Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 15:05   #466
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Production Boats Fit For Blue Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
It seems you did not read what I wrote:

It is the irony has lost on you. I said UK is in EC but has a foot in another out: they don't have the Euro, they don't have schengen, they are continually against any global harmonization of laws, they are against a federal state, against a EC Army they are always winning and complaining about everything that regards European Parliament and European laws and finally they are going to do a referendum about staying on not the EC .Resuming, they are in EC but are against it
you mean like a lot of other countries considering their options about the benefits of being a member? Like Greece? Like Ireland? Like Italy?

Sorry..... I read what you wrote. It doesnt change a single thing. The UK is FULLY vested in the EEC and like any member state can stay or go. You make it sound like the things you mentioned above are good for countries.....
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:05   #467

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

If in the next revisión brass is baned is because something is going on , for sure, and in 10 to 15 years life span hard to probe if they change seacocks between haul outs, seems to me EU sailors are really aware of this situation....
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:07   #468
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
you mean like a lot of other countries considering their options about the benefits of being a member? Like Greece? Like Ireland? Like Italy?

Sorry..... I read what you wrote. It doesnt change a single thing. The UK is FULLY vested in the EEC and like any member state can stay or go. You make it sound like the things you mentioned above are good for countries.....
Dude - seriously, don't you guys have a political thread somewhere you can continue this discussion? It has nothing to do with awesome production boats or angels on the head of a fender-washer-backed-cleat.

Let's try to stick to the topic and not pollute an otherwise wonderful thread.
smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:07   #469
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:
It seems you did not read what I wrote:

It is the irony has lost on you. I said UK is in EC but has a foot in another out: they don't have the Euro, they don't have schengen, they are continually against any global harmonization of laws, they are against a federal state, against a EC Army they are always winning and complaining about everything that regards European Parliament and European laws and finally they are going to do a referendum about staying on not the EC .Resuming, they are in EC but are against it
you are spending too much time listening to one side of the debate in the UK, the referendum will only happen if the conservatives are back in power, Thats looking increasing unlikely.

Just like the Scottish referendum, what happens if there is a poll, will be interestingly to see, its not in any way a forgone conclusion which way it will go, and even then a vote only means the UK will seek re-negotiation , whatever thats turns out to mean.

And Polux, you are wrong about the EU and the UK, at present the UK is a fully paid up member and in fact is zealous in applying EU rules and regs. Merely because it doesn't have the euro or schengen is nonsense, Ireland doesn't have schengen, it has a derogation from lots of EU treaties, it doesn't support an EU army ( ps You might ask who is in the European Rapid reaction force, well f me, the UK and france) if you used your citeriua, poland and half a dozen other countries would have a " foot out the door"

Really Polux you've way off beam here , stoping reading the daily telegraph

dave
Old 05-01-2015, 15:09   #470

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
If in the next revisión brass is baned is because something is going on , for sure, and in 10 to 15 years life span hard to probe if they change seacocks between haul outs, seems to me EU sailors are really aware of this situation....
And the "brass is OK" crowd will dance to which tune?

Is there any word of accepting Marlon (if it is not already accepted)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 05-01-2015, 15:11   #471
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
brass is not being banned, the RCD makes no specific materials recommendation. What is happening is the next revision of the RCD will mandate compliance with more and more ISO specs, since more of these have been adopted since the original RCD was introduced. One of these ISO specs will require that seacocks have specifications that will it virtually impossible for yellow brass to be used.

Most of this issue has been raised in the popular sailing press in the UK, its not a big issue elsewhere in europe to my understanding

and anyway if you want the boat with bronze fitments ask ?

dave
Old 05-01-2015, 15:13   #472
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
And the "brass is OK" crowd will dance to which tune?

Is there any word of accepting Marlon (if it is not already accepted)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Plastic fittings are acceptable , from memory the forthcoming iSO spec does have strength requirements
Old 05-01-2015, 15:18   #473

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_V_B View Post
That the UK doesn't require licenses is not that exceptional. Neither does, afaik, Belgium or The Netherlands. And probably many others.
You are a Swiss citizen? If you are you are required to have a licence to sail a sailboat with more than 15m2 of sail and also if you have a boat you are subjected to mandatory technical controls each three years. Without that you don't have the document that authorizes you to use the boat.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:18   #474
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post

dave
Dave... you owe me a box of screen wipes. certified of course.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:30   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
AV - I'm really trying to help you out here. You're starting to look a little silly. Look at where Polux lives and center your search on the requirements of that country. Hint - he doesn't live in Ireland.
In fact here we also have mandatory regular boat inspections and without them the boat certificate is not renovated but I bought the boat in Italy and maintained the boat Italian flag and guess what?...This year I would need to have the boat inspected by the Italian authorities (RINA) for renovating my Italian boat certificate...and costs in Italy about the double than what costs in Portugal
Old 05-01-2015, 15:51   #476
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
In fact here we also have mandatory regular boat inspections and without them the boat certificate is not renovated but I bought the boat in Italy and maintained the boat Italian flag and guess what?...This year I would need to have the boat inspected by the Italian authorities (RINA) for renovating my Italian boat certificate...and costs in Italy about the double than what costs in Portugal
by certificate you don't mean the CE marking do you, which would be strange
Old 05-01-2015, 15:52   #477

Let's see know where is that thread on swinger's??
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 15:53   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
you are spending too much time listening to one side of the debate in the UK, the referendum will only happen if the conservatives are back in power, Thats looking increasing unlikely.

Just like the Scottish referendum, what happens if there is a poll, will be interestingly to see, its not in any way a forgone conclusion which way it will go, and even then a vote only means the UK will seek re-negotiation , whatever thats turns out to mean.

And Polux, you are wrong about the EU and the UK, at present the UK is a fully paid up member and in fact is zealous in applying EU rules and regs. Merely because it doesn't have the euro or schengen is nonsense, Ireland doesn't have schengen, it has a derogation from lots of EU treaties, it doesn't support an EU army ( ps You might ask who is in the European Rapid reaction force, well f me, the UK and france) if you used your citeriua, poland and half a dozen other countries would have a " foot out the door"

dave
I don't read the Daily Telegraph and last post about politcs again to say that I was being ironic since the beginning but in what regards EC I think that everybody that understands something about economy have understood by now that EC will become a federal state or will disappear. I have the impression that most Brits are against a Federal EC and I am not sure that in what regards a referendum, if it is implemented, the majority will not want to go out EC. That's what I meant (ironically) with one foot in another out
Old 05-01-2015, 15:54   #479
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Dave... you owe me a box of screen wipes. certified of course.
is there a post completion process for screen wipes,

mine are CE marked of course, duly low voltage directive compliant, no shocks to the user over 1000 volts
Old 05-01-2015, 15:57   #480
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
I don't read the Daily Telegraph and last post about politcs again to say that I was being ironic since the beginning but in what regards EC I think that everybody that understands something about economy have understood by now that EC will become a federal state or will disappear. I have the impression that most Brits are against a Federal EC and I am not sure that in what regards a referendum, if it is implemented, the majority will not want to go out EC. That's what I meant (ironically) with one foot in another out
ask the french public about a federal europe ( remember the last vote) I doubt theres a country in the EU at the moment that would push the union closer then it needs to be at the moment.

yes I don't disagree , with you along term analysis but its a long way off.

ironically it could force another Scottish referendum

Thats it from me on EU politics

Tags
water