Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 09:40   #196
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Piracy - Reality vs Perception

Plus he was a colonialist. Great example of what happens when you think you are more capable than you are.

Funny is it not..
We got abused for controlling half the world.. so we took the reins off and gave them their heads..
Now we get abuse coz the 'New Kid on the Block' does not know his ass from his elbow and its our fault..
Buldi Racists...

If you do not hunt for your food or fight for your country as your living.. you don't need a gun.. piss them off (The White House Mob) and they'll blow you away no matter how many you have..
Remember Waco..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:44   #197
cruiser

Re: Piracy - Reality vs Perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
Whereas of course no other countries have any people with mental health issues or is it that those civilised countries do not have such easy access to weapons of mass destruction???
Time to wake up and stop making excuses.
Robin,

The last time I checked, the people in America don't have "easy access to weapons of mass destruction" which are defined as nuclear or chemical weapons. Yes, honest non criminals in the U.S. do have access to semi automatic rifles and handguns following a government background check and the possession of a state or local license to have the gun... Which also requires an extensive background check and waiting period along with some training.

Criminals on the other hand, do have easy access to firearms, just like in every other country. However, they don't go through the proper channels to buy their weapons.

Have you ever purchased a firearm or actually seen one up close? If you have done so, then you'd know that not just anyone can walk in and buy one. Or... are you simply repeating what you've heard from uninformed sources.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:07   #198

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Pirates? Guns? Try and stop crazy. The Timothy McVeighs of the world want recognition. Most of these guys don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ber_of_victims

goat
Old 11-10-2015, 10:28   #199
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Plus he was a colonialist. Great example of what happens when you think you are more capable than you are.

Funny is it not..
We got abused for controlling half the world.. so we took the reins off and gave them their heads..
Now we get abuse coz the 'New Kid on the Block' does not know his ass from his elbow and its our fault..
Buldi Racists...

If you do not hunt for your food or fight for your country as your living.. you don't need a gun.. piss them off (The White House Mob) and they'll blow you away no matter how many you have..
Remember Waco..

I was really just referring to Churchill's colossal (and almost identical) blunders at Gallipoli and Anzio, not colonialism or England as a whole.

Just seemed like a poor example of a bloke who provided a well thought out armed response.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:35   #200
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaangus View Post
The mass shootings are usually a combination of Mentally sick people and prescription medications but nobody really likes to talk about that because somebody's' feeling might get hurt. The shootings mentioned are mostly criminals shooting criminals.

Clearly you didn't go to the linked site and read their parameters for a "mass shooting", which come from the FBI and don't include such cases. They also require a minimum of four "innocent" fatalities, shooter not included.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:39   #201

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Robin,

T

Have you ever purchased a firearm or actually seen one up close? If you have done so, then you'd know that not just anyone can walk in and buy one. Or... are you simply repeating what you've heard from uninformed sources.
I live in Florida, the gunshine state and as a 'legal alien' could go to Walmart and buy me a gun today. After a rudimentary background check I can collect it just 24 hrs later. So that is strict gun control Floduh style.
My wife who is American can buy hers today and take it home straight away. OR I could go to the next local gun show and buy a gun privately with no checks needed at all. Walmart however have recently ceased dealing with 'assault weapons' according to a recent statement.
In the past month we had one shot dead by a guy in a van who had rear ended another car and got scared of the driver of that car's response, so shot him. TWO kids arrested last week for taking guns to high school because they were frightened of being bullied. Gun owner relative of one kid 'had not had time to report weapon missing' One person shot dead in Hyatt Regency parking lot in Orlando Disney Iternational Drive, heart of tourist area, that was 3 days ago. Then we had an ex deputy sheriff that shot a kid sitting in front of him in the cinema for making too much noise with his cellphone. The incidents are real and numerous, well covered by local TV News and News journals.

Black Bears and 'gators in Floriduh are protected species, sadly humans are not.

We have several close US military family members with multiple legally owned guns and concealed carry permits but they are NOT allowed to have them with them when in our home, boat nor cars. As a result one such family member (Stepson) will no longer come visit us, which is his family's loss for sure, not ours and they can pay for their own kids annual Disney/sunshine vacations in future with the very greatest of pleasure.

I have nothing against guns per se. Hunting weaponry is a different matter too in it's place but do you really need an AK47 or a machine pistol to hunt an unarmed duck?
Old 11-10-2015, 11:20   #202
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG

In the US, if you really search the news, the news the "main stream" media choose not to report, there are daily incidents of people defending themselves or others by being armed. Often with nobody being shot. The information is there if you choose to read it. For you lefties the inconvenient facts of life.

Back to the subject of this forum, why go where piracy is not only common but part of the local tradition? There are plenty of other pleasant places to cruise.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:25   #203

Quote:
Whereas of course no other countries have any people with mental health issues or is it that those civilised countries do not have such easy access to weapons of mass destruction???
Time to wake up and stop making excuses.
I'd bet no other country prescribes anti depressants at the rate the US does. As I said it is a combination of the two combined with available guns. Guns aren't the problem, mentally sick people on dope are the problem
Being a pacifist is fine as long as somebody else is looking out for you. If nobody is looking out for you, you had better be able to take care of yourself.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:35   #204

Quote:
I live in Florida, the gunshine state and as a 'legal alien' could go to Walmart and buy me a gun today. After a rudimentary background check I can collect it just 24 hrs later. So that is strict gun control Floduh style.
My wife who is American can buy hers today and take it home straight away. OR I could go to the next local gun show and buy a gun privately with no checks needed at all. Walmart however have recently ceased dealing with 'assault weapons' according to a recent statement.
In the past month we had one shot dead by a guy in a van who had rear ended another car and got scared of the driver of that car's response, so shot him. TWO kids arrested last week for taking guns to high school because they were frightened of being bullied. Gun owner relative of one kid 'had not had time to report weapon missing' One person shot dead in Hyatt Regency parking lot in Orlando Disney Iternational Drive, heart of tourist area, that was 3 days ago. Then we had an ex deputy sheriff that shot a kid sitting in front of him in the cinema for making too much noise with his cellphone. The incidents are real and numerous, well covered by local TV News and News journals.

Black Bears and 'gators in Floriduh are protected species, sadly humans are not.

We have several close US military family members with multiple legally owned guns and concealed carry permits but they are NOT allowed to have them with them when in our home, boat nor cars. As a result one such family member (Stepson) will no longer come visit us, which is his family's loss for sure, not ours and they can pay for their own kids annual Disney/sunshine vacations in future with the very greatest of pleasure.

I have nothing against guns per se. Hunting weaponry is a different matter too in it's place but do you really need an AK47 or a machine pistol to hunt an unarmed duck?
You do know that automatic weapons are illegal to own in the US without a very difficult to obtain license don't you. Your hyperbole is tiresom.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:41   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
In the US, if you really search the news, the news the "main stream" media choose not to report, there are daily incidents of people defending themselves or others by being armed. Often with nobody being shot. The information is there if you choose to read it. For you lefties the inconvenient facts of life.

Back to the subject of this forum, why go where piracy is not only common but part of the local tradition? There are plenty of other pleasant places to cruise.
Not true at all. CCW permit holders rarely ever stop a bad situation and in the rare instances it happens, Fox news is all over it. Many times the CCW either gets killed by escalating or an innocent bystander is killed.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:49   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailBender View Post
Not true at all. CCW permit holders rarely ever stop a bad situation and in the rare instances it happens, Fox news is all over it. Many times the CCW either gets killed by escalating or an innocent bystander is killed.
Just out of curiosity can you think of a case where one of these shooters shot multiple people when there was an armed person in the room? I can't think of one, ever.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:21   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailBender View Post
Did you hear about the horrible mass murder at Pearl Mississippi high school a few years ago? No, that's because it didn't happen because an assistant principal with a .45 stopped it.. It didn't make much news in the national media (I guess it didnt really fit the approved narrative). I know about it because I'm from there.
Look it up. Don't take my word for it.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:22   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Sie sollten es mal ausprobieren. Sprechen sie deutsche?
No thanks!

Stu
Old 11-10-2015, 13:33   #209

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaangus View Post
You do know that automatic weapons are illegal to own in the US without a very difficult to obtain license don't you. Your hyperbole is tiresom.
The license may be difficult, the guns seem easy enough found.
Sorry if the truth offends,

I'm off sailing, whilst hopefully staying well clear of all war zones.
Old 13-10-2015, 11:48   #210
cruiser

Quote:
The license may be difficult, the guns seem easy enough found.
This is simply not true.

Apparently, you do not understand the difference between fully automatic weapons and semi automatic weapons.

Paul
Closed Thread

Tags
piracy