Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2016, 08:14   #196
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Polux and Boatman61...

not that you are... but I believe the Muslims that are invading Europe right now...(that is the 20 something year old males) consider you both "useful idiots". Did you know that Greece intercepted recently 2 40 foot containers that were filled with assault weapons? Just suppose you are both right and I am wrong... then I am just a bothersome ignoramus blathering on the internet... but suppose I am right and you are wrong? Then you just helped sink the future of a peaceful Europe for generations to come... and you have to live with that.
Those folks that are "migrating" are a Russian weapon ..The Russians believe that this will have the same affect that suicide /surrender squads had during the Korean war...They(russians) dont need guns to fight this part of their offensive, all that is required is to have the ability to flee and bog down the efforts of the west ...
__________________

__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 08:21   #197
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,226
Images: 2
pirate Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
If things continue in Europe as they are now... it would be a good idea for every European to own an ocean going sailboat just in case. We have room for you in America.
Cheers for the offer.. but I'll stick with the Commonwealth thank you...
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 08:24   #198
Sponsoring Vendor
 
groundtackle's Avatar

Community Sponsor

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria BC/ Same
Boat: Cal 2-46 / Le Comte 35'
Posts: 371
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

However it is established that St Johns Newfoundland is the oldest continuously occupied European settlement in North America. Although I live on the far other side of Canada St Johns is fascinating and colourful place to visit.


Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
__________________

Ground Tackle Marine offers the highest quality ground tackle products to discerning clients. We are the only North American distributor of the Excel and Sarca anchors manufactured by Anchor Right Australia. Contact us through our website www.groundtackle.com
Chris or Nick will be pleased to help whatever your ground tackle questions are.
groundtackle is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 08:26   #199
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Posts: 294
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Polux... sorry olde friend but you are really full of it today... I can refute everything you said but you must read:The Chronicle of 754 (also called the Mozarabic Chronicle or Continuatio Hispana) It is probably the only description of life under the Moors that was allowed to leave Iberia from Moor or christian alike... also the Berbers were slaves of the Moors and are resisted this day in Morocco by the Berbers... They were forced to join the invasion of Iberia.

Black women's garb was not because of the sun...nice try...

The widows and daughters of fallen Christian nobility were forced into sexual slavery by to being members of Moorish Cheiftains' harems. ONLY Christians were charged taxes as some cities were allowed some freedoms due to the lack of numbers to take a town. Men women and children were murdered when cities like Toledo were taken over. Semi-autonomous towns were prohibited from hiding fugitives at their peril.As time went on the Caliphate of Damascus sent Yemeni's Syrians and Muslim Arabs from many parts of Arabia as reinforcements. Part of the attraction to fight in Iberia was that Christian women would be sex slaves.... I could go on but you need to check it out for yourself... I will give you a test later.
__________________
sailingfarmer is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 08:46   #200
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Polux... sorry olde friend but you are really full of it today... I can refute everything you said but you must read:The Chronicle of 754 (also called the Mozarabic Chronicle or Continuatio Hispana) It is probably the only description of life under the Moors that was allowed to leave Iberia from Moor or christian alike... also the Berbers were slaves of the Moors and are resisted this day in Morocco by the Berbers... They were forced to join the invasion of Iberia.

Black women's garb was not because of the sun...nice try...

The widows and daughters of fallen Christian nobility were forced into sexual slavery by to being members of Moorish Cheiftains' harems. ONLY Christians were charged taxes as some cities were allowed some freedoms due to the lack of numbers to take a town. Men women and children were murdered when cities like Toledo were taken over. Semi-autonomous towns were prohibited from hiding fugitives at their peril.As time went on the Caliphate of Damascus sent Yemeni's Syrians and Muslim Arabs from many parts of Arabia as reinforcements. Part of the attraction to fight in Iberia was that Christian women would be sex slaves.... I could go on but you need to check it out for yourself... I will give you a test later.
I like sex with Christian women too..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 09:01   #201
Registered User
 
Island Time O25's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,019
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I like sex with Christian women too..
I was going to post a certain clip from "The Blazing Saddles" on the subject but decided against it, what with the CF PC wing crowd and all.
__________________
Island Time O25 is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 09:35   #202
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

