Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2016, 07:14   #196
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Polux and Boatman61...

not that you are... but I believe the Muslims that are invading Europe right now...(that is the 20 something year old males) consider you both "useful idiots". Did you know that Greece intercepted recently 2 40 foot containers that were filled with assault weapons? Just suppose you are both right and I am wrong... then I am just a bothersome ignoramus blathering on the internet... but suppose I am right and you are wrong? Then you just helped sink the future of a peaceful Europe for generations to come... and you have to live with that.
Those folks that are "migrating" are a Russian weapon ..The Russians believe that this will have the same affect that suicide /surrender squads had during the Korean war...They(russians) dont need guns to fight this part of their offensive, all that is required is to have the ability to flee and bog down the efforts of the west ...
Old 27-02-2016, 07:21   #197
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
If things continue in Europe as they are now... it would be a good idea for every European to own an ocean going sailboat just in case. We have room for you in America.
Cheers for the offer.. but I'll stick with the Commonwealth thank you...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:24   #198
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cal 2-46'

However it is established that St Johns Newfoundland is the oldest continuously occupied European settlement in North America. Although I live on the far other side of Canada St Johns is fascinating and colourful place to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 27-02-2016, 07:26   #199

Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1

Polux... sorry olde friend but you are really full of it today... I can refute everything you said but you must read:The Chronicle of 754 (also called the Mozarabic Chronicle or Continuatio Hispana) It is probably the only description of life under the Moors that was allowed to leave Iberia from Moor or christian alike... also the Berbers were slaves of the Moors and are resisted this day in Morocco by the Berbers... They were forced to join the invasion of Iberia.

Black women's garb was not because of the sun...nice try...

The widows and daughters of fallen Christian nobility were forced into sexual slavery by to being members of Moorish Cheiftains' harems. ONLY Christians were charged taxes as some cities were allowed some freedoms due to the lack of numbers to take a town. Men women and children were murdered when cities like Toledo were taken over. Semi-autonomous towns were prohibited from hiding fugitives at their peril.As time went on the Caliphate of Damascus sent Yemeni's Syrians and Muslim Arabs from many parts of Arabia as reinforcements. Part of the attraction to fight in Iberia was that Christian women would be sex slaves.... I could go on but you need to check it out for yourself... I will give you a test later.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:46   #200
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Polux... sorry olde friend but you are really full of it today... I can refute everything you said but you must read:The Chronicle of 754 (also called the Mozarabic Chronicle or Continuatio Hispana) It is probably the only description of life under the Moors that was allowed to leave Iberia from Moor or christian alike... also the Berbers were slaves of the Moors and are resisted this day in Morocco by the Berbers... They were forced to join the invasion of Iberia.

Black women's garb was not because of the sun...nice try...

The widows and daughters of fallen Christian nobility were forced into sexual slavery by to being members of Moorish Cheiftains' harems. ONLY Christians were charged taxes as some cities were allowed some freedoms due to the lack of numbers to take a town. Men women and children were murdered when cities like Toledo were taken over. Semi-autonomous towns were prohibited from hiding fugitives at their peril.As time went on the Caliphate of Damascus sent Yemeni's Syrians and Muslim Arabs from many parts of Arabia as reinforcements. Part of the attraction to fight in Iberia was that Christian women would be sex slaves.... I could go on but you need to check it out for yourself... I will give you a test later.
I like sex with Christian women too..
Old 27-02-2016, 08:01   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I like sex with Christian women too..
I was going to post a certain clip from "The Blazing Saddles" on the subject but decided against it, what with the CF PC wing crowd and all.
Old 27-02-2016, 08:35   #202
Marine Service Provider

As far as Euro settlers I still say that there is no proof what so ever as to an earlier settlement in NA than the ones that Spain settled in Fla.,Ga.,NC,etc.. approx. 30-40 years before John White and Sir.Walters "Lost Colony"..
Old 27-02-2016, 09:43   #203
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
As far as Euro settlers I still say that there is no proof what so ever as to an earlier settlement in NA than the ones that Spain settled in Fla.,Ga.,NC,etc.. approx. 30-40 years before John White and Sir.Walters "Lost Colony"..
Settlement: A place where people live.

So, if the Vikings lived in in North America for a few years, they did not live in a settlement?

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.
Old 27-02-2016, 09:51   #204

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post

So, if the Vikings lived in in North America for a few years, they did not live in a settlement?

CSY,
The comment made by TropicalEscape is absurd since it contradicts validated historical fact and no educated person would give it credence. Good luck and safe sailing.
Old 27-02-2016, 10:33   #205

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians
Old 27-02-2016, 11:03   #206

Boat: Southern Cross 35' Cutter - FrPol & H-boat 26' - Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to svrodeorm

Quote:
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

Guess it follows than that Paradise is:

Where the police are Japanese, the lovers ,hmmm I leave that one to anyone's imagination, the mechanics German, the health care French, the chefs Turk or Chinese, and the politics, and organizing social security best left to the Scandinavians.

Reading through it once again, and it doesn't seem bad at all!!!!
Old 27-02-2016, 14:20   #207

OK after 240 posts in this thread... The possible short term Viking outpost in New Foundland wins the first Prize? Or do we for Christopher Columbus, the Genoan with his Spanish crew?
Old 27-02-2016, 15:02   #208
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
CSY,
The comment made by TropicalEscape is absurd since it contradicts validated historical fact and no educated person would give it credence. Good luck and safe sailing.
What validated facts rognvald ?..Which comment can you contradict with facts? you are not going to referance some small and obscure museum hidden amongst the rocky shores of upper New England...Are you?
Old 27-02-2016, 15:03   #209
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Quote:
OK after 240 posts in this thread... The possible short term Viking outpost in New Foundland wins the first Prize? Or do we for Christopher Columbus, the Genoan with his Spanish crew?
Columbus never set foot on North America, he also had no idea North America existed, he thought the islands he found in the Bahamas and the Caribbean was India.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...that-he-didnt/
Old 27-02-2016, 15:14   #210
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post

"if" is the operative here .."If" they lived here I guess you could call it a settlement...what are your facts by the way? Which town in the USA celebrates "Erickson Day" or better yet what written historical account can you direct me to that will make us all see the light..? Do you really believe I am attempting to rewrite history and convince the savy folks on CF that its true?
Closed Thread

Tags
Europe, men, rope