Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2016, 16:26   #211
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,399
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
"if" is the operative here .."If" they lived here I guess you could call it a settlement...what are your facts by the way? Which town in the USA celebrates "Erickson Day" or better yet what written historical account can you direct me to that will make us all see the light..? Do you really believe I am attempting to rewrite history and convince the savy folks on CF that its true?
Don't know about any town in the US celebrating Erickson day, you mentioned NA, as in North America.

Here is a link you may find interesting as it may be brand new information to you:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Anse_aux_Meadows
__________________

__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 17:00   #212
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Posts: 286
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Columbus never set foot on North America, he also had no idea North America existed, he thought the islands he found in the Bahamas and the Caribbean was India.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...that-he-didnt/
Where would you put the Bahamas? Grand Bahama Island is 60 miles due east off the coast of Palm Beach, Florida, North America...you can swim there
__________________

__________________
sailingfarmer is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 17:01   #213
Don't ask if you can't handle it
 
sailorboy1's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the boat somewhere
Boat: Hunter 410
Posts: 12,317
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

it was the UFOs

get it right
__________________
jobless, houseless, clueless, living on a boat and cruising around somewhere
sailorboy1 is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 17:31   #214
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Don't know about any town in the US celebrating Erickson day, you mentioned NA, as in North America.

Here is a link you may find interesting as it may be brand new information to you:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Anse_aux_Meadows
"widely accepted" , "Possible connection" and other words like this tell anyone reading this that there is no conclusive evidence that these folks arrived here and established a settlement..I realize that it is a UNESCO site but that only means that they believe it to be old not that the theory is true..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 17:52   #215
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,399
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Where would you put the Bahamas? Grand Bahama Island is 60 miles due east off the coast of Palm Beach, Florida, North America...you can swim there
I kind of think of North America as Continent and offshore islands not part of it.
I could be wrong however if the islands are part of the same tectonic plate.
Perhaps we ought to include Bermuda as well?

Let's see what Google says:

North America Map / Geography of North America / Map of North America - Worldatlas.com

Oops, Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribbean seems to be part of North America, but not the North American Continent.
__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 17:52   #216
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,399
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
"widely accepted" , "Possible connection" and other words like this tell anyone reading this that there is no conclusive evidence that these folks arrived here and established a settlement..I realize that it is a UNESCO site but that only means that they believe it to be old not that the theory is true..
Okay whatever, you win...
__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 18:05   #217
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Okay whatever, you win...
was not out to win anything,i thought we were having a discussion based on " oldest Euro. settlement in the USA" then it went to wild tells of big, white, blue eyed Vikings displacing the true discoverers(/Latinos/Hispanics) of what we call America..I will say it again "anything to displace the Latinos" that "found" my mothers peoples land..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 18:19   #218
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,399
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
was not out to win anything,i thought we were having a discussion based on " oldest Euro. settlement in the USA" then it went to wild tells of big, white, blue eyed Vikings displacing the true discoverers(/Latinos/Hispanics) of what we call America..I will say it again "anything to displace the Latinos" that "found" my mothers peoples land..
Ok, so the Latinos discovered North America and settled USA. Of course everybody has an agenda to displace the Latinos that found your mother's land.
Silly me...
__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 19:50   #219
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Posts: 286
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Latinos are half Moorish.... so maybe the MOORS FOUND THE NEW WORLD
__________________
sailingfarmer is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 19:55   #220
Registered User
 
avb3's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida/Alberta
Boat: Lippincott 30
Posts: 9,913
Images: 1
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Closed. Too political and nothing to do with an interesting find that the OP brought up.
__________________
If your attitude resembles the south end of a bull heading north, it's time to turn around.
avb3 is offline  
Old 28-02-2016, 05:32   #221
Registered User
 
Polux's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portugal/Med
Boat: Comet 41s
Posts: 5,765
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Latinos are half Moorish.... so maybe the MOORS FOUND THE NEW WORLD
Being your basic knowledge regarding History low, why do you not make some basic research on internet for not posting nonsense? Unless, off course, you really like to post nonsense? and in that case why?

Latinos, are the ones that have their languages derived directly from Latin (meaning that Latin was once the language there), the original language of the Roman empire: Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, part of Croatia, part of Switzerland, Romania and Moldavia and that means all South of Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance-speaking_Europe

The word Latinos is used also for the inhabitants of Central and South America that speak the language of the European Latin countries and that means 20 countries like Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba and many others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Moors were originally the Muslim inhabitants of Mauritania, that today is a part of Morocco. The name was used generically on Western Europe to denominate the Muslims of North of Africa, as opposed to Arabs, that was the generic name for the ones on the middle east, excluding the Turks that were called Turks or Ottomans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors

Latins have nothing to do with Muslims or Moors except in what regards opposition and dispute of territories. The Muslims (Arabs and Moros) at an initial stage had a huge expansion and that was made at the cost (not only but also) of Latin territories:
Later all the Latin territories were reconquested by the descendants of the ones that were once defeated. You can see that the North of Iberia was never conquered and was from there, from Asturias, that all Iberian kingdoms were born, including Portugal on an earlier phase and Spain later. Portugal finished the conquest of those territories 800 years ago and Spain, even if had conquered most of them before finished 600 years ago (about two times the age US has as a country).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_dynasties

On a 2th phase the Muslim power and empire passed from the Arabs and Moros to the Turks and on the XV, XVI, XVII and XIX century the biggest oppositors of the Turk expansion were the Italian city states, Like Venice, Rome (the Pope), Portugal, Spain, the Austrian-Hungarian empire, the Croats and the Serbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoma...pireIn1683.png
Portugal and Spain were central at the two great naval battles that ended the Mediterranean Turk supremacy, Lepanto and Cape Matapan an Portugal ended up with the Ottoman naval superiority in Asia (Indian Ocean).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batalha_de_Matap%C3%A3o
Polux is offline  
Old 28-02-2016, 08:19   #222
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Being your basic knowledge regarding History low, why do you not make some basic research on internet for not posting nonsense? Unless, off course, you really like to post nonsense? and in that case why?

Latinos, are the ones that have their languages derived directly from Latin (meaning that Latin was once the language there), the original language of the Roman empire: Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, part of Croatia, part of Switzerland, Romania and Moldavia and that means all South of Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance-speaking_Europe

The word Latinos is used also for the inhabitants of Central and South America that speak the language of the European Latin countries and that means 20 countries like Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba and many others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America

Moors were originally the Muslim inhabitants of Mauritania, that today is a part of Morocco. The name was used generically on Western Europe to denominate the Muslims of North of Africa, as opposed to Arabs, that was the generic name for the ones on the middle east, excluding the Turks that were called Turks or Ottomans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors

Latins have nothing to do with Muslims or Moors except in what regards opposition and dispute of territories. The Muslims (Arabs and Moros) at an initial stage had a huge expansion and that was made at the cost (not only but also) of Latin territories:
Later all the Latin territories were reconquested by the descendants of the ones that were once defeated. You can see that the North of Iberia was never conquered and was from there, from Asturias, that all Iberian kingdoms were born, including Portugal on an earlier phase and Spain later. Portugal finished the conquest of those territories 800 years ago and Spain, even if had conquered most of them before finished 600 years ago (about two times the age US has as a country).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_dynasties

On a 2th phase the Muslim power and empire passed from the Arabs and Moros to the Turks and on the XV, XVI, XVII and XIX century the biggest oppositors of the Turk expansion were the Italian city states, Like Venice, Rome (the Pope), Portugal, Spain, the Austrian-Hungarian empire, the Croats and the Serbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoma...pireIn1683.png
Portugal and Spain were central at the two great naval battles that ended the Mediterranean Turk supremacy, Lepanto and Cape Matapan an Portugal ended up with the Ottoman naval superiority in Asia (Indian Ocean).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batalha_de_Matap%C3%A3o
good info...
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 28-02-2016, 08:24   #223
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Ok, so the Latinos discovered North America and settled USA. Of course everybody has an agenda to displace the Latinos that found your mother's land.
Silly me...
The way I see it every single european decendent in North America is an "Illegal Alien" it aint just those Mexicans that so many bigots seem to hate..It started with Desoto and Pardo and it is now Jones and Smith...
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 28-02-2016, 08:37   #224
Don't ask if you can't handle it
 
sailorboy1's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the boat somewhere
Boat: Hunter 410
Posts: 12,317
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
The way I see it every single european decendent in North America is an "Illegal Alien"
Why stop there since everyone is of African descent? We're all related and just like in a normal family not everyone likes each other.
__________________
jobless, houseless, clueless, living on a boat and cruising around somewhere
sailorboy1 is offline  
Old 28-02-2016, 09:37   #225
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,399
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
The way I see it every single european decendent in North America is an "Illegal Alien" it aint just those Mexicans that so many bigots seem to hate..It started with Desoto and Pardo and it is now Jones and Smith...
How about the Chinese and Japanese descendants are they illegal aliens as well?
Or the Eskimos and the Indians, they sure as hell did not apply for legal status in the US, they just walked across the land bridge from Sibeira and helped themselfs to a defenseless country, bastards....
__________________

__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
Europe, men, rope

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Age is the Oldest Person you have met Singlehanding and Cruising? sustutt Liveaboard's Forum 19 02-03-2014 03:12
Anyone use settlement services when buying/selling CaptainBW Dollars & Cents 0 07-03-2011 15:24
Oldest Circumnavigator Record to Fall Doodles Cruising News & Events 2 01-08-2010 11:54
Way to sort thread oldest-first? Trekka Forum Tech Support & Site Help 4 09-09-2008 10:20
European Union Taxation Skents Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 0 13-01-2005 13:56



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:21.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.