As far as Euro settlers I still say that there is no proof what so ever as to an earlier settlement in NA than the ones that Spain settled in Fla.,Ga.,NC,etc.. approx. 30-40 years before John White and Sir.Walters "Lost Colony"..
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 10:43   #203
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,400
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
As far as Euro settlers I still say that there is no proof what so ever as to an earlier settlement in NA than the ones that Spain settled in Fla.,Ga.,NC,etc.. approx. 30-40 years before John White and Sir.Walters "Lost Colony"..
Settlement: A place where people live.

So, if the Vikings lived in in North America for a few years, they did not live in a settlement?

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.
__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 10:51   #204
Registered User
 
rognvald's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Summer: In the land of Wooly Mammoths
Boat: Pearson 34-II
Posts: 2,252
Images: 2
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Settlement: A place where people live.

So, if the Vikings lived in in North America for a few years, they did not live in a settlement?

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.
CSY,
The comment made by TropicalEscape is absurd since it contradicts validated historical fact and no educated person would give it credence. Good luck and safe sailing.
__________________
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathrustra
rognvald is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 11:33   #205
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Posts: 294
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians
__________________
sailingfarmer is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 12:03   #206
Registered User
 
svrodeorm's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fr. Poynesia
Boat: Southern Cross 35' Cutter - FrPol & H-boat 26' - Sweden
Posts: 248
Send a message via Skype™ to svrodeorm
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians

Guess it follows than that Paradise is:

Where the police are Japanese, the lovers ,hmmm I leave that one to anyone's imagination, the mechanics German, the health care French, the chefs Turk or Chinese, and the politics, and organizing social security best left to the Scandinavians.

Reading through it once again, and it doesn't seem bad at all!!!!
__________________
svnanna.wordpress.com
Do it today-tomorrow it could be too late!
svrodeorm is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 15:20   #207
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Posts: 294
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

OK after 240 posts in this thread... The possible short term Viking outpost in New Foundland wins the first Prize? Or do we for Christopher Columbus, the Genoan with his Spanish crew?
__________________
sailingfarmer is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 16:02   #208
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
CSY,
The comment made by TropicalEscape is absurd since it contradicts validated historical fact and no educated person would give it credence. Good luck and safe sailing.
What validated facts rognvald ?..Which comment can you contradict with facts? you are not going to referance some small and obscure museum hidden amongst the rocky shores of upper New England...Are you?
__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 16:03   #209
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.
 
CSY Man's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Posts: 3,400
Images: 115
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
OK after 240 posts in this thread... The possible short term Viking outpost in New Foundland wins the first Prize? Or do we for Christopher Columbus, the Genoan with his Spanish crew?
Columbus never set foot on North America, he also had no idea North America existed, he thought the islands he found in the Bahamas and the Caribbean was India.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...that-he-didnt/
__________________
Life is sexually transmitted
www.odincharters.com
www.susanhanssen.com
CSY Man is offline  
Old 27-02-2016, 16:14   #210
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north carolina
Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Posts: 3,113
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Settlement: A place where people live.

So, if the Vikings lived in in North America for a few years, they did not live in a settlement?

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.
"if" is the operative here .."If" they lived here I guess you could call it a settlement...what are your facts by the way? Which town in the USA celebrates "Erickson Day" or better yet what written historical account can you direct me to that will make us all see the light..? Do you really believe I am attempting to rewrite history and convince the savy folks on CF that its true?
__________________

__________________
tropicalescape is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
Europe, men, rope

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Age is the Oldest Person you have met Singlehanding and Cruising? sustutt Liveaboard's Forum 19 02-03-2014 03:12
Anyone use settlement services when buying/selling CaptainBW Dollars & Cents 0 07-03-2011 15:24
Oldest Circumnavigator Record to Fall Doodles Cruising News & Events 2 01-08-2010 11:54
Way to sort thread oldest-first? Trekka Forum Tech Support & Site Help 4 09-09-2008 10:20
European Union Taxation Skents Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 0 13-01-2005 13:56



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.