Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2016, 08:29   #241

Boat: Camano Troll
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I was in the music business myself and still have family and friends that earn their living that way. Easy answer, don't join the union if it brings more detriments than benefits.

No one I knew was ever in the union. At the time I never asked but maybe this is why.
I played in places where union membership was required. Join the union or you don't work there.
Old 25-04-2016, 09:12   #242

Boat: Northstar 1500, 35'

There have been hamburger producing vending machines for years...fry, toast bun, mustard, catsup, pickles and assemble...while you watch...

Sent from my LGMS323 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 25-04-2016, 09:34   #243

I have been wondering for a long time why some people seem to have a hard time understanding basic things like simple economics (as I tried to explain earlier) or just common sense and I think I finally have the answer:

Back when I was a child, people were raised by their parents. They had good examples and they had someone to ask questions of.

Fast forward a generation or two and children were set in front of a TV set and were essentially raised by a large talking yellow bird and a purple dinosaur. Not only do they lack common sense, many cannot figure out if they are boys or girls, even after looking in their underpants!
Old 25-04-2016, 09:54   #244

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
I have been wondering for a long time why some people seem to have a hard time understanding basic things like simple economics (as I tried to explain earlier) or just common sense and I think I finally have the answer:

Back when I was a child, people were raised by their parents. They had good examples and they had someone to ask questions of.

Fast forward a generation or two and children were set in front of a TV set and were essentially raised by a large talking yellow bird and a purple dinosaur. Not only do they lack common sense, many cannot figure out if they are boys or girls, even after looking in their underpants!
Are you opening a can of worms?
Old 25-04-2016, 10:02   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
Are you opening a can of worms?
We live in that can of worms every day.
Old 25-04-2016, 15:15   #246

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:

It appears you have learned nothing from all these posts. Everyone has to be like you are they are living an incorrect lifestyle.

I know, I know, I grew up in an isolated area in the NE. My town had 500 people. I was already 10 years old when the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel was finally completed. Then it took a few years for people to really start using it, but soon after I left to see the world....kinda.

As far as the underpants thing, it's not that simple

Since the soccer thing was this passed year, I'm thinking of Abby Wambach. (and Megan Rapinoe) Do I need to say more?

Her underpants have one story but everything else about her is another story and she's a great person.

You wanna put her in high heels and a skirt right? Maybe she can be a secretary in your dream world? I don't think so. If not Wambach, I'm sure you could talk Rapinoe into it right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Rapinoe
Old 25-04-2016, 15:27   #247
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
It appears you have learned nothing from all these posts.

As far as the underpants thing, it's not that simple
Ah...well....someone learned nothing from Biology class either....
Yes...it really is that simple. But in today's world you are not allowed to speak truth to power or the Mob.
Old 25-04-2016, 15:31   #248
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
I played in places where union membership was required. Join the union or you don't work there.
Sounds like the classic rock and a hard place with you the one in between.
Old 26-04-2016, 10:27   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Ah...well....someone learned nothing from Biology class either....
Yes...it really is that simple. But in today's world you are not allowed to speak truth to power or the Mob.
It's simple for some of us but not so for others.

Maybe this will help you understand. Temporal lobe surgeries can sometimes affect a person's sexual preference.

Going by that, a slight variation in one's temporal lobe at birth could alter their sexual preference.

Simply going by the video above, Amy Wambach and Megan Rapinoe are not your average girls. They seem to be a bit different than the rest of the ladies no matter what their biology might suggest. Magen Rapinoe's penalty kick against Brazil below

Hope Solo tried the gay thing but it didn't work for her. She and Abby Wambach on David Letterman. Hey, they seem to dress differently also.

Old 26-04-2016, 10:36   #250
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Maybe this will help you understand. Temporal lobe surgeries can sometimes affect a person's sexual preference.

Going by that, a slight variation in one's temporal lobe at birth could alter their sexual preference.

Simply going by the video above, Amy Wambach and Megan Rapinoe are not your average girls. They seem to be a bit different than the rest no matter what their biology might suggest.
What are you talking about?
Sexual preference...gender identification...transgender...gender fluid...
Those have nothing to do with the Male/Female.
That is determined by XX or XY genes.
Not the type of genes you wear...but the kind that no matter what you chose to be or say you are today, can't change.

