Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 18:49   #316
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 592
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Truth is, if you were born in the United States you were born rich. There are people in this world who would love to have what our poorest of poor have. Folks, appreciate what you have.
__________________

__________________
captlloyd is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 21:55   #317
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 461
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captlloyd View Post
Truth is, if you were born in the United States you were born rich. There are people in this world who would love to have what our poorest of poor have. Folks, appreciate what you have.
Never mind, you'll soon have "The Donald" for Pres and he will sort that lot out.
__________________

__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 22:01   #318
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
Never mind, you'll soon have "The Donald" for Pres and he will sort that lot out.
Now it is clear what Winston Churchill meant when he was saying: "Many forms of Government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

__________________
adoxograph is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 22:16   #319
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 461
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Now it is clear what Winston Churchill meant when he was saying: "Many forms of Government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."
Ah, Winston, the greatest man with words, and my favourite author.
__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline  
Old 05-05-2016, 23:46   #320
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 592
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
Never mind, you'll soon have "The Donald" for Pres and he will sort that lot out.
Hilary will be the next President of the United States. The election has been over for months.
__________________
captlloyd is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:54   #321
Registered User
 
daletournier's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seychelles
Boat: Catalina 470
Posts: 1,903
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

This is how I know I'm rich, I ripped my holding tank out yesterday and dinghyed it over to shore(this is indonesia), it would not have been on the ground next to the bin for 30secs before one of the locals claimed it. My old sewerage tank is someone eles treasure.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
daletournier is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:08   #322
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 71
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Many years ago in Haiti I saw a similar thing happen... I was riding in a car with a Haitian friend. The engine wasnt running right so he stopped, popped the hood to check things out... in his infinite wisdom, he decided it needed a quart of oil which luckily appeared from the trunk... after making a hole with a screw driver he poured the oil into the engine and tossed the empty can to the side of the road...... it wasnt there 30 seconds before it was snatched up by a poor soul... I asked what that guy was going to do with it... my friend told me that he would probably wash it the best he could and be cooking his dinner in it tonight....

Now things like that put your life in perspective!
__________________
dennismenace111 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 08:39   #323
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea
Boat: a sailing boat
Posts: 17,314
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoxograph View Post
Or as he said

Change of subject. Your choice of movie references show that we might be in the same age group
Age group 0-99!

Alas, most of the time I try to stay within one sigma off the mean. I find this very easy, sitting now nearly on the mean ...

;-)

Cheers,
b.
__________________
barnakiel is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 09:46   #324
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 461
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
This is how I know I'm rich, I ripped my holding tank out yesterday and dinghyed it over to shore(this is indonesia), it would not have been on the ground next to the bin for 30secs before one of the locals claimed it. My old sewerage tank is someone eles treasure.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
A true case of "one man's crap is another man's gold"?
__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 10:53   #325
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea
Boat: a sailing boat
Posts: 17,314
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
A true case of "one man's crap is another man's gold"?
And us, sailors, are not the first to discover this!

'One man's trash is another man's comeup:



Cheers,
b
__________________
barnakiel is offline  
Old 08-05-2016, 16:18   #326
Registered User
 
thomm225's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hampton Roads
Boat: 1974 Bristol 27
Posts: 3,469
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post

People are not born gay.
Really?

Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski were at the Kentucky Derby yesterday checking out and commenting on the fashions.

I wouldn't know fashion if I tried. Would you? I wonder if he learned fashion at the same time he "decided" to become gay?

Johnny Weir though .......what can you say? He's pretty freaking awesome!

__________________
thomm225 is offline  
Old 08-05-2016, 16:27   #327
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,653
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

A perplexing problem for the left will be if testing for a "gay gene" is found.
Will they be in favor of mothers making their choice to have an abortion for their child with the "gay gene"?

Hey we about covered everything else in this thread, we might as well throw this paradox into the mix.

To be pro-choice...does it extend to aborting a fetus because it will be LBGTPQ? I'm going to self identify as a mother today and see if I can get a mothers day discount at IHop on a Rudy-Tuti-Fresh and Fruity breakfast....wish me luck..
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is offline  
Old 08-05-2016, 17:39   #328
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
... Hitler looked to and admired the American Left and Progressives for their breakthrough work on Eugenics, they didn't look to the US Constitution and Conservatism. The American Left were supportive of Hitler at the beginning...sorry facts are facts.... Again...nice try.
You are really forming an opinion because a group which was liked by Hitler didn't look at the US constitution and do evaluate where on the left-right scale Hitler was because of his policicies? Really?

Let's look at his policies.

Hitler hated socialism and communism and soon destroyed both in Germany, outlawing all socialist parties and imprisoning thousands of socialists in concentration camps. He later tried to destroy socialism throughout Europe. His hatred of communism was a major motivating factor in his decision to attack the Soviet Union in 1941.

Hitler hated socialist internationalism and was instead an extreme nationalist, a typically right wing political stance. He was also a race supremacist, a stance associated far more with extreme right wing politics than with the left.

Hitler was also a social and national Darwinist, believing in the survival of the strongest both among nations and among individuals in the Reich. This social Darwinism economically lent itself much more to free market capitalism than it did to anything left wing.

Hitler in fact hated the welfare state, and the Nazis quickly destroyed the German welfare system. So averse was Hitler to the left wing concept of helping the weak and vulnerable that he actually approved orders to gas the sick and disabled to death!

And Hitler gave carte blanche to German big business to exploit foreign labour to such an extent that actual slavery was instituted: no left wing ideas about the rights of workers here.

All of these are definitely right wing policies.

Please enlighten me what policies of Hitler could be considred left-wing?
__________________
adoxograph is offline  
Old 08-05-2016, 17:40   #329
Marine Service Provider
 
SV THIRD DAY's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: La Paz, Mexico
Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Posts: 3,653
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Why delete your post if you believe in it and stand by it? Next....
__________________
Rich Boren Goodbye Morro Bay...Hello La Paz, Mexico and the owner of:
Cruise RO Water High Output Water
Technautic CoolBlue Refrigeration
SV THIRD DAY is offline  
Old 08-05-2016, 17:48   #330
Registered User
 
adoxograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ 'ʇsɐoɔ ǝuıɥsuns
Boat: Landlocked right now.
Posts: 355
Images: 1
Re: Now I understand how poor i am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Why delete your post if you believe in it?

Next....
I can see it and so can everyone else. It is still there.

I have to say that I really like the way you self declared "educated" type debate facts. When confronted with facts you distract, move to denial and attack.

Bravo!

Still you did not list any left-wing policies of Hitler.

I guess that is because you do identify as right wing and can't stand the fact that Hitler was so far right that he fell off the scale. SV THIRD DAY there are even differences in the scale of right wing. You being right does not mean you would support Hitler. (I'm surprised that I even have to point this out to you)

But here is the point: extremism it does not matter if left or right is always destructive.
__________________

__________________
adoxograph is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trying to understand ssb sailor12 Marine Electronics 12 20-03-2011 10:46
Sorry, I Don't Understand How to . . . Jacques2 Forum Tech Support & Site Help 13 25-11-2010 06:45
I Don't Understand Rigging unbusted67 Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting 5 28-09-2009 13:32
Land Dwellers, Just Don't Understand JusDreaming Off Topic Forum 29 21-09-2009 11:16



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.