Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 28-12-2014, 09:26   #1

Putting a boat in charter in California

Hi everyone. I am wondering if I can take a moment and ask if anyone has experience with this? I am considering purchasing my first sailboat with the intention of putting it in to charter with Marina Sailing which is a sailing club/charter service with fleets based throughout southern and central California. Has anyone here done that and what was your experience please? I am thinking about either a jeanneau or beneteau in the 35-40 foot range, with 3 cabins. That is the setup I prefer when I charter and the best for weekend trips to Catalina and the Channel Islands. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. For those unfamiliar with Marina Sailing - this is chartering sailboats for a day or a few days - this is not week long or longer vacation destination rentals that you may otherwise be thinking of. I've been a frequent "charterer" with marina sailing and have generally enjoyed the experience and their professionalism. I'm most curious of people's experiences with the boat being rented as often as marina sailing assures me mine will, and their care of the boats from an owners perspective. They tell me I can expect the boat to go out 100 days a year. That sounds like a lot. Thanks for any thoughts. Best, john c
JohnCoctoston is offline   Reply With Quote

cal, california, charter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On