So again...YES...it really is that simple to a Scientist like me.
There is Black and White on some things....despite the world not liking it.
Old 26-04-2016, 10:54   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
What are you talking about?
Sexual preference...gender identification...transgender...gender fluid...
Those have nothing to do with the Male/Female.
That is determined by XX or XY genes.
Not the type of genes you wear...but the kind that no matter what you chose to be or say you are today, can't change.

So again...YES...it really is that simple to a Scientist like me.
There is Black and White on some things....despite the world not liking it.
You can't seem to get passed the biology.

Your boy's quote above read:

Not only do they lack common sense, many cannot figure out if they are boys or girls, even after looking in their underpants!

There have always been boys that acted like girls and girls that acted like boys but it was kept quiet back in the day. The boys where called names and/or brutalized a bit.......especially in rural areas like where I grew up

Now, times have changes.

To hear both sides simply program your radio for NPR and the conservative radio channels and keep flipping back and forth.

This subject continually comes up

You are basically giving the conservative's stance while I'm giving the liberals position. Same ole thing.......different day
Old 26-04-2016, 11:02   #252
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
You are basically giving the conservative's stance while I'm giving the liberals position. Same ole thing.......different day
No...there is a 3rd Stance, called Science.
In today's age people can't come to terms with facts that don't change based on your opinion or beliefs. You highlighted it perfectly for us.
I made no judgements, just Science. No politics, just Science. No Right vs left debate, just Science.

If you have XX you are a Female of the Species
If you have XY you are a Male of the Species

Science and Facts matter.
Old 26-04-2016, 11:03   #253

Quote:

Simply going by the video above, Amy Wambach and Megan Rapinoe are not your average girls. They seem to be a bit different than the rest no matter what their biology might suggest.
+1

Wasting your time here though - might as well teach algebra to chimps.

Genetic Components of Sex and Gender

Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex. Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

The biological differences between men and women result from two processes: sex determination and differentiation.(3) The biological process of sex determination controls whether the male or female sexual differentiation pathway will be followed. The process of biological sex differentiation (development of a given sex) involves many genetically regulated, hierarchical developmental steps. More than 95% of the Y chromosome is male-specific (4) and a single copy of the Y chromosome is able to induce testicular differentiation of the embryonic gonad. The Y chromosome acts as a dominant inducer of male phenotype and individuals having four X chromosomes and one Y chromosome (49XXXXY) are phenotypically male. (5) When a Y chromosome is present, early embryonic testes develop around the 10th week of pregnancy. In the absence of both a Y chromosome and the influence of a testis-determining factor (TDF), ovaries develop.

Gender, typically described in terms of masculinity and femininity, is a social construction that varies across different cultures and over time. (6) There are a number of cultures, for example, in which greater gender diversity exists and sex and gender are not always neatly divided along binary lines such as male and female or homosexual and heterosexual. The Berdache in North America, the fa’afafine (Samoan for “the way of a woman”) in the Pacific, and the kathoey in Thailand are all examples of different gender categories that differ from the traditional Western division of people into males and females. Further, among certain North American native communities, gender is seen more in terms of a continuum than categories, with special acknowledgement of “two-spirited” people who encompass both masculine and feminine qualities and characteristics. It is apparent, then, that different cultures have taken different approaches to creating gender distinctions, with more or less recognition of fluidity and complexity of gender.

Now our resident "scientist" will explain how misguided the WHO is.
Old 26-04-2016, 13:21   #254

Boat: PDQ 32 DogHouse

That line of thinking is why some people think it's okay to use whichever bathroom they choose at a grade school no matter what color blanket they came home in. And that is one of many reasons why home schooling is becoming so popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-04-2016, 14:16   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytom View Post
That line of thinking is why some people think it's okay to use whichever bathroom they choose at a grade school no matter what color blanket they came home in. And that is one of many reasons why home schooling is becoming so popular.
What a despicable way to describe children struggling with gender identity issues.

Sadly your own children will likely follow your "teaching" and bully others who don't conform to your mean-spirited, mediaeval, pseudo-religious and pseudo-scientific idea of "normal."

If by "that line of thinking" you refer to my post - it's a direct quote from the World Health Organisation and is incontrovertible evidence that gender identity issues suffered by "some people" are the result of accident of birth.
Closed Thread