trying to prove he was a true cruiser and hoping everyone would agree with him.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:46   #26

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
I've got an idea yeah me, me has an idea

(h

How about anyone who doesn't like the thread not read the threads

Novel I know. But it's a way of chilling. If you don't get the humour, just move on, don't comment and don't read

Problem solved.
Cheers mate!

PS This thread is funny! Have a laugh or giggle and go have a great day! Boo hoo, oh it's terrible, where did my political correctness go?
SV Sailfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:50   #27

Boat: Tayana 37 cutter

Wow, dog poisoning, and cutting tenders lose. What's next, cutting rodes and drilling holes in hulls? Man up, talk to someone that is bothering you, about how to resolve the issue, maybe you can borh learn something.
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:48   #28

Boat: Ranger 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Sailfish View Post
And... if you have decided to buy a sailboat and go cruising, but the only way you can afford it is by asking for money on sites like Patreon, then please, please, please just stay home!

And yes... we know your girl looks really "hot" in that bikini but please just stay home anyway!

Probably the best so far!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
ordkhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:32   #29

Boat: Vancouver 27

Cruising is being out there being yourself with a smile on your face
laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:43   #30

Boat: Tayana 37 cutter

To joke about, animal asbuse, and destruction of property, is akin to sexist and racist jokes, basically not funny material, and if done at all, at best, though, in my opinion still not good, done in private, with people who either accept, you for having such views, or know You don't. In texting with strangers, not knowing your values or reading your expressions, it comes across ,to me, as elitist vigilantism. Your question, gives hope.of a misunderstood attempt at humor. ,I've certainly been there. Fair winds.
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser