Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 10:11   #16

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: Our first coastal cruise hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie View Post
From another newbie (5 years ) . Sail as much as you can but make checking and studying the weather like your second nature. No matter if you are a 1000miles away from your boat. Check the weather.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 13:18   #17

Location: Currently wintering in Kettering south of Hobart in Tasmania so already established for the Wooden Boat Festival in 2019
Boat: Joe Adams Naut 40

Congratulations! so sorry to hear your first trip was marred by a throat bug but hopefully the meds have kicked in and will not be a lasting memory - whilst the cruising bug is another matter altogether. I have been sailing for 60 years and the bug is as strong today as when I first set out.

May you have as many happy adventures as Mike and I have had and we look forward to possibly catching up when we get back to Sydney from our sojourn south to volunteer at the Wooden Boat Festival in Hobart.

Enjoy and stay safe -
Cheers from the crew of Yaraandoo II - Sue and Mike
sapient sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 13:58   #18
Heg

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari Evolution

Nice work guys. We are just embarking on a similar path. Got our boat and are learning to sail in the waters of Moreton Bay before heading further afield.
Old 06-01-2017, 17:19   #19

Boat: Hunter 356

Sapient Sue it would be lovely to catch you in the near future and thank you kindly for your words, we have fallen in love with sailing

Heg, I hope you have as much fun and more starting out as we are having, hopefully sometime next winter we too can get up to QLD, though I may be a bit premature with our capabilities just yet!

⚓️ Mini sailing adventure update ⚓️

Still not well enough to sail home myself this morning, the boys have set sail back to St George Motor Boat Club from Watsons Bay this morning and are making excellent time.

Jules has just sent through some amazing photos and a little video clip of the fun they're having onboard our beautiful girl.

We are very thankful to our friends who've helped out and made this mini adventure possible, these guys rock and we have thanked them endlessly for all their assistance, enthusiasm and companionship After a decade of friendship with one of my besties, it turned out her Dad is a skipper and readily engaged in the opportunity to join us on both trips.

I've thanked the universe endlessly the last few days for this entire experience [emoji7] An amazing start to the New Year!

Here's a little snippet as they sail past Coogee Beach where we live, I could just see them off the horizon as the went past (South of Bondi).

Warm regards,

TinySailor

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1898.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	139115

Casper going on the dink yesterday and unimpressed that he couldn't steer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1892.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	139116
tinysailